Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:54 AM

Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby!
Best Packs of Waves 3 and 9 ?

My local store got Waves 3 and 9 in after my request for the owner to order some 'Scape. I've picked up the Monks/Guards and Heroes from Wave 3 and the Gladiators/Native Americans and Heroes pack from Wave 9, are any of the others worth getting ?

If they are still there I'm going to get the Agents/MacDirks pack this weekend, but none of the other packs appeal to me massivley visual-wise (well the Dwarves do, but the Repulsors repulse () me and I don't want to spend £10/$16, retail for packs here, and only get one squad I'll use). The hounds/gorillas and marro/kyrie packs I would use, so are any of those squads worth having ?
Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:58 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Best Packs of Waves 3 and 9 ?

If there is anything preached here at heroscapers it is see 'scape, buy 'scape. They are all worth getting and when your OCD kicks in you will be kicking yourself for not getting 10x everything.

Gorrillanators should use Nakita Agents for bonding purposes.

Monks and Master Win Chiu Woo go together very nicely.

Concan is a pain to bond with the Sentinels but the Sentinels stand alone in my eyes.

Repulsers bond well with the Omnicron Snipers and Zetacron.

Dwarves and Migol are just the shiznit.

Protectors and Atlaga are very good at taking down multi life heroes.

I don't play them but have heard great things about Dividers and Tul-Bak-Ra.

Last edited by J4Jandar; November 3rd, 2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:10 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, if budget is not an issue, then you would probably want 3x kilts and commandoes, and at least 2x the monks and guards. The gorrillas and hounds is more debatable, 2 squads would be probably the most you would want.

for wave 9, things a pretty good across the board. 3x squads of each would be nice, but its really up to you.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:35 AM

footsoldier13 Woo who?

The Dwarves are really a great pack, especially when combined with Migol. Hey you're really lucky, I live in England too despite what my profile says, and I have no stores near where I live which sell heroscape and none that Im aware of even in my region (the Northwest) So I'm forced to wait for something good to pop up on Amazon or UGH eBay
Old November 3rd, 2009, 04:09 PM

joeiscool12 Woo who?

Wave 3, you say? I wish that would be available around here!

-j12
Old November 3rd, 2009, 04:53 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Get lots and lots of te Marro Drones and at least two of the Marrden Hounds packs! The Hounds are one of my favorite units in the game, and they're definitelyworth it, IMHO.

(One of my Hounds managed to take out a full-health Major Q10 by itself during one of the recent NHSD tournaments. hey're fantastic.)

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old November 3rd, 2009, 05:22 PM

pixlepix Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
Get lots and lots of te Marro Drones and at least two of the Marrden Hounds packs! The Hounds are one of my favorite units in the game, and they're definitelyworth it, IMHO.

(One of my Hounds managed to take out a full-health Major Q10 by itself during one of the recent NHSD tournaments. hey're fantastic.)
Key word: wave 3.

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)
Old November 3rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Each of the wave 3 packs have one decent unit and then some mediocre or not so good stuff:

Gorillas and Hounds: The hounds are decent, the gorillanators are lousy.
Kilts and Commandos: The microcorp are decent, the MacDirks are very mediocre.
Monks and Guards: The sentinels are decent, the monks are pretty bad.
Heroes: Alistair is good (with the knights), Concan and Johnny are mediocre, and Deathwalker 7000 and Saylind are pretty bad.

I'd say it just depends on what you already have. If you have knights the hero pack might be a good pick. The microcorp are alright but if you already have 4th mass and stingers they are kind of second-stringers. The sentinels can be good (especially in conjunction with 4th mass) but they aren't flashy. The marrden hounds are pretty fun.

Overall, though, waves 3 is the only wave that does not have any "must-have" units like all of the other waves do. Here are some must-haves from other waves, for the sake of comparison:

wave 1: marcus, legionnaires
wave 2: minions, knights, 4th mass, krug
wave 4: gladiatrons
wave 5: deathreavers, blastatrons
wave 6: heavy gruts, zombies, kaemon awa
wave 7: isamu, marcu, cyprien, sonya
wave 8: 10th regiment of foot
wave 9: the verdict is still out but probably atlaga and zetacron, and possibly the dwarves and migol

Wave 3 is pretty weak - only Alistair is A ranked on the power rankings, and there are lots of substitutes for him to use with the knights.
Old November 4th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Only two things to say.
1) Wave 9 ROCKS! As kenjib so accurately says, Wave 3 is OK.
2) Common units are intended to play in multiple versions. If you only have one of a common unit it is overcosted. The magic number seems to be 3.

So budget's an issue? Go buy more Glads/Natives. And personally I would go for the dwarves/repulsors next--but I would buy at least 2. Wave 3 never did it for me.

EDIT: WOA! I forgot the other wave 9 option was Kyrie/Marro. Oh, what to do, what to do!!!!
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Wave 9 is one of my favorite waves. I'd get a lot of it.

The Kilts and Commandos is a pretty neat pack of second string units. They're a little on the expensive side pointswise, but very cool abilities and synergy with some other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 5th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Wave three has some of my favorite units (theme over competitive value). Marrden Hounds and Monks are some of my favorite units to play in a game for fun.
Old November 5th, 2009, 11:10 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wave 3 you say? "BUY BUY BUY!"

But in all seriousness, If I were you, I'd get all I could carry of wave 3.

Consider yourself lucky you can get it period.

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion