Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 17th, 2009, 05:54 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Pelloth Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I'm making some Pre-Release Discussion Threads so that no one needs to worry about books right now. We can keep all the excitement of finally seeing everything in these threads. The books could be created later, like when the figures actually come out and we can play with them instead of rampantly TheoryScaping. The idea is to keep the books a little cleaner, but still provide a place for figure-specific discussion until later.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:06 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Pelloth Pre-Release Discussion Thread

This guy is awesome. I love the idea of an evil guy blowing up his own troops. Lurk in the shadows is pretty cool too. 3 defence and 4 life won't hold up real well if he gets caught in the open or engaged, but that seems balancing. This is probably my favorite figure from the new master set. Well done.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This guy is my favorite from this set by far! Tandros is cool, but this guy takes the cake. All you have to do is to get him to camp on a hill of shadow, and watch him make a mess of drow and other figures body parts! He is really my favorite unit from this set, and his pose is cool.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Pelloth, My thoughts:
1. His card says Drow, so you can use any drow figures they come out with in the future, even heroes that only have 0ne life left.
2. Pelloth with 3 x Drow = 310, leaving 190 points left to round out an army. I'm thinking Q9 or Nief. The big heros will help take care of other big hero's and instant death figures would be in trouble with the drow. You could even leave out one squad and throw in Raelin, giving a good boost to the entire squad. Ratz would suffer From the big guns, so this set could work.
3. On the right map it will be hard to hit the drow so range might suffer.
4. Pelloth also has range so he will be worth it in many armies based on stats as a good clean up after all the Drow bit the dust. Also he has the range of 7 with the Drow bonus and can't be hit by range so he really should last to the end game.
5. Laughing maniacally as you roll each dice is not only suggested, it is required.

First army I'm Playing:
Pelloth 100
2 x Drow: 240
2 x Spiders: 320
Sojoah 505

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:41 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

This guy has a huge target on his head!

His lurk skill is terrain based. That means that power is at the mercy of the map makers; there could be no shadow tiles, there could be only a few in very poor places, or there could be a whole ton everywhere. The first two options are more likely than the last.

Without shadow he is made of paper, and you'll need to protect him pretty well to do some real damage. I'm skeptical about this guy; he has a strong ability, but armies with range or disengage will hurt Palloth quite a bit.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I can see the benifits of destroying your own drow figures when facing high defense squad members or heros (setinels, deathwalkers), but when facing low to medium defence guys, I don't think I would risk killing my own figure just to see me roll no skulls at all on 3 dice.

It's actually too bad you have to control the drow figure destoryed in the attack. In the books the drow fight each other as much as anyone else so it would have been cool if you could use the power to destory an opponents drow along with his buddies near him.
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:52 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

I can't decide just yet but he might be the coolest.
His special reminds me of a powerful gun that uses gold bullets. They can cost a lot & not always abundant.
I'm excited & grateful to all the people responsible. Lets have some fun!

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I assume he can also destroy himself if the occasion calls for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:30 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like him a lot. I wish he had some more survival-bility, but he is cool. Very fun fluff wise and in a dungeon world. Unfortunately I can't see him working too well outside of dungeon play just because he'll get picked off before he could do anything useful. I wish he bonded with the drow as that would be awesome.

I still love him to death and really hope we'll see more drow in the coming year.

Oh, and he's an Arachnomancer...so cool.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:45 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I don't think any figure can ever target itself with an attack, whether special or normal.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:48 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Hmmmmm. Nothing on the card goes against that theory unless your definition of "clear sight" doesn't include targeting yourself. Otherwise, I can see it being a great suicide attack, considering that the skulls rolled are unblockable hits on whatever melee figures is unlucky enough to engage it.

Otherwise, I think he's a pretty dynamic figure to use. Ideally, Lolth's Rage has a threat range of 7, which is pretty impressive considering you inflict auto-wounds. Killing your own warriors, as well, is one of the most epic powers in this Master Set.

He might see a lot of competitive play, considering that, in a mass-Drow army, the fallen Drow Elf will usually earn its own points pretty easily- a fraction of 70 can decimate 100 points of KMA on a good roll, as well as thin the ranks of the 4th Mass. It will also take out a lot of low life heroes in 1 or 2 shots, which is bad for Q9-10 and a number of fragile hitters.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:50 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post
Quote:
Hmmmmm. Nothing on the card goes against that theory unless your definition of "clear sight" doesn't include targeting yourself. Otherwise, I can see it being a great suicide attack, considering that the skulls rolled are unblockable hits on whatever melee figures is unlucky enough to engage it.

Otherwise, I think he's a pretty dynamic figure to use. Ideally, Lolth's Rage has a threat range of 7, which is pretty impressive considering you inflict auto-wounds. Killing your own warriors, as well, is one of the most epic powers in this Master Set.

He might see a lot of competitive play, considering that, in a mass-Drow army, the fallen Drow Elf will usually earn its own points pretty easily- a fraction of 70 can decimate 100 points of KMA on a good roll, as well as thin the ranks of the 4th Mass. It will also take out a lot of low life heroes in 1 or 2 shots, which is bad for Q9-10 and a number of fragile hitters.
Well the KMA will lose quickly to the drow if they get that close to them anyway. The KMA are usually behind an army of rats. Q9 and Q10 can't be affected as the wounding can only go on small or medium figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units