Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 6th, 2010, 03:00 PM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker
Re: Horned Skull Brutes Pre-Release Discussion Thread

These guys or the ogre don't fit my style of play, I only got one of the cutters pack, think ill do the same on these guys. I like the new abilities, I love the paint jobs on all the new figures.
The point cost is low so You can effectivly use them with cutters, but that is over a hundred points for a OM nightmare of seven squad figures.
That being said there possible 8 move and 4a4d stat is real nice, and worth the points. So I may never use them with cutters, but brutes X2 in an army sounds competitive enough for me.
Old October 6th, 2010, 04:11 PM

sir william the bold is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahosaphat View Post
These guys or the ogre don't fit my style of play, I only got one of the cutters pack, think ill do the same on these guys. I like the new abilities, I love the paint jobs on all the new figures.
The point cost is low so You can effectivly use them with cutters, but that is over a hundred points for a OM nightmare of seven squad figures.
That being said there possible 8 move and 4a4d stat is real nice, and worth the points. So I may never use them with cutters, but brutes X2 in an army sounds competitive enough for me.
I love these kind of units, bugbears inparticular are my favorite type of goblinoid so I was very happy when they came out

Check out my custom terrain.
Old October 6th, 2010, 04:18 PM

Mrspy is surprisingly tart

Ha! I just noticed that "Expendable Rabble" also works on guys who are right next to the brute! Dang I wonder what that would look like in real life. lol

Einar's the BOMB!!!
Old October 6th, 2010, 04:49 PM

elvinleader Woo who?

Im on my cell and i cant read the hsb`s or the pulverizers abilities. Anyone care to help me out?
Old October 6th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrspy View Post
Ha! I just noticed that "Expendable Rabble" also works on guys who are right next to the brute! Dang I wonder what that would look like in real life. lol
I'm not following you. It ONLY works on goblins who are right next to the Brute being attacked.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 6th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

I think he meant it works from adjacent attacks.
Old October 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvinleader View Post
Im on my cell and i cant read the hsb`s or the pulverizers abilities. Anyone care to help me out?
Here ya go:

Expendable Rabble

If a Horned Skull Brute that you control is attacked with a normal attack against an opponent's figure and recieves 1 or more wounds, you may destroy a small Goblin figure that you control that is adjacent to that Horned Skull Brute to ignore any wounds that Horned Skull Brute just recieved.

Barge Into Battle

After moving and before attacking, if a Horned Skull Brute you control ends its movement unengaged, you may choose an engaged small or medium friendly squad figure within 3 clear sight spaces of that Horned Skull Brute whose base is no more than 2 levels higher or lower than the base of the Horned Skull Brute. You may switch that Horned Skull Brute with the chosen squad figure. Figures moved by Barge Into Battle never take any leaving engagement attacks.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:29 PM

Bolo knows what's in an order marker Bolo knows what's in an order marker

The Brutes are brutes. I love these guys for all the reasons that have been said by numerous members.

Great stats.
Great price.
Great synergy.
Great sculpts.
Great job Design Team.

If a chicken and a 1/2, can lay an egg and a 1/2 in a day and a 1/2, how long would it take a grasshopper with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a cucumber?
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the idea of them and how I expect now goblin armies will be seen in competitive play. I don't think they should of been common. I think this would of been perfect as a unique squad instead of a common squad. The price on small goblins is going to go way up since you will want at least a few more squads of the small ones than these.
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:10 PM

Looking East knows what's in an order marker Looking East knows what's in an order marker

I can't praise these brutes enough. They can serve as the core of a powerful goblin cutter/brute melee army or you can use them by themselves in other builds filling a variety of rolls.

Anywhere you simply need a cheap beat stick you can use 2-3 squads of these guys by themselves and ignore the cutters.

I think perhaps the role I will personally use them for most often is as body gaurds/beat sticks in a rat screen range army with units like the krav and raelin. Being able to free your prized range units from engagement by using Barge and then bashing the offending enemy's head in with three attacks of 4 is just a beautiful thing.

The rats make great stepping stools if you want to take the Brutes on the offensive and it will drive your opponent nuts trying to hit through the very high defence of the rats and brutes with Raelin pumping them up.

You can fill an entire start zone with durable high defence units with a very low point limit and you can dish out a pretty solid beating. Twelve attack dice a round is not earth shattering but it is definately enough to get the job done.
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I really think these guys need a general-type fig that can move them and the goblins at the same time. As my buddy prometheus stated, it would help with the start zone spaces, too, if this figure ate up 200 points or so...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:40 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think with the HSB in play that a hobgoblin melee hero could also compliment them nicely. I nominate this figure. He could have double attack or some form of whirlwind attack or whatever the thing Raelin 2.0 has is called.

Bladebearer Hobgoblin, 27/60 from Aberrations 10/04

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units