Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old July 11th, 2009, 11:28 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Magic:The Gathering

I just wanted to say that for the last couple of weeks I've been working with Coolstuffinc.com and their buy list system and it's been a great experience.

It's very difficult to unload an entire collection because most people don't want your commons and uncommons and junk rares. They want Fetch Lands, and other competitive cards.

Coolstuff will but lots of commons and uncommons at a decent price, and I've already sold several hundred dollars worth of cards to them. Their process is very organized and easy to manage. You can keep a running tally of what you want to sell tied to your account and you can add and remove cards as you like.

When you're ready to sell you send it off and if they approve the sell you mail them the cards and they cut you a check. They also offer a +15% to the sale price if you get store credit instead of cash allowing you to trade one addiction for another! They even let you split your return however you like, so if you sell $200 in cards, but only want $50 in credit, they'll split it for you.

My only complaint is that the buy list seems to fluctuate pretty frequently, so you have to strike while the iron is hot. I went through most of my collection without realizing this. I'd gotten 2/3's of the way through my collection and logged in one day to find a message "The following cards have been edited from your buy list!" Some of the cards I'd flagged were no longer in demand, and then new cards I'd passed up the first time had been added. I think this is because Coolstuff tries to keep a specific amount of inventory on hand. It's a minor nuisance and if your collection is pretty well organized then it's not too hard to just run back through your sets and find the newly approved cards.

Old July 15th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I bought a conflux booster pack at KC after a heroscape game, because I needed to spend over 5$ to use a debit card. I thought why not, I already play the game maybe I'll get something. I opened it up and found the card I had been looking for and was considering buying on ebay for 10.00.
Nicol Bolas Planeswalker!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:27 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Is anyone interested in some Onslaught fetchlands? I have Flooded Strand x 3, Wooded Foothills x 4 and Windswept Heath x 3.

Old July 16th, 2009, 05:43 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Well I actually played my first MTG game last night using my friend's brother's deck. I loved it and went to the store today and bought the Endless Siege deck and a couple boosters from that edition.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old July 31st, 2009, 04:36 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

I'm trading some of my cards for Heroscape: I have Goblins vs. Elves, Morningtide: Grn/Blk/Wht and Grn/Red, and Guildpact: Code of Orzhav.

PM me if you're interested.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker

I have a small-ish collection that I have been wanting to sell for a while now. It has just over 700 cards. I price-checked them all on blackborder.com, and the total came to around $140. The problem is, I have no idea to go about selling them. I'd really like to let them all go as a batch. Any tips?

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Old September 26th, 2009, 03:30 PM
has been BANNED

Eric_Cartman30 Woo who?

I have been playing magic for years and years and have an HUGE collection now. I always thought it would be cool if some the MTG Legends became heroscape pieces.
Old October 10th, 2009, 09:42 PM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Fooflesnort View Post
I have a small-ish collection that I have been wanting to sell for a while now. It has just over 700 cards. I price-checked them all on blackborder.com, and the total came to around $140. The problem is, I have no idea to go about selling them. I'd really like to let them all go as a batch. Any tips?
I've still got these, in case anyone's interested.

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Old October 11th, 2009, 08:43 PM

Clockwork_Knight is surprisingly tart

You can try the sale area of MOTL http://forums.magictraders.com but Blackboarder is bad palce to get prices for cards since they pad thier prices. ApthayHouse is much more accurate for that

Sit down, shut up and eat your damn Twinkie.

Trades done with- Filbey, MI_Tiger Hilo-scaper Mutt Lo,SuperflyTNT
Old October 23rd, 2009, 02:28 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Cartman30 View Post
I have been playing magic for years and years and have an HUGE collection now. I always thought it would be cool if some the MTG Legends became heroscape pieces.

I always thought that MTG would be a very cool source for Heroscape figure ideas. They are melding DnD, so why not MTG? It's all Wizards of the Coast afterall!

They make a TON of money off of MTG. It could only help both games.

There's some great artwork in MTG, some great concepts!
Old October 30th, 2009, 05:05 PM
has been BANNED

Eric_Cartman30 Woo who?

Exactly playa1 I have a large amomount of Legendy Creatures and some are just way too cool maybe I will make some customs based on the cards.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 12:13 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

I have not been playing magic for very long, and I don't know the more famous characters, but even a Chandra character or Jace would make awesome HS characters. Not to mention the new Zendikar races or the cat race (can't remember what they are called).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games