Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 6th, 2007, 05:19 PM

Doustin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Roll Shields or Die Results

Just got home from the tourney. I failed miserably but had a great time so its all good. Everything went over really well. We had just enough maps, and managed to get enough prizes for everyone to have one.

We have the results as posted by goodhueq
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhueq
I just got home from the tournament. It was great; good people and good fun. After 4 rounds of swiss:

Rank/Name/Points/Army/Army Point Total
1 Ollie (Matt) 2000 Braxas, Venom, Krav Maga Agents, Rats (500)
2 Goodhueq (me) 1947 Thanos, Isamu, Marro warriors, 2 Rats (500)
3 Marro Maniac 1791 Q9, Dan, Roman Legos, Marcus DG, Drake1 (500)
4 Mark 1783 Nilfheim, Isamu, Raelin, Laglor, Krav Maga (485)
5 Kosta 1664 Cyprien, Q9, Drake2 (500)
6 Cheyenne 1640 Q9, Silver Surfer (500)
7 Paul 1564 2 Knights Weston, Sir Denrick, Doctor Doom (485)
8 azeroth00 (Ian N) 1563 Nilfheim, Raelin, Captain America (485)
9 Son of Marro Maniac 1522 bGruts, aGruts, Krug, Tornak, Krav Maga, Deathstalkers (500)
10 Loborocket (Jeff) 1490 Iron Man, Shades, 3 Warriors Ashra (490)
11 Lindsay 1441 2 Warriors Ashra, 2 Aubrien Archers, Syvarris, Sonlen (500)
12 Nitekrawler 1361 Izumi, Marro Warriors, Tagawa Archers, Charos, AE (495)
13 Son of Loborocket (Jimmy)1340 Nakita, Q9, Captain America (500)
14 jedigoalie (Ian C) 1260 Warriors Ashra, Marro Stingers, Carr, Krug, Tagawa Samurai, Theracus (490)
15 T-Bone 1186 Omnicron, Taelord, Raelin, Zettian, Izumi (490)
16 Dustin 704 4 Zombies, 2 aGruts, Marro Warriors, DW8K (500)
I lost to an 8(?) year old... twice. The first time I couldnt get any kills, second time I nocked off all but his Cap. America, which took out my final figure of DW8K. And the first game I lost to his father.

Id like to thank everyone that helped out in any way. I may get some names wrong so bear with me. Ollie was great with the scores, he was very well prepared and I dont know if I couldve pulled this off without his help. Goodhueq and friends brought 5 maps, I dont know which specifically but they had snow, lava, roads, and two swamps. Someone else supplied a map just in time to give us enough for everyone. Thanks to everyone that brought prizes and snacks and whatnot. and thanks to anyone I forgot, my memory is about as bad as my army was .

These pictures and more can be seen on my Myspace page.

Everyone that played got a golden zombie

A few of the maps we used

Some nice repaints by goodhueq and friends

And the matches

And our undefeated winner, ollie the scorekeeper with his new Einar flagbearer

Old October 7th, 2007, 07:38 PM

he_who_makes_you_wet has disabled reputation
Cheyenne

I am Cheyenne, I wore the orange Dunkin Donuts uniform because I had gotten out of work just barely before the tourney started. Also, the repaints from the first few picks, those were me Shea (Goodhueq) is my brother, Lindsay is my sister, Ian N.(Azeroth) is my pseudo-step brother. I played Silver Surfer and Q9.
>Round one vs. Ian N. Silver Surfer moved up 11 on turn 1 with hyper speed, engaged Nilfheim early on for some massive hits, moved onto Capt. America, killed him in one hit, then SS finished off Raelin1.
>Round two vs. Shea, his Thanos killed my sleeping Q9 on turn 2, SS wiped out the entire rest of his army before he could reject Thanos back to life.
>Round three vs Matt, I lost. His Nilfheim backed by Raelin1 dealt more damage to SS than SS got into the dragon. SS died... then Q9 died... and I was defeated.
>Round four vs. Jeff, Surfer took high, high ground early, picked off a few Shades. I lost a sleeping Q9 to a shade, but because of how the steps to the high ground were, Q9 couldn't engage the Surfer and after Warrior of Ashra after WOA fell to the Power Cosmic, Surfer shot Q9 and the soulborg 'glassjaw' affected the major, who rolled 0 shields to at least 4 skulls. Jeff conceded with a few WOA left to SS at height.
*I wish that I had gotten the points for killing my soul devoured Q9, but with 3 wins and 1 loss at my first game outside my family, I was excited enough.
For my prize, I snagged the printed out water lexan tile map thing.
That was my tourney report. Any questions, comments, or insults, reply - and just a thank you to everyone who was there. It was awesome!
(forgive the run ons and and 'speeling' errors, i only had a few minutes to type this up)

~Cheyenne

"Whoever appeals the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward, Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of Honor
Old October 8th, 2007, 02:35 AM

Doustin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I was so glad you guys brought some maps. Otherwise we wouldve had to do something like have 6 people play, then 6 more, then 4 just for one round. Good to know you had fun. I hope to play you guys sometime, I think I played Ian in the second game.

Those were some nice repaints you guys brought. I didnt get pics of all of them but i got some of the ones I liked most. After seeing them there I kinda wish I had brought some Ive done.

Old October 8th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Huge amounts of thanks to Doustin and everyone else that made this happen. It was my first tournament, and my first time playing anyone that I hadnt learnt from or taught. I had a blast.

With the idea that there'd be plenty of Marvel heroes around, I brought Braxas, the Krav Maga Agents and Rats and threw in Venom so I'd have a superhero of my own. I figured the Krav can stealth dodge six dice as easily as one, and if Braxas gets three shots at acid breathing on a hero that gives her a 50-50 shot (more or less - yes, I'm enough of a math nerd to have this worked out in advance) of taking it out, regardless of how super it is.

Game 1. The dice gods were with me on this one. My opponent, Jimmy, had Captain America, Q10 and the Nakitas. They moved forward in tight formation and my agents had no luck getting through all the defence boosts. Cue Braxas. Turn 1 she takes out Captain America and a Nakita. Turn 2 she polishes off the other two Nakitas. Turns 3-5(?) she successfully goes one on one with Q10. She didn't take a single wound while doing all this.

Game 2. Ian C's first wave was Krug and Theracus carrying Carr. My rats tied up Krug and the Krav managed to take him out before he could reach my position. Meanwhile Theracus dropped Carr right into the middle of the action. Venom stepped up and managed to kill both Carr and Theracus, at a cost of four of his five lives. Braxas took over and acid-dribbled her way through the remaining squads.

Game 3. My opponent was Paul and his "Shiny Happy People": Sir Denrick, two sets of knights, and Doctor Doom. We'd played essentially the same armies against each other the day before the tournament (Paul had Thorgrim and Eldgrim then instead of Denrick) as a final practice and Paul's second ever game of HS. This game was on a small SOTM board and the action started immediately. My Krav got height in a relatively useless position and I got my rats clogging up Doom. In comes Braxas. She acid-breathed Denrick quickly, but Doom was stubborn. It took five or six goes before it finally worked at which point Braxas had just one or two lives left. During this time she got mind-exchanged twice and took out all of my agents. With Doom gone, Venom and Braxas cleaned up the remaining knights.

Game 4. My first game on snow. Mark had Raelin, Laglor, Krav Maga, Nilfheim and Isamu. I was thoroughly outmanoeuvred in the early game, with my rats totally ineffective and Mark always getting height and the first strike. Time for Braxas to go on a charge. Mark hadn't seen it coming and I took out all three agents and Laglor in one round. Then it was Braxas vs. Nilfheim with Braxas on height and Nilfheim backed by Raelin. Braxas fought bravely, and took all but one life off Nilfheim before her death. Last turn of the round, one of my agents takes a hopeful potshot at Nilfheim and gets a single skull. Nilf rolls seven defence dice - but no shields. It was essentially over at this point, but in a final reminder from the dice gods of who they were favouring today, Raelin's last desperate killing rampage saw her roll no skulls when attacking three (or four?) times in a row.

Thanks to all my opponents for the games and to everyone that was there for making it such good fun.

See you at the next one!
Old October 8th, 2007, 06:52 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
if Braxas gets three shots at acid breathing on a hero that gives her a 50-50 shot (more or less - yes, I'm enough of a math nerd to have this worked out in advance) of taking it out, regardless of how super it is.
I just want to point out that Braxas cannot use Acid Breath 3 times on the same figure in the same turn. Unless you were anticipating getting at least 3 turns to try it, you need to adjust your superhero-killing math.

"Poisonous Acid Breath
Instead of attacking, you may choose up to 3 different small or medium figures within 4 clear sight spaces ..."

From your battle reports it sounds like you didn't do anything wrong though. Sounds like a good and fun tourney.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old October 8th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Moving to Battle Reports.
Old October 8th, 2007, 07:38 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Nice repaints! Those are off the hook, yo'!

Those zombies only gold?

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old October 8th, 2007, 07:51 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This event sounded really fun. Im jelouse that nothin like this goes on where I live. Reading this really made me want to get Marvelscape. Something which I didnt even want originally.
Old October 8th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Roll Shields or Die Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doustin
Everyone that played got a golden zombie
So cool! I love the idea.
Looks like an amazing time had by all.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Old October 9th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
if Braxas gets three shots at acid breathing on a hero that gives her a 50-50 shot (more or less - yes, I'm enough of a math nerd to have this worked out in advance) of taking it out, regardless of how super it is.
I just want to point out that Braxas cannot use Acid Breath 3 times on the same figure in the same turn. Unless you were anticipating getting at least 3 turns to try it, you need to adjust your superhero-killing math.
Thanks MegadeV - I should have been clearer, sorry.

I did mean that I was anticipating three separate turns worth of acid breathing. The plan was that with eight lives and suddenly piling all of my order markers on Braxas for a round or so, three turns was something I could reasonably expect.

Spending 210 points for a 50-50 chance of taking out a medium-sized hero might not seem a good deal in classic play, but with the Marvel heroes running around and the collateral damage it would cause to squads near the heroes, I figured it was a good deal in this case. In every game, Braxas did more than 210 points worth of damage. She often did way more than that - the only one where it was close was the second, when the Krav Maga Agents and Venom did a lot of early damage.
Old October 9th, 2007, 11:25 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Those repaints are pretty cool, but I want a golden zombie!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 10th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Is a Quadradical

The golden zombies are awesome. But now I need a way to use them. I've never made or used a custom before, but these repaints deserve it.

Option 1: Just switch out a regular zombie, or allow a golden one to be added in at 20 points and use the same stats.

Option 2: Allow a golden zombie to be drafted at, say, 25 or 30 points and give it +1 defence and/or +1 move (and otherwise be used as a regular zombie)

Option 3: Make a common hero. I'd want to preserve the zombie horde idea, so here are a few possible powers that attempt this:

Zombie Movement Bonding: Before taking a move with a golden zombie you may move any three Zombies of Morindan you control up to four spaces each.

Inexplicable Revival: If at the start of a round you have at least one zombie on the board, you may roll the D20 for each of your destroyed golden zombies. If you roll a 13 or higher, place that golden zombie on the board adjacent to a zombie you control.

Zombie Support: Each Zombie of Morindan you control that is adjacent to a golden zombie may roll one additional defence die

Braaaains: No idea what this power might do, I just think it'd be cool to have a zombie power with this name.

I've dismissed Option 1 as booooring. A golden zombie should be special. For Options 2 and 3 I'd welcome your thoughts, or other ideas for putting these to use. As I say, this is the first time I've ever attempted this. Something that came in at 25 or 50 points would be perfect---my group often plays 350 or 400 point free-for-alls or team games, and between us we have five squads of zombies and two golden zombies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports