Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 6th, 2010, 01:22 AM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Horned Skull Brutes Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Expendable Rabble

If a Horned Skull Brute that you control is attacked with a normal attack against an opponent's figure and recieves 1 or more wounds, you may destroy a small Goblin figure that you control that is adjacent to that Horned Skull Brute to ignore any wounds that Horned Skull Brute just recieved.

Barge Into Battle

After moving and before attacking, if a Horned Skull Brute you control ends its movement unengaged, you may choose an engaged small or medium friendly squad figure within 3 clear sight spaces of that Horned Skull Brute whose base is no more than 2 levels higher or lower than the base of the Horned Skull Brute. You may switch that Horned Skull Brute with the chosen squad figure. Figures moved by Barge Into Battle never take any leaving engagement attacks.

Discuss the brute squad...

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]

Last edited by hivelord; October 7th, 2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: added power text
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:28 AM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Horned Skull Brutes Pre-Release Discussion Thread

These guys look awesome in person.

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:33 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Are bugbears a species of goblin or something? They were called bugbears in the earlier previews, so I'm a bit confused
Or were they changed for synergy with 'Scape?
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Are bugbears a species of goblin or something? They were called bugbears in the earlier previews, so I'm a bit confused
Or were they changed for synergy with 'Scape?
Bugbears are goblinoids in D&D. There was no change. Although Kurrok I think is listed as a "hobgoblin" even though Hobgoblins are goblinoids as well.
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:45 AM

AgentDex Woo who?

I love the goblin cutters already, mixed with Horned Skull Brutes together they would make a very effective army. I love the sculpts as well, especially the one in the first pic. The look on his face is great!

It's nice to know I am not the only adult addicted to buying and playing with plastic miniatures.
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:45 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Bugbears are a goblinoid species. Part of the same family. Goblins, Hobgoblins, and Bugbears. Bugbears are the biggest, Hobgoblins are the closest to human, and we've already seen goblins.

'd
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I totally love these guys, but 4/4!

I can't say many of my other figures will like that one bit.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:50 AM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
These guys look awesome in person.
I have seen and liked the original ddm minis and these seem like top notch repaints.

Not to mention these guys with the cutters seem like one of the most fun thematic armies yet. I can just picture the little goblins swarming in then the big pushy brutes throwing the little guys out of the way to get at the target. Then they start using the little guys as shields which gets them all scared and scurrying around. It's a fun mental image.

Once again hats off to the design team. Great work.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 6th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As I just said in the Ogre Pulveriser thread, they've been doing a good job of releasing a mix of casual and competitive units in these new waves.

I think these guys are competitive as all heck. Man! 4/4 PLUS that nifty little move thingy (maximum of +5 to move), PLUS being able to toss a goblin cutter on the fire! YEA!

These guys are definitely middle of the game bread and butter. Send out your cutters to cut into the enemy, then when the cutters weaken have the Brutes take charge!

Just imagine how scary that would be in real life. These guys are both thematic and competitive, another home run.
Old October 6th, 2010, 05:54 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Now these guys are just awesome- goblin synergy, great stats, and great ability!
Old October 6th, 2010, 06:58 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentDex View Post
I love the goblin cutters already, mixed with Horned Skull Brutes together they would make a very effective army. I love the sculpts as well, especially the one in the first pic. The look on his face is great!
I thought the HSB's were going to be crap looking from the D&D pics, but they look very thematic. The goblins being so small and expendable next to them... also thematic. I can see 2x Brutes 7x goblin cutters armies being fun... 34 starting hexes required though!!!

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old October 6th, 2010, 07:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hey, I knew these guys in High School.

Suddenly, the Warforged Soldiers pull Tactical Switch!

Suddenly, the Horned Skull Brutes SWITCH THEM RIGHT BACK!

Sick. Because--they're EVIL! MWAHAHA!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units