Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 9th, 2010, 10:51 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!
Heroscape's Deadliest Warrior

Hello and welcome. If anyone else has been watching recently, Deadliest Warrior is on a new run on SPIKE. If any show was comparable to heroscape, that would be it. But are the results of the show ‘Scapeworthy? I decided to find out by using mathguy’s Heroscape Matchup Calculator to run simulations of my own.

First matchup is going to test the results of the Gladiator versus the Apache Indian.

For this, We are matching up Capuan Gladiators versus the Mohican River Tribe.

Let’s look at our weapons:

Capuan are bringing Initiative advantage to the table. Bonding won’t be accounted for in this simulation. Gladiators also have a well-rounded attack of three and defense of three, and an agile move of 5.

The Mohican River Tribesmen have Battle Fury, which evens the odds and placing their attack and defense equal to the Gladiators, not to mention they bring a powerful ally to the table – Range! They are just as fast and just as strong, will their rifles give them an edge?

Let’s see how the Special Abilities match up:

Initiative advantage vs. Battle fury: Initiative wins out in a heartbeat. The Capuans already had the strength and fierceness, whereas Mohicans needed an ability to make up for it. The special abilities edge goes to CAPUAN GLADIATORS.

Now let’s look at the Base Statistics:

Range vs Melee: in a melee battle, everything matches up with these fighters. It’s a 3-on-3 battle between attack 3, defense 3, move 5, 70 point figures. However, the Mohicans also have their rifles, giving them a range of 6 attack of 2. The edge in base stats clearly goes to the MOHICAN RIVER TRIBE.

My take on the battle:

Before running the simulation, I’ve gotta say, this looks insanely close. It’s almost a game of initiative versus range, and considering how good the Capuans’ defense is, I don’t think the range will be a whole lot of help. With stats this close, I think it’s the first strike that matters, and if the Capuans can close the gap on the first turn, it’s all over for the Mohicans. I think Gladiators are going to win it this time around.

Simulation, begin! WHO IS DEADLIEST???

The simulation shows that Gladiators won initiative 60.056% of the time, and whoever won initiative was guaranteed about 2.4 kills on any given turn, up until the last round, where capuans did clearly better than the Mohicans. If Mohicans win initiative, they would not win as strongly as the Capuans if they had won initiative.

The winner is the Capuan Gladiator! A stunning battle!

Tune in next time for Samurai vs. Viking

Last edited by Brewster; May 11th, 2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:54 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape's DEADLIEST WARRIOR

Which Samurai vs Viking?

Izumi vs Tarn would be the closest, both in point cost and in getting an even fight. My money is actually on the underdog Tarn. They have an extra squad figure, defense that should keep the Izumi attacks at bay, and an offense that might just get past counterstrike.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old May 9th, 2010, 11:02 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

I think the closer the fight, the most exciting it is for both me running the sim and just in general. I think the Izumi are the most iconic anyway.
Old May 9th, 2010, 11:30 AM

LazySoul4 Woo who?

I think this thread might top the show lol
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:01 PM
The Animator

JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby!

This is a really good idea, (+rep)

Come check out my heroscape .gif Images.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30039
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:13 PM

FOOTBALLDUDE88 is surprisingly tart

I love this show. This is great.
FBD88

VOTE FEN HYDRA IN
UBR 2011!! ALL HAIL
FEN HYDRA,
IMMORTAL FEN
HYDRA
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:26 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Just like the simulations on the show, this simulation fails to account for tactics on the battle ground. If I were faced with this matchup I would take advantage of my range and force the Capuans to come to me at which point I would spread out and play a run and gun game, often attacking with hieght. Still a potentially close matchup but any standards but I would give the edge to the Mohicans, give them a well timed initiative switch and they would win with a landslide.
Great idea by the way and a very entertaining delivery. I'm looking forward to the next matchup.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old May 9th, 2010, 02:42 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Just recently got into Deadliest Warrior, and I like how you picked the mohicans vs the gladiators. One episode of the Deadliest Warrior pitted 2 heros against each other. William Wallace (Alastair MacDirk) vs Shaka Zulu (closest hero is Brave Arrow) However I think that MacDirk would decimate Brave Arrow. But the general Idea is pitting 2 heros against each other.
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:38 PM

I by no means think this is perfect, but I thought it would be interesting enough. I'd be happy to accept any debates over the results, especially in the form of playtesting or $100 bills
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:01 PM

Krizo is surprisingly tart

Sweet idea. But what kind of map is it played on? Any height advantages? Water?

That would make a difference, obviously.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't.
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:34 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Cool idea! Can't wait for the next one. It would be nice to know the terrain/maps like Krizo said.
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I laughed the whole time I read that; I kept picturing the Capuans and Mohicans flashing on a screen demonstrating their weapons and powers. Awesome show there, and awesome thread here.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units