Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 12th, 2010, 09:08 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Red Wyrmling Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:52 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Red Wyrmling Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Do you think 185 pts worth of Red Wyrmlings would be better or worse than Zelrig?

6 Red Wyrmlings or Zelrig??

Zelrig can hit groups and the threat of that would keep formations from being formed.

Red Wyrmlings could threaten a greater area and hit more figures if none are adjacent.

Red Wyrmlings aren't as susceptible to instant-kill abilities.

I don't know for sure. Something tells me I'd prefer Zelrig, but I guess I'll have to play some to find out.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:58 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

I think I would prefure the wyrmlings for one reason... more chances, for killing and dying

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:29 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

The Red Wyrmling seems like the worst of the 4. The White and Blue can both kill more than 1 per turn and the Black can bypass defense.
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:44 AM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I likes this guy when I was using him along with 2 Blacks. The four of them (2 red, 2 black) really helped kill some Sentinels and Quasatch Hunters.

I think Zelrig is better at the beginning of the game, simply because he can cause so much havoc in one turn. Later in the game though, using some of these can do more.
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:59 AM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Do you think 185 pts worth of Red Wyrmlings would be better or worse than Zelrig?

6 Red Wyrmlings or Zelrig??

Zelrig can hit groups and the threat of that would keep formations from being formed.

Red Wyrmlings could threaten a greater area and hit more figures if none are adjacent.

Red Wyrmlings aren't as susceptible to instant-kill abilities.

I don't know for sure. Something tells me I'd prefer Zelrig, but I guess I'll have to play some to find out.
I was coming to find this thread for this very reason: I actually think the little z's are better! They're not better for bombing the startzone, but I think I would rather have 180 points of them than Zelrig in the middle of the game (unless I'm going to bond with the Greenscales).
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:54 AM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
The Red Wyrmling seems like the worst of the 4. The White and Blue can both kill more than 1 per turn and the Black can bypass defense.
I have to disagree here. I think the Red Wyrmling is either the strongest of the bunch or a close second to the Black Wyrmling.

The RW's attack is almost a guaranteed kill against a common squad figure, so as long as he can target one, he's going to be earning his points worth quickly.

The RW obviously has a close resemblance to Zelrig, and for roughly the same amount of points as Zelrig, you can take 6 RWs. I would theorize that in many situations, 6 RWs will be as good if not better than Zelrig because it will take more attacks on average to kill them than it would Zelrig.

The White Wyrmlings special attack is quite weak. Attacks of 2 just don't cut it against most opponents. Same goes for the Blue Wyrming, and he is 5 more points to boot.

Red and Black Wyrmlings are where it's at.
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:01 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

I think the Ranking for the Wyrmlings goes in this order:

1-White
2-Blue
3-Black
4-Red
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:10 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

All we seem to be discussing here is their special abilities. Don't forget that the BW has 4 attack. That's a good sized attack for only 35 pts. And the WW has 4 defense. Although not as helpful of an increase from 3, it might keep the WW alive a tad longer than a RW.
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:26 AM
has been BANNED

The Red also has the Worst base Stats:

White has 6 Move and 4 Defense
Black has 6 Move
Blue has 4 attack

Red is tied for lowest move, lowest attack, lowest defense
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:57 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a question, the SA says that squads roll 2 less defense dice. So what happens to say if the Marrow Drudge get caught out of swamp water, do they roll no dice? Or will they get only 1 die? I've noticed that a lot of cards (can't remember if it is official cards, custom cards, or both right now) will say to a minimum of (number) dice. That is lacking on this card. Any ideas? Or will this have to go to Hasbro for clarification?
Old June 13th, 2010, 05:21 AM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
I have a question, the SA says that squads roll 2 less defense dice. So what happens to say if the Marrow Drudge get caught out of swamp water, do they roll no dice? Or will they get only 1 die? I've noticed that a lot of cards (can't remember if it is official cards, custom cards, or both right now) will say to a minimum of (number) dice. That is lacking on this card. Any ideas? Or will this have to go to Hasbro for clarification?
No clarification needed. Two fewer dice is two fewer dice whether that means the defending figures gets no defense dice or not.

When in doubt, just do what the card says...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units