Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: Do you buy StarBucks brand?
Yes. 14 32.56%
No. 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:02 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Breaking a Myth: Starbucks: 9/11 and free products

I know this is old news but I'd like to have other peoples opinion on it. Many of us remember the tragedy of 9/11. But how people were really affected by the actuall events? I know I was cause I was stationed overseas and at the time was home on leave attending my mother-in-law's funeral. Do you remember the Starbucks Incedent http://www.boycottwatch.org/misc/starbucks3.htm ?

I didnt actually hear about it til I went back overseas almost a month later and several months after that during League night when I tried to order my favorite drink besides beer, a frapacino, while rolling. Anyway I was informed that AAFES, Army & Air Force Exchange Service, was no longert selling StarBucks products due to them charging excess at ground zero. At the register there was an email signed by some AF 1 Star stating that they would no longer support a company that would charge excess in a national tragedy.

This was back in '01, I ETS'd in '02 which still had SB no where on shelves, and the Myth Buster wasnt written til 04? So after reading the article, and having any other knowledge, answer the poll and leave any feedback.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:04 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
No, but not as a boycott.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:19 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
No, but not as a boycott.
The same goes for me as well.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:41 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't buy Starbucks for two reasons. Firstly, I think they are ridiculously overpriced. Second, I think their "coffee" sucks.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:26 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
I think Star#ucks is a breeding ground for yuppy windbags that have nothing better to do with there time than complain about the world and not do anything about it.

Here in my little town it was a staus symbol, if you could afford Star#ucks than you were cool. It created a whole new level of highschool politics in an adult world. The nice thing about the situation is I learned a lot more about people than I already knew.

The same thing is happening with our local WAL*TARD but with a little twist. Some folks no longer shop at our local WM. Not because they feel that the company's business practices are carp, but because it makes them look like they care, They look down on people who can't afford to not shop at WM and treat them as if they were a lesser being.

It slowly makes me fear that I will someday become completely apathetic to the world's problems because I got tired of the highschool politics,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:36 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I buy $tarbucks. I don't hang out in them or anything, but on occasion I stop in and buy a coffee. I don't think they are overpriced. I usually pay $1.65 for a cup of good tasting coffee.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:39 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
I think Star#ucks is a breeding ground for yuppy windbags that have nothing better to do with there time than complain about the world and not do anything about it.

Here in my little town it was a staus symbol, if you could afford Star#ucks than you were cool. It created a whole new level of highschool politics in an adult world. The nice thing about the situation is I learned a lot more about people than I already knew.

The same thing is happening with our local WAL*TARD but with a little twist. Some folks no longer shop at our local WM. Not because they feel that the company's business practices are carp, but because it makes them look like they care, They look down on people who can't afford to not shop at WM and treat them as if they were a lesser being.

It slowly makes me fear that I will someday become completely apathetic to the world's problems because I got tired of the highschool politics,
Like....Whateverrr.

I drink Starbucks coffee because I am addicted to coffee and I think it is good coffee.

I don't hang out a Starbucks because it is always filled with little kids who are trying to be cool.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:44 AM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
have you tryed the slushie type a coffee thing they sell?its a frosty mocha vento flipachino?something like that i dont know the name,there soo good!

where else is there to shop beside walmart,meijer,target?

ˇdn sʇɐɥʍ
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
I buy $tarbucks. I don't hang out in them or anything, but on occasion I stop in and buy a coffee. I don't think they are overpriced. I usually pay $1.65 for a cup of good tasting coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister
Like....Whateverrr.

Bannister

Yay, I knew not everybody that went to Star#ucks was a Yuppy Windbag.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:19 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
A) I hadn't heard about this Starbucks thing. It's true, though - one jerk employee near the collapsed towers charged a group of rescue workers $130 for three flats of water. Starbucks was very slow to respond to the ensuing outrage, so I completely understand why the military doesn't carry Starbucks. They did, however, donate $1 million to charity after 9/11 and the company (not the store) provided free coffee to rescue workers. So the real fault lies with one disgusting human being, though the company was in no hurry to make up for that person's greed.

B) I don't drink Starbucks because I don't like it.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:27 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I don't buy Starbucks, but thats because I don't drink coffee.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:09 AM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
I don't buy Starbucks, but thats because I don't drink coffee.
Same here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General