Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old December 20th, 2009, 04:23 PM

Khenemutankh is surprisingly tart
Khenemutankh's Custom Sculpts

Hello there.

I've always wanted to learn to sculpt. My recent interest in Heroscape has finally pushed me to attempting it.

This figure could be use on Heroscape. I'm not sure of the scale, but he strikes me as perhaps Krug's little baby child. Excuse the roughness of the paint job and sculpting, this is the first figure I've ever sculpted so I have a ways to go... hopefully someday they will blow you away!

Here's the collage of my first figure, The Ogre.

Number two... the wizard with a shield. Always liked the idea, and decided it was too hard to make a sword so he ended up with a spellbook instead. I feel like this one is a step back from the Ogre... anyone know where it went wrong? And how the heck are you supposed to sculpt in the 28mm scale? It's so tiny!

I think what I dislike about this one so much is the face and the paint job. For some reason, my flesh colored paint won't go on the surface of the clay at all, so I end up doing like eight coats and still end up with clay showing through.

Made using Kato Poly Clay and acrylic paints.

Any tips or critiques are welcome.

-Khen.

Last edited by Khenemutankh; December 21st, 2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old December 20th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Khenemutankh's Custom Sculpts

Pretty good! Definitely better than I would be able to do.

Only suggestions I have to offer is to make him stand up straighter and to dirty him up a little bit with some black or brown paint.
Old December 20th, 2009, 05:24 PM

Thanks for the comments.

I tried to straighten his pose a bit, but he kind of looks like he's leaning in to a swing with that club of his... If I can figure out a safe way to straighten him up I will for sure.

As far as dirtying him up, should I dilute the paint a bit or just dry brush? I'm pretty new to adding finishes and washes to things.

-E.
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:27 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

Dilute some dark brown paint (really dark, not chocolate) and give him a wash. It will break down the mr-clean look and help define the features.

Really dirtying him up in the sense of 'adding dirt\mud' requires some careful and selective dry-brushing and is much more difficult. It's very easy to end up with something that looks like he's been standing too close to an exploding can of khaki paint.

Excellent first sculpt, by the way!
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
Dilute some dark brown paint (really dark, not chocolate) and give him a wash. It will break down the mr-clean look and help define the features.

Really dirtying him up in the sense of 'adding dirt\mud' requires some careful and selective dry-brushing and is much more difficult. It's very easy to end up with something that looks like he's been standing too close to an exploding can of khaki paint.

Excellent first sculpt, by the way!
Thank you! I will try this next time I sit down to paint.

-Khen.
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:32 PM

Updated with the Wizard guy.

-Khen.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions