View Poll Results: Preferred play style
Single elim 2 16.67%
Swiss 8 66.67%
Other (please specify) 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:09 AM

Doustin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Roll Shields or Die - NH tournament - This Saturday

This is my first time doing anything like this so please be patient with any problems that come up. Im hoping to have a whole Halloween theme, so feel free to come in costume.

Registered Participants
1. Doustin
2. loborocket
3. loborockets son
4. ollie
5. friend of ollie #1
6. Mark
7. Marks friend Kosta
8. jedigoalie
9. *SPACE AVAILABLE*
10. Doustins coworker
11. Bobbo *OUT*
12. goodhueq
13. friend of goodhueq #1
14. friend of goodhueq #2
15. friend of goodhueq #3
16. Marro Mainiac
17. Son of Marro Mainiac
18. Nitekrawler, Brother In Law of Marro Mainiac
19. T-Bone, Brother in Law of Marro Mainiac

Please send me a pm to register by Oct 1st

Date: Saturday Oct 6, 2007

Time: Im going to say now setup at 10 and tourney start at 12.

Points: Bring a 500 point army, order markers, damage markers, etc. No customs please. For now Ill say some Marvel is ok, unless popular demand wants otherwise.

Style: Swiss seems to be the preferred choice. Probably 3 or 4 rounds about 40 minutes each. Possibly single elimination at the end depending on time.

Entry Fee: Id like to ask for about $5 from each player to help cover the costs of renting the hall. Non players of course wont be charged, though if theyd like to add a little to cover the hall that would be fine. Should there be extra money after that (not likely) it can go toward pizza or something, seems using it as a prize may cause problems

Age Limit: If someone is willing to help with a kids tourney we can split it, otherwise Id say younger Scapers are welcome if theyd like to take on the older folks.

Maps: Official maps and Battlefileds of Valhalla, may have alterations to feel Halloweenish. Unlimited starting zone, no glyphs.

Prizes: Id like to go the donation route to keep things cheaper. Ill find some things to throw in myself.

Food And Drinks: I think VFWs allow food, so feel free to bring some for yourself or for everyone. There are plenty of places to eat around here too.

Also, if anyone has any clever names for the tourney, preferably with the Halloween theme, Id like to hear them. If all goes well this may become a yearly event. Any suggestions for improving whats here so far are more than welcome, especially from those that have done this before. Hope to see you all there.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:00 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
Good for you Doustin! This is a great idea and I applaud you for just taking the plunge my man.

Wouldn't it be great to see a rotating New England tourney schedule between NH, MA and RI a couple times a year? If we got REALLY organized we could create some sort of league so players who wanted to could have their scores tallied as part of a year-long record, with some sort of final play-off in the spring for the top scorers over 5or 6 tournies during the year. The New England HS Superbowl!

But I digress . . . . .

Unfortunately, I'm at a conference that Saturday so won't be able to swing it. But your tourney is going to be great, and hopefully I'll make the next one.

Okay, so you have to give it a catchy name. How about the "Roll Skulls or Die" NH tourney?

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:03 PM

A Heroscape league? We'd be bigtime with something like that. Thats too bad you cant make it, hopefully therell be a next one...

Roll Skulls Or Die... I like it, kinda Halloweenish with the skull part and fits being in NH, but wouldnt Roll Shields Or Die fit the game better?

Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:28 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
Yah, I suppose that makes more sense

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:51 AM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!
I would come to the tournament. I am just up the road in Manchester. I like the idea of a couple of rounds of Swiss to seed people against each other for a few rounds of simgle elim. Like for the top 8 after 2 rounds of swiss. Unless of course not many people sign up then single elim or round robin style would work out.
Old August 25th, 2007, 10:35 PM

Now that you mention it, I did like that idea when i saw it in the MA thread. Also glad to know theres more Scapers in my new area of living.

Old August 26th, 2007, 11:00 AM

Bobbo has disabled reputation
Go New Hampshire!

I might be able to swing that. I should be able to get there in an hour and a half or something.

I got nuthin...
Old August 28th, 2007, 02:05 AM

Ok theres something I, sort of unfortunately, should mention. If theres not going to be many people going to this thing, we'll likely change the location to our house, not too far from the VFW. The unfortunate part is I had to pay a non-refundable $50 to rent the VFW so Im out that much no matter what.

Ill give it another week or two to see if responses pick up before making a decision. If we get at least like 10 players Id say itll stay the VFW. Otherwise Ill just take the loss and we'll have a smaller level of a good time.

Old August 28th, 2007, 12:27 PM

XM06 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm drawing a blank- what's VFW?

I'll have to check my calendar and talk to some people. Even if I can't go, maybe I can send a couple people your way.
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:36 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
VFW stands for Veterans of Foreign Wars. To put it in simple terms, it's a hall, basically. I gotta check my band's schedule, I can't remember if we've got a gig on the 5th or 6th, but if I'm free, I'm in...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old August 29th, 2007, 09:10 AM

XM06 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt
VFW stands for Veterans of Foreign Wars. <snip>
Ah, thank you. I was thinking it would be some kind of hotel meeting room, so I was completely on the wrong track in trying to figure it out. The best I could come up with was "Very Fine Western", a chain of cheaper but perfectly acceptable hotels that haven't quite earned the "Best Western" name.
Old August 31st, 2007, 02:26 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
If I'm free then I'm in. I should know for sure in the next week or so. Some of my (few) regular opponents will probably want in as well - I'll spread the word.

Thanks for organising this!

Edit: Oh, and I'm happy to help plan a Swiss. I voted for Swiss, but any system that makes sure everyone has at least a couple competitive games gets my support. (I haven't played in a tourney before and I fully expect to lose my first game embarrassingly. Hmmm, now I think about it, there's a good chance I'll be losing all my games embarrassingly...)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events