Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 16th, 2022, 01:05 PM

Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of The Darkness - VOTE for Public Playtesting

This passes
Old May 17th, 2022, 08:18 PM

Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of The Darkness - Public Playtesting

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: THE DARKNESS

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Underground Catacombs
Units: The Darkness, Batman (Occult), Blade (Nightstalkers), Lobster Johnson VS Luke Cage, The Thing II, Jessica Jones, Spider-Man (250)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Akali Lake
Units: The Darkness, Captain America, Rogue, Nightcrawler (230) VS Black Atom, Lex Luther (185), Deathstroke (285), Sinestro
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Good cost, and a decent draft pick for most teams.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Best way of describing the Darkness currently is glass canon. Once he gets into battle, he can dish out a lot of damage quickly, but can go down just as quick. I had thought about suggesting a 1 point raise to life or defense, but I think once the darklings are introduced his survivability will go up. His Unleash the Darkness power is good but I think limiting the power so you can’t target the same figure more than once is key. All in all I enjoy how The Darkness plays and look forward to mixing him in with more teams.
Old May 17th, 2022, 08:25 PM

Wanted to see about making a minor change to the wording on the second power. I would like to add a clarification not allowing The Darkness to hit the same figure more then once. Getting to attack then potentially rolling 3 unblockables against the same figure just seems like to much.
Old May 17th, 2022, 08:29 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderquail View Post
Wanted to see about making a minor change to the wording on the second power. I would like to add a clarification not allowing The Darkness to hit the same figure more then once. Getting to attack then potentially rolling 3 unblockables against the same figure just seems like to much.
Good call! And I agree I wouldn’t worry about survivability too much if he’s worth it in offensive power.

I’d give a wording suggestion but I’m with kids and on my phone so not dealing with it right now hah
Old May 17th, 2022, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Good call! And I agree I wouldn’t worry about survivability too much if he’s worth it in offensive power.

I’d give a wording suggestion but I’m with kids and on my phone so not dealing with it right now hah
Plus with the Darklings probably being able to soak wounds. I think his survivability on his own is fine.

Quote:
UNLEASH THE DARKNESS
After attacking with a normal attack, if The Darkness inflicted any wounds you may choose up to 3 shadow spaces within 6 spaces of The Darkness. Roll one unblockable attack die against all enemy figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces. Up to a maximum of one die per figure.
Something like that for now can figure out better wording later. Just to put the clarification out there.
Old May 17th, 2022, 11:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

UNLEASH THE DARKNESS
After attacking with a normal attack, if The Darkness inflicted any wounds you may choose up to 3 shadow spaces within 6 spaces of The Darkness. Roll one unblockable attack die against all enemy figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces. You cannot roll for the same figure more than once.

Maybe something like that, lifting precedence from special attacks that only let you attack individual figures once?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 18th, 2022, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
UNLEASH THE DARKNESS
After attacking with a normal attack, if The Darkness inflicted any wounds you may choose up to 3 shadow spaces within 6 spaces of The Darkness. Roll one unblockable attack die against all enemy figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces. You cannot roll for the same figure more than once.

Maybe something like that, lifting precedence from special attacks that only let you attack individual figures once?
Your wording works much better, Thanks!
Old May 23rd, 2022, 09:56 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: THE DARKNESS
VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: WAKANDAN ROYAL FOREST
Units: The Darkness (330), Batman (Occult) (230), Detective Chimp (140), Zatanna (II) (220), Orko (75), Lightning Bolt (5) (1000) vs Hawkman (JL) (270), Flash (JL) (270), Wonder Woman (JL) (310), Green Arrow (I) (150) (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

UNIT SUMMARY: Darkness is cool and I love his mechanics. He feels maybe a tad soft overall, but with some defensive help, I think he’ll do just fine at his cost. And his drawing fire does give other figures opportunities. One tweak I’d consider is making more of the ranges for the various powers consistent as there are a lot of different numbers (1, 2, 3, 6, etc.) to reference across his power set, that adds more cognitive load to playing him.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 23rd, 2022, 03:45 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Anything you would like to see from my tests Cinderquail as far as for or against the Darkness?
Old May 23rd, 2022, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Anything you would like to see from my tests Cinderquail as far as for or against the Darkness?
He does have the most potential with Occult Batman currently. Pairing him with Hellboy II also gives some options. But go with whatever teams you feel he fits best in. As for opponents there's no one off the top of my head I want to see him against.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
UNIT SUMMARY: Darkness is cool and I love his mechanics. He feels maybe a tad soft overall, but with some defensive help, I think he’ll do just fine at his cost. And his drawing fire does give other figures opportunities. One tweak I’d consider is making more of the ranges for the various powers consistent as there are a lot of different numbers (1, 2, 3, 6, etc.) to reference across his power set, that adds more cognitive load to playing him.
We could up his range to 6 to make it more consistent.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
He does have the most potential with Occult Batman currently. Pairing him with Hellboy II also gives some options. But go with whatever teams you feel he fits best in. As for opponents there's no one off the top of my head I want to see him against.
I thought that Obsidian/Avengers Spidey/Oracle army was really nice with him at 1000 as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library