Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old November 10th, 2009, 12:31 PM
has been BANNED

Sweet_Leaf Woo who?
Need some help with this...

Hello everyone!I have been a long time player and only recently decided to start doing some custom terrain. Not much here in Las Vegas New Mexico, but I found this Ugly litte guy (Anybody know where it is from??) So I wanted to make some kind of like tiki idol out of it or something can anyone help me with some suggestions? I am kinda new to this part so yeah!
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Need some help with this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Leaf View Post
Hello everyone!I have been a long time player and only recently decided to start doing some custom terrain. Not much here in Las Vegas New Mexico, but I found this Ugly litte guy (Anybody know where it is from??) So I wanted to make some kind of like tiki idol out of it or something can anyone help me with some suggestions? I am kinda new to this part so yeah!
Um, paint it (brown, grey, whaterver color you think the idol should be) and glue it to a single hex (unless it is bigger than that; hard to tell from your photo)?

Beuond that, I'm not really sure what you are asking for.
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:41 PM
has been BANNED

Sweet_Leaf Woo who?

Sadly I don't even know what I am looking for LOL I just need some good ideas to get started. I am not real good at the painting thing, but I could give it a shot. He is about the size of a double-hex.
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:17 PM
has been BANNED

Eric_Cartman30 Woo who?

I think Cavalier had it right the only thing I can really think to do is paint it. It does not have to look perfect. Maybe you could spread glue over the entire piece and crumble sand over it till it is completely covered and give it a sand stone like look. Hope it helps and welcome to the boards!
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:26 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Here is what you want to do:
  1. Dip it in a 50/50 mixture of freshly-squeezed lemon juice and all-natural peanut butter. This will remove the deoxifying emulsification carbonizing catalysts from the surface of the idol and prepare it for the remaining steps.

2. Coat your left hand with a generous layer of used automotive transmission fluid. If you don't have any available, then slime from the inside of a banana peel will do in a pinch. Make sure you get it from a banana that you peeled yesterday.

3. For heaven's sake don't get any of the oil/slime on your right hand.

4. Holding the tiki firmly in your left hand, sand the top of the head with a half-sheet of 157-grit Columbian sandpaper held in your right. Use a variation on the "Canasta sweep" motion in which your thumb curls under the leeward corner of the sandpaper rather than over, so that the flourish finishes in a clockwise manner (or counterclockwise if you live in the southern hemisphere).

5. Blow off any sanding residue into a large ziplock bag, to be saved for subsequent customization projects. Make sure it's an eco-friendly ziplock that was created with wind power; the old ones made from slow-roasted polar bears have a tendency to degrade the post-sanding detritus over time.

6. Wash your hands, the tiki, and all the small animals and little sisters you blew sanding residue onto because you weren't paying attention to your surroundings.

7. Paint the entire thing with a deluxe primer. You can go with the cheap stuff found at Walmart, but I always recommend a high-grade 0.5 G aerospace primer if you don't want the Tiki to explode on the Vernal Equinox.

8. Handy tip: If you have any leftover paint and you live in an area with a high Equivocation Index, drip a drop or two into your leftover lemon juice and spread the mixture around the area where you store your Heroscape. This will smell like crap but will reduce the tendency of your finished piece to attract silverfish and crankbugs during gibbous moons.

9. Paint your final colors. You can get a cheap brush and paint from Michael's, but most of us customizing experts know the insider's trick: go to the coin-operated car wash (the kind with the spray wand) and pour your acrylic/aeropolymer paint blend into the soap repository. (Make sure the police aren't watching.)

10. After the Tiki has dried (5 days for the cheap way, 2 weeks for the car wash way), repeat from step 1 but in place of the trans fluid, substitute raccoon urine (or hobo urine if raccoons are unavailable or it's currently their mating season).

11. Allow one final week for drying, then throw your completed work of art into the nearest hogged fuel boiler and spend the rest of your days figuring out how to become the kind of person that does not get banned from public forums.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Here is what you want to do:
  1. Dip it in a 50/50 mixture of freshly-squeezed lemon juice and all-natural peanut butter. This will remove the deoxifying emulsification carbonizing catalysts from the surface of the idol and prepare it for the remaining steps.

2. Coat your left hand with a generous layer of used automotive transmission fluid. If you don't have any available, then slime from the inside of a banana peel will do in a pinch. Make sure you get it from a banana that you peeled yesterday.

3. For heaven's sake don't get any of the oil/slime on your right hand.

4. Holding the tiki firmly in your left hand, sand the top of the head with a half-sheet of 157-grit Columbian sandpaper held in your right. Use a variation on the "Canasta sweep" motion in which your thumb curls under the leeward corner of the sandpaper rather than over, so that the flourish finishes in a clockwise manner (or counterclockwise if you live in the southern hemisphere).

5. Blow off any sanding residue into a large ziplock bag, to be saved for subsequent customization projects. Make sure it's an eco-friendly ziplock that was created with wind power; the old ones made from slow-roasted polar bears have a tendency to degrade the post-sanding detritus over time.

6. Wash your hands, the tiki, and all the small animals and little sisters you blew sanding residue onto because you weren't paying attention to your surroundings.

7. Paint the entire thing with a deluxe primer. You can go with the cheap stuff found at Walmart, but I always recommend a high-grade 0.5 G aerospace primer if you don't want the Tiki to explode on the Vernal Equinox.

8. Handy tip: If you have any leftover paint and you live in an area with a high Equivocation Index, drip a drop or two into your leftover lemon juice and spread the mixture around the area where you store your Heroscape. This will smell like crap but will reduce the tendency of your finished piece to attract silverfish and crankbugs during gibbous moons.

9. Paint your final colors. You can get a cheap brush and paint from Michael's, but most of us customizing experts know the insider's trick: go to the coin-operated car wash (the kind with the spray wand) and pour your acrylic/aeropolymer paint blend into the soap repository. (Make sure the police aren't watching.)

10. After the Tiki has dried (5 days for the cheap way, 2 weeks for the car wash way), repeat from step 1 but in place of the trans fluid, substitute raccoon urine (or hobo urine if raccoons are unavailable or it's currently their mating season).

11. Allow one final week for drying, then throw your completed work of art into the nearest hogged fuel boiler and spend the rest of your days figuring out how to become the kind of person that does not get banned from public forums.
I tired this, but Tiki turned into a Golden Egg. What do I do Now?

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:53 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I tired this, but Tiki turned into a Golden Egg. What do I do Now?
I was wondering who would be the first to take the lazy way out and try imitation lemon juice. What you do now is sell all your 'Scape and hang your head in shame. Or, write on the chalkboard 100 times, I Will Not Take Customization Shortcuts.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles