Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old October 10th, 2018, 08:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
That warsenal terrain is terrific. Great job on that stuff @Hahma . Im thinking I need to get a bunch of minis prime before the snow sets in.
Thanks TREX! Wait until you see when I get all of the Warsenal terrain done and set up in different ways, it will be pretty cool. Though it may take me through winter to get it done, as I have to fit it in here and there along with other projects.

Yeah, get it primed before winter. That's how I roll. I try to get my new models prepped, assembled (if necessary) and primed right away so that I have them ready whenever the mood strikes me. Also to have a good bit that will last me through winter.

As promised, I'm taking a little break from Legion, to work on some models from The Drowned Earth.

I've been waiting a while (since April) to start painting my The Drowned Earth models, but I finally started with this guy, Slethssk a Saurian scout from the Artefacters faction. He was fun to paint.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 16th, 2018, 02:29 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Hahma , I can't wait to see what you come up with using all the cool warsenal terrain. The drowned earth stuff looks awesome. Ive only played Heroscape the last handful of times Ive got to get a game in. My brothers and nephew love Heroscape above all else and I've recently revved up my custom making engine again for more HoSS Compatible Star Wars figures. Ive also been watching Joe McCullochs latest teasers for "The Rangers of Shadow Deep". Most of all I've been really busy taking care of projects around my house. It seems that everything wants to fall apart lately. I just had to Install a new Clothes Dryer to replace ours that died. Last Week I had to put new tires on my wifes car, then I Installed a new Thermostat and Housing on her car as well to fix a coolant leak. I had to get my 14 year old German Short hair put down, and the week before that I had to cut 3 cords of fire wood to get ready for winter. Its been a pretty scary october so far, I hope its pretty nice by the time Halloween gets here.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 16th, 2018, 07:10 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@TREX ,

I hear you about stuff around the house, it's never ending. Fall means a lot of work outside to take down the canopy and roof section of our covered area on our deck, or else the winter winds will tear it apart. Also have a lot of decorative grass to cut down to the base as well as other bushes and hedges to trim. I don't do work on cars, as while I will tackle a lot of construction and landscaping projects, I'm an idiot when it comes to cars.

I wish I had some people into Heroscape. My daughters haven't been interested in at least 6 or 7 years and my nephew hasn't had time since he was about 17, and he's going to be 22 soon.

I finished Ana from the Artefacters faction for The Drowned Earth. She is the faction's mechanic and carries her homemade rifle named Lucille, and it fires smoke pellets. They do minor damage if hit by one, but are more about offering cover of smoke for her teammates.

As for race, she is what is called a Dverg. Before "the event", humans did some gene splicing to bioengineer different races. Slethssk is a Saurian race created hy humans and there are some others I'll get to later. But the Dverg are similar in appearance to humans, but smaller in stature (she's actually more Infinity size when this is act 35mm range compared to 28mm of Infinity). They were created to be servants and workers. Have limited night vision, are smaller but the same strength as humans, don't require more than 5 hours of sleep and have a different digestive system that allows them to eat stuff that humans can't.

The designer of this game created quite the world for this game, with a ton of back story, including maps, economy, races with back stories, beasts (lots of dinosaurs) and many other things. He's mentioned on Beasts of War that at some point he may make an RPG out of this. Certainly has a good start as far as world building.

Old October 31st, 2018, 07:08 AM
Prickly Cactus

Nix, the leader of the Artefacters faction for The Drowned Earth

Old November 1st, 2018, 07:12 AM
Prickly Cactus

Some Star Wars Legion. Played the Long March setup where deployment zones are on the opposite ends of the narrow ends instead of the wide sides. Did Key Position objective, so terrain pieces with tokens on them need to have majority of unit leaders adjacent to them at the end of 6 rounds to get a VP. Ended up being tied 1-1 because the most contested piece of terrain was 4-3 Imperials until Leia took out the last two members of an Imp squad on her side of the building in the last round. So that building was 3-3 with leaders adjacent to it. The AT-ST counts as a unit leader as it is a unit and its own leader.

Old November 2nd, 2018, 10:23 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I see you are putting your old CDROMs to good use, Hahma.
Old November 2nd, 2018, 12:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I see you are putting your old CDROMs to good use, Hahma.
Well yes and no Porkins. Those are CD's as bases for those terrain pieces. But I didn't make them, I won them and several other terrain pieces that are similar and some with different bases. I was demoing Frostgrave at a fundraiser event at a game store last year and several raffles. I bought raffle tickets and put some in the box receptacle for a box of terrain that some people I know made, and tickets in for The Walking Dead All Out War core set and a couple boosters. I ended up winning both.

Then in March, I was demoing The Walking Dead All Out War at local convention that was raising money for disabled veterans, and in a raffle there, I won a wrestling miniatures game called Rumbleslam. I've been very lucky in that regard

Old November 10th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Prickly Cactus

I finished the last 2 members of my Artefacters crew for The Drowned Earth.

Sage is of the Berangeii race, strength and toughness of a gorilla but with human intellect. Each faction has a Berangeii member and they are the Tough class, which is basically the tank.

Corian is human and the medic of the crew.

And here is the "family picture" of the Artefacters crew.

Nix - Human - Leader
Sage - Berangeii - Tough
Corian - Human - Medic
Slethssk - Saurian - Scout
Ana - Dverg - Mechanic

Before the "Event" that messed up the earth to cause the oceans to rise and create a watery/jungle-like post apocalyptic world, humans used gene splicing technology to create races like the Berangeii, Saurian and Dverg. Dverg are the "dwarf" like archetype of this world. They were created to be physical laborers and have body functions to make them stronger than their size and require less rest, as well as eat things that humans couldn't.

Last edited by Hahma; November 11th, 2018 at 09:06 AM.
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:56 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Those look great. I am always a fan of Ape warriors and have always been dissappointed with the gorillanators. They look so cool but are sub par. Great job painting those. You can tell what kind of time is put into them. Ive been 3d printing quite a bit of stuff lately to help my brother sell stuff at a local craft fair. I did a handful of large fallout power armor helmets and some star wars stuff as well. Between the both of us we have three 3d printers. Its super fun to print things. Ive been sizing some of the star wars legion terrain down a little so I can mount it on hex bases. I have a whole box of sci fi terrain now that I plan on mounting to hex bases so it can be used on a heroscape board and on a gridless board. I have given up my quest for Imperial Assault gridless. There are some units that are too powerful when using true line of sight compared with what grid based los it has in the box. It was pretty cool that I won the Idaho Heroscape tournament last weekend and was able to pick up four Imperial assault booster packs by adding a couple dollars to my 40 dollar store credit. I plan on using the star wars models for Imp assault and will probably make heroscape cards for them as well. Ill also use the figures and terrain for my Forcegrave, starwars frostgrave variant. I still need to put together a pdf with it. The last time I tried making a star wars frostgrave I tried to integrate them in with the wizards. This latest rendition is more star wars with only jedi and sith and has no wizards. All the units in your warband are trooper and star wars types. You find holocrons, special gear, weapons, and credits instead of the traditional treasure. I have it to where lightsaber attacks, force abilities, and special weapons can combat things that only magic could kill. Ultimately it uses all frostgrave core rules and combat but has aspects of GA and has quite a few more ranged units. The jedi and sith are harder to kill than the wizards and their force abilities are much closer to their actual description because they arent competing with wizard spells. Lots of fun. Ive even grouped up a bunch of random minis with no purpose to mod and give lightsabers to for more options for peoples force users when they play out at my place.

Old November 10th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's are really cool!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 10th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

That sounds neat @TREX ! You are quite the creative guy, between your workshop and 3D printers.

Congrats on winning the Heroscape tournament!

Old November 10th, 2018, 03:37 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
That sounds neat @TREX ! You are quite the creative guy, between your workshop and 3D printers.

Congrats on winning the Heroscape tournament!
Thanks Hahma. It was a long time coming for the tourney win. The weekend before in Utah I fought BiggaBullfrog for the win, but lost due to him having a counter draft for my screen. I'm thinking of making a few dice towers/bowls, a bunch of 3d print busts and models, and some vinyl decals for cars and such off of my Cricut machine to help my brother out with his Craft Fair Booth. It should be pretty fun. I'm super busy crafting though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures