Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old July 23rd, 2009, 12:25 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
'Scaper94's Customs

I have finally started creating my own obstacles. This is a fence I made using posicle sticks and wacky glue. I got the idea from Laupow. It is still a WIP, so tell me what you think of it so far. I don't know if I'll paint it or stain it.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old July 23rd, 2009, 12:35 PM

Bloodthorn is surprisingly tart
Re: 'Scaper94's Customs

Anything to stop Braxas from killing you with her poison breath is a great thing in my book! Nice job, as for painting or staining, I am of the painting camp. I think stains generally come out too dark. Keep up the good work!
Old July 23rd, 2009, 01:00 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Should I wash and/or dry brush it?

Old July 23rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Obviously, that's up to you. I think it would benefit from at least a coat of stain. Then, if you wanted to drybrush it, that would be your call (I suppose if you wanted to build a law firm next to it, that would be your call as well--it's your terrain).
Old July 23rd, 2009, 02:56 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Since you used popsicle sticks which are very soft you can easily weather the fence.

Get some aluminum foil and crumple it into a ball. Then rub it against the popsicle sticks. This will make some nice scratches in the wod which will hold the stain nicely.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:15 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Since you used popsicle sticks which are very soft you can easily weather the fence.

Get some aluminum foil and crumple it into a ball. Then rub it against the popsicle sticks. This will make some nice scratches in the wod which will hold the stain nicely.
I agree. It doesn't matter how you paint it, but if it is war scarred, it will look SOOO much better on the field. Especially if you plan on making more.
Old July 24th, 2009, 04:35 PM

Laupow Woo who?

Hey, I know who that "Laupow" guy is.

Anyway, great job with the fences. Just a word of advice that I figured out, don't use too dark of stain.

~The glass is neither half full, or half empty, it is just twice as big as it needs to be.~

Old September 11th, 2009, 11:28 PM

Here is the final product:

Hope you like it! More are on the way!

Old September 12th, 2009, 11:19 PM

Timemaster4 is surprisingly tart

You probably need to redo the paintjob. Use a darker, browner colour.

Save a Dragon; click my egg:
Old September 13th, 2009, 12:56 AM

Remice Woo who?

I think it looks fine what what you need it for.
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:33 AM

Actually, that is the second paint job. I took Ona's advice about using the aluminum, but that ruined the first paint job. It looks way better now that I redid it. I didn't even take pics of the first try.

Old September 17th, 2009, 12:36 AM

MoonBlade Woo who?

Dont be afraid to take it out side and put a little fire to it. And if anything that can create fire hits it it might light on fire. Say 7 or higher on a d-20 and every figure standing next to it at the end of the round rolls for fire damage? IDK I'm a noob just thinking out loud.

Signature, I dont need no stinking signature!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles