Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 19th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
The Tome of Volucris Suicidium

The Tome of Volucris Suicidium

Custom Set Seventeen
Suicidium Scourge

(Card by @mac122 )
Homeworld: Marr
The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons figure from the Waterdeep: Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica set.
Its model number and name are #019
Kraul Winged Warrior.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Rulings, Clarifications and Errata
Spoiler Alert!

Combinations and Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Immunities, Benefits and Weaknesses
Spoiler Alert!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 19th, 2019, 11:58 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
The Tome of Atharm

The Tome of Atharm

Custom Set Seventeen
Suicidium Scourge

(Card by @mac122 )
Homeworld: Marr
The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons figure from the Waterdeep: Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica set.
Its model number and name are #037 Kraul Death Priest

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 25th, 2020, 01:54 PM
Hard as ice

Re: Lazy Orang & Family's Classic Customs - The Stiff Corpse

Custom Set Eighteen
The Stiff Corpse

Well, here we go again! Last Chinese New Year, I posted the Chu-Ko-Nu, a card based on one of the most unique and interesting weapons to come out of China. As a result, I've now decided that, each Chinese New Year, I shall post a new unit inspired by Chinese history or mythology, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it just sounds like fun, and secondly, I have limited knowledge of those areas, so it will force me to expand my frame of reference - something I'm always happy to do, especially as it pertains to history and myth!

This year, though, we're going for a less obscure creature from Chinese myth - the Jiangshi! A Chinese equivalent of a zombie or vampire, the card almost designed itself, to be honest. One of the most notable aspects of the Jiangshi is that, unlike most undead, they've actually developed rigor mortis, making them unable to move normally and forcing them to to lunge or 'hop' in order to move - their name, in fact, is often translated as 'Hopping Zombie'. As such, I made that their first power - it's 90% based on C3G's Walking Dead special power (which can be found here), but with a 'hopping' effect added, making them better at moving over uneven terrain or fording rivers. This allows them to effectively play themselves, making them effective harrassment units.

With their main, iconic hook out of the way, I gave them Life Drain off the Esenwein Clan - they sustain themselves by draining others' qi, so it was a fairly obvious reuse. I also gave them a low defence and Tough for a couple of reasons - they're meant to be hard to bring down, but one, they have a number of specific weaknesses, so I thought having them weak to SAs would be a nice, low-key way to represent that, and second, they can't exactly actively defend much, what with their limbs being stiff, so not having much actual defence and relying on an auto-shield to stay alive felt fitting to me.

Without further ado, here we go!

Card by @mac122

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; January 26th, 2020 at 08:50 AM.
Old January 25th, 2020, 04:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Love that.
What is the figure?
Have you playtested that? They are.going to be really strong with that static power. A whole army would be really scary. 7 at 595 sounds wicked.good.
Old January 25th, 2020, 04:34 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Love that.
What is the figure?
Have you playtested that? They are.going to be really strong with that static power. A whole army would be really scary. 7 at 595 sounds wicked.good.
The figure is a Heroclix Master Kyonshee from the Yu Gi Oh set.

I have tested it, with a set of two. I've only got three - a whole army is the sort of thing that I have no interest in playing and can't/won't pick up the figures for anyway, so, for a personal custom, I have no need worrying about it. Could probably get whittled down anyway, though - your own turns will be pretty weak, and someone with a Special Attack will blow through these guys. Plus, they only get to use the auto-wound when moving into an engagement (like the Walkers or Zombie in C3G), so they can get bogged down fairly easily.

Of course, part of what makes them good is that they'll also bog enemies down when that happens, and if you don't have an SA, they'll be tough to claw through. They make excellent supplementary forces to your main battleline troops. Still, not the most obnoxious when it comes to self-playing/harassment/tie down troops - one of them is about the cost of two squads of Deathreavers, and while individually tougher and much more dangerous, a singe Jiangshi can only be in one place at once.

Glad you like it, chap!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 12th, 2020, 06:21 AM
Hard as ice

The Tome of Jiangshi

The Tome of Jiangshi

Custom Set Eighteen
The Stiff Corpse

(Card by @mac122 )
Homeworld: Feylund
The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Yugioh! Series Two set.
Its model number and name are #7 / Master Kyonshee.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; February 12th, 2020 at 12:59 PM.
Old February 12th, 2020, 09:17 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I love the mechanic of Hopping Zombie. Does this design fit in with an existing faction? It looks like it does, but I don't see anything in the last couple of pages that obviously matches up. Or I suppose it's its own thing.

Why Einar?

Thanks for sharing, as always.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 12th, 2020, 12:31 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I love the mechanic of Hopping Zombie. Does this design fit in with an existing faction? It looks like it does, but I don't see anything in the last couple of pages that obviously matches up. Or I suppose it's its own thing.

Why Einar?

Thanks for sharing, as always.
Mostly its own thing, though obviously it fits with the Undead nicely. Probably has more synergies mixing than in Classic. It's pretty much a solo design (though you have reminded me that I missed Devourer synergies in the Tome - I'll fix that tomorrow if I can be arsed ). The fact it basically plays itself without requiring OMs for its marquee power means splashing one or two in will be nice for most builds, if you deem it worth the cost.

Can't take all the credit for Hopping Zombie - it's heavily inspired by the Walking Dead power from C3G. I just tweaked it so it... well, hops, which does change it quite a bit. Sometimes it's nice to tweak the wheel rather than reinvent it.

It's Einar because it's based on the mythical Jiangshi from Chinese folklore. Valkrill was the obvious choice, but almost a little too obvious (doesn't add much thematically to Valkrill's already shambling roster), so I felt it'd fit in Einar much the same way Gurei Oni does.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 12th, 2020, 12:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Cool. Thanks, as always.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 12th, 2020, 12:59 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Cool. Thanks, as always.
Thanks for commenting, chap!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards