Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 15th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape School Club

That's super cool that you play heroscape with your class, what a excellent way to spend a whole lunch hour!

Immediately I thought if it would be possible for me to do it, but I started laughing soo hard, because most of the people at my school are like gangstas and would like kill you if they lost. . On the serious note though....Our lunch period is only 15 minutes long, and I need to eat, I think my stomach wins over herosape, it was a tough battle but I like living, more than gaming.

Thats the same problem with all my friends they don't have enough time to do it. I haven't even told anyone about scape lately, so far I know of one person who plays that game, and we haven't even played yet... You are very fortunate for a great gaming community.

Also there is a geek alert attached to teaching people scape, especially when explaining special attacks, and I fear for my social life.,

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old September 15th, 2009, 08:26 AM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Also there is a geek alert attached to teaching people scape, especially when explaining special attacks, and I fear for my social life.,
I'm with Scottishlad.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:58 PM
has been BANNED

Eric_Cartman30 Woo who?

This is really great. When I was in High School my friends and I just kinda sat around durring the lunch hour, there was not much to do. I wish we had heroscape back then LOL
Old September 29th, 2009, 06:13 PM

Lucas the beast is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

This is really cool that you got this started in your class it already seems like it is growing!

-Lucas
Old September 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM

Quintaton16 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishlad5 View Post
most of the people at my school are like gangstas and would like kill you if they lost. .
I think this is kind of funny. I go to an insanely nerdy school, and if I tried to introduce 'Scape I think most of the uninitiated would be more like "The rulebook is only 17 pages long??!? There's only one rulebook??!? The rules are so straightforward that you don't even need to look at the rulebook??!? Lame!!!! Give me Warhammer! Give me Magic: the Gathering! Give me Star Wars minis!" It's almost sad.

Oh,well. Good luck on the club. I wish you well

Old November 7th, 2009, 05:11 PM

Lerxst is surprisingly tart

Hi, Heroscapers. I wanted to give you an update of our Heroscape Lunch Bunch. We've grown to about ten pretty hardcore players, including me when I don't have duty. About 4-5 of those play every day, sometimes eating lunch while playing, sometimes skipping lunch altogether. Forget that, I'm at least going to eat!

We have three RotV sets, one SotM, a castle, and about 100 different characters. (I'm counting squads as one character, so we've probably close to 200 figures). We also have about 15 Mage Knight figures we haven't made cards for. One student has found on this site LotR custom cards for the minis and has purchased about 25 of those.

A couple weeks ago, five of the guys and I, on a teacher workday, played a round robin tourney, which took about four hours. They stayed for another two hours to play teams. Needless to say, it was pretty cut-throat.

Many on here have wondered how other student's react to us. Most are used to it by now. Many are intrigued but dare not enter the kingdom. Most games are pretty intense, and it's pretty funny to hear us yell, "All I roll is 20's!" or "All skulls, baby!" or my personal favorite, "NE GOK SA!" We even say the names of characters in a particular manner. The game has really taken on a life of its on, which is really nice. The principal even came in during lunch one day and said, "This looks too complicated. I'm leaving," and turned around and walked out.

Well, there you are. We're all waiting on Wave 10 so we can add to the number of playable characters! Until next time, "NE GOK SA!"

Lerxst
Old November 8th, 2009, 11:39 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am so asking my teachers to sponser a gaming/'Scape club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz View Post
That's awesome! I'd love to do that, except that I'm not quite ready to come that far out of the nerd-closet.
Who cares if people call you a nerd, embrace it, crack jokes about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishlad5 View Post
People already know I'm a nerd so, social life, yes; cool, mabe in a select group. Popular is a state of mind.

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:26 AM

Boodog knows what's in an order marker Boodog knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
Nope. I'm also the wrestling coach (English, wrestling, HS--big geek at heart), so nobody picks on them or me. They and I don't care anyway. We're having fun, and many kids have come by to watch what's going on. More HS.
... and judging by your avatar, you are a RUSH fan, too, so that probably earns you some cool points...
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:36 PM
has been BANNED

Sweet_Leaf Woo who?

I would love to start something like this at the local College here (New Mexico Highlands University) Since the person who originaly got me started in Heroscape moved a few years ago.
Old November 13th, 2009, 08:52 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok, I've got the ball rolling on the club and a couple people have suggested that I try to get it into the merged with chess club. I'll talk to the teacher that is running chess club. We'll see how it goes.

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:52 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

I let the kids in my fifth grade class who have earned enough behavior points come up to play at lunch. This week, Captain Canuck and I had the first meeting of our after school club. 9 boys came and stayed for about an hour and 45 minutes. They loved it and I have more kids planning on coming next week.

Here is the link to our thread.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 02:13 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
Just thought the HS fanatics would appreciate my molding the youth away from video games to a game with people whom you can actually befriend. Sorry for the long email and the new post.

Lerxst
Awesome! This is exactly why I play HS with my son-- when I watch him and others play video games, their faces go slack and the only signs of life are in their thumbs and fingers on the controllers.

When we play HS I can see him thinking, planning ahead. Not just reacting. Plus we talk and discuss the history behind some of the units-- for instance we had a short time out while we looked up information on ashigaru and ninjas. He was quite excited to discover that some of the characters we're playing with have a basis in reality! So cool. I love those "teachable moments".

So keep up the good work!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion