Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:37 PM

Cigarman has disabled reputation
Suggested proxies for official figures.

Now that the bomb has gone off, and WOTC has discontinued the line, let's help new players to the game who can't get the earlier waves. New players can print a copy of the official cards, but not the figures. So let's start a list of units and proxy figures usable for those units.

So, if you can think of another manufacturers mini that makes a suitable replacement for an official figure, post it here. Make sure to list the unit, the name of the proxy figure, the manufacturer, it's id number, and where it can be bought.

Example:

Wave 8 The 10th Regiment of Foot:
Proxy with "Wars of Empire The Zulu Wars" British Firing Line. Wargames Factory. No id number found. www.wargamesfactory.com

Let's not let WOTC "win" by allowing this fine game to die.

Cigarman
Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:40 PM

Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker Freezie knows what's in an order marker
Re: Suggested proxies for official figures.

Personally, I use my Warforged to proxy for Gladiatrons.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me -Psalm 23:4
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:06 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm in as long as no official proxies are from figures made by WoTC. I hate them. So I'm boycotting them.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:11 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Just something I've been meaning to ask. On a tournament setting, are figure proxies allowed?
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:13 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Just something I've been meaning to ask. On a tournament setting, are figure proxies allowed?
Usually not, but it's up to the tournament director.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:14 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Almost never. The TD decides.

EDIT: Ninja'ed by DA.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 PM

pixlepix Woo who?

though, in a year or 2, proxies and customs will pretty much be forced.

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)
Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:47 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Already a thread on this (next time search for PROXIES in title). It does need updating though

Heroscape Proxies? - Image Intensive- Over 170 pictures

And on the proxies in tournaments question - 99% of the time non-Heroscape proxies are not allowed, except most allow repaints to be proxied whether repainted or not (so you can use white nakita agent for Agent Skahen or Granite Guardians for Obsidian Guards). I could maybe see more leniency on using DDM minis of D&D herosacpe, but the base is an issue. Usually just borrow figs at the tourney.

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 3rd, 2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old November 4th, 2010, 02:35 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixlepix View Post
though, in a year or 2, proxies and customs will pretty much be forced.
This is what I was going to say. And really, it will be by necessity.

Magic has a format called "Vintage" and it is within this format the infamous Black Lotus and other power cards are allowed. The 9 cards combine to form a Voltron costing between $5,000-$10,000. If it weren't for proxies, this format would have died long ago. And this is in a game that is still being manufactured.

Ultimately, it will be the Tournament Director that has to decide whether he wants people to show up to his tournament. Does he want the same 4 people showing up every time (by disallowing proxies) or does he want a larger, more casual event?

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old November 4th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd pop for a ton of molding equipment and recreate each and every figure in the game for at cost sale if I had a guarantee it'd be worth the investment.

Of course the best thing to do is to make a list of potential proxy figures similar to what D&D Minis had with its earlier line Chainmail. Many of those had equivalents that could be used for the DDM game legally. Difference there is of course that the figure we come up with may not be WotC/Hasbro creations. The important thing is to make sure that such figures would be available for newer players as well as cheap enough to warrant their use.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units