Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old June 22nd, 2017, 11:04 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Small Map Challenge

I have an idea for a challenge for you guys. Here is the basics of my motivation in the hopes that you will understand my desire.

My 9 year old son LOVES heroscape and tries to convince every friend that visits that it's the best game ever. He has a friend that seems to be very interested but since we are the only people with heroscape terrain in our circle my son wants to give away some terrain. He recently used his money to buy a good sized bundle that he found here with the intention of giving some of it away. Our idea is to give away a portion of a RotV set along with a few pieces of a fortress set, some custom Jungle bushes, and maybe a custom rock outcrop or two. However we want to create a map book with five or so unique maps that are fun to play with. If it goes over well he'll likely create another set for his other best friend.

Grass
24 hex x 4
7 hex x 3
3 hex x 2
2 hex x 2
1 hex x8

Rock
24 hex x1
7 hex x0
3 hex x1
2 hex x1
1 hex x3

sand
7 hex x1
3 hex x2
2 hex x2
1 hex x1

Water 8-10

Castle walls 4 (straight or corner)
Castle/road tiles 6
battlements 12
ladder 10

Jungle bushes x2-4

Single Spaced outcrops x2-4

Of course not every map needs to use all these pieces and if they use less all the better. If we can trim the donation list all the better.

Edit of course the are intended to be for super hero battles so larger 24 hex starting areas not needed. I'd say 600 point battles likely with 2-5 figures each.

Could be scenario based as well...maps specifically balanced for capture the flag, attack and defend, standard destroy your enemy, king of the hill...etc. I think scenarios allow for a different kind of balanced map so you don't have to be symmetrical.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; June 29th, 2017 at 11:42 PM.
Old June 30th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Small Map Challenge

Dude, you need to link to this. Totally missed it until now.

What is a single spaced outcrop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 30th, 2017, 05:06 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Not exactly what you are specifying but in the same spirit, check out my Quick Set-Up & Build Map Contest , including PDF with 19 maps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Map Restraints:
  • Made from no more than 4 total sets (any combination of master and terrain expansion, even 4 master sets).
  • Made from no more than 2 of any one set (allows for 2 ROTV & 2 FOTA unlike BOV)
  • Contains 36 pieces or less, as defined below...
Old June 30th, 2017, 05:40 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Dude, you need to link to this. Totally missed it until now.

What is a single spaced outcrop?
It's what we now call the Small Rock Outcrop. You know this thing that takes up a single space...

I made several custom ones a while back so I have a couple that I can spare for this project so that the maps aren't just flat spaces. I also made some Custom Jungle bushes that I'm going to donate to this cause as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 30th, 2017, 11:46 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Not exactly what you are specifying but in the same spirit, check out my Quick Set-Up & Build Map Contest , including PDF with 19 maps.
Quote:
Map Restraints:
  • Made from no more than 4 total sets (any combination of master and terrain expansion, even 4 master sets).
  • Made from no more than 2 of any one set (allows for 2 ROTV & 2 FOTA unlike BOV)
  • Contains 36 pieces or less, as defined below...
I actually have seen that thread a few times. That and the Scraps maps are what inspired me to try to make fun decently competitive maps. Someone once long ago posted about 1/2 RotV set maps but I can't seem to find that or remember where or who posted it.

Your thread is a great resource but I'd need to acquire a lot more 24 hex tiles to make it viable since most use at least a full RotV set of 24's.

Old July 1st, 2017, 09:10 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I love this idea! As someone who also tries to convince every friend that HeroScape is the best game ever, I definitely understand where your son's heart is. And his heart is quite awesome in buying some terrain and wanting to give some away to a friend who is interested in 'Scape!

So here are 5 maps I whipped together with the above criteria! I didn't name them or put them in .pdfs so feel free to name them yourself and put them into .pdfs yourself also! They're all yours.

NOTE: 7-hex Start Zones for each map. They are designed for standard deathmatch, capture the flag, and king of the hill. The Glyphs of Brandar's are the flags. The hill's are the pink zones. Rules for King of the Hill:

The first hill is always Hill #1. From there, after each round, roll the 20-sided die (each Hill has a range on the D20). Whatever range the D20 lands in, that's the new hill (can't be back-to-back rounds with the same hill). Scoring goes by figures on the hill - 1 Victory Point per figure. First player to a certain amount of victory points wins.

Both King of the Hill and Capture the Flag, figures respawn in their SZ at the beginning of each round.

Map 1

Spoiler Alert!

Map 2

Spoiler Alert!

Map 3

Spoiler Alert!

Map 4 - Illegally placed bushes but I'm sure that's of little concern

Spoiler Alert!

Map 5

Spoiler Alert!

I will clean up the maps later (the last one I forgot SZs - back row on each end, and the King of the Hill pictures in the spoilers for the 4th and last one I forgot the pink). For now I hope they look enjoyable to play on. I made them with the Official Marvel figures in mind since those ones are the ones I know best, but I used to play some online C3G so I had a little bit of a feel for what I could do with these maps compared to Classic maps.

I was unsure about the C3G glyphs and how they can affect gameplay but I threw in 2 random power glyphs to each map. Feel free to keep them or remove them to best suit your needs.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 01:39 AM
A Man of Taste

Wow great work. I like the alternating hill idea for king of the hill. I hadn't heard that before.

Old July 2nd, 2017, 08:53 AM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Wow great work. I like the alternating hill idea for king of the hill. I hadn't heard that before.
Most video games that I've played, like Call of Duty, use alternating hills. I like using that method for HeroScape also. I was thinking for scoring you could do something like if you're the only player with at least one figure on the hill you get double Victory Points per figure (so 1 figure counts as 2 VP, 2 as 4, etc.).

Didn't mention this above, but you can probably tell: Each map pretty much uses the maximum of tiles you listed. Map 4 (my personal favorite) uses all of the tiles listed.

Last edited by Sheep; July 2nd, 2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old September 20th, 2017, 04:04 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Once I get my testing area set back up again, I may give a few of these maps a run. I've been using more quick, small tests lately so a smaller board could fit right in.
Old September 25th, 2017, 12:04 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I love this idea! As someone who also tries to convince every friend that HeroScape is the best game ever, I definitely understand where your son's heart is. And his heart is quite awesome in buying some terrain and wanting to give some away to a friend who is interested in 'Scape!

So here are 5 maps I whipped together with the above criteria! I didn't name them or put them in .pdfs so feel free to name them yourself and put them into .pdfs yourself also! They're all yours.

NOTE: 7-hex Start Zones for each map. They are designed for standard deathmatch, capture the flag, and king of the hill. The Glyphs of Brandar's are the flags. The hill's are the pink zones. Rules for King of the Hill:

The first hill is always Hill #1. From there, after each round, roll the 20-sided die (each Hill has a range on the D20). Whatever range the D20 lands in, that's the new hill (can't be back-to-back rounds with the same hill). Scoring goes by figures on the hill - 1 Victory Point per figure. First player to a certain amount of victory points wins.

Both King of the Hill and Capture the Flag, figures respawn in their SZ at the beginning of each round.

Map 1

Spoiler Alert!

Map 2

Spoiler Alert!

Map 3

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Map 5

Spoiler Alert!

I will clean up the maps later (the last one I forgot SZs - back row on each end, and the King of the Hill pictures in the spoilers for the 4th and last one I forgot the pink). For now I hope they look enjoyable to play on. I made them with the Official Marvel figures in mind since those ones are the ones I know best, but I used to play some online C3G so I had a little bit of a feel for what I could do with these maps compared to Classic maps.

I was unsure about the C3G glyphs and how they can affect gameplay but I threw in 2 random power glyphs to each map. Feel free to keep them or remove them to best suit your needs.

His friends birthday is coming up so I've been digging through these more and I have to say...these are really good. We are getting ready to set up a couple of them and play some quick games this week. Thanks again.

Old September 25th, 2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Spoiler Alert!

His friends birthday is coming up so I've been digging through these more and I have to say...these are really good. We are getting ready to set up a couple of them and play some quick games this week. Thanks again.
Thank you. When my cousin and I played a CTF game on Map 4, we noticed with some of the extreme movement powers of superheroes that it was easy just to leave engagement and capture the flag. To prevent this, we said leaving engagement was a defenseless attack of the engaged figures attack value. On some of the smaller maps, you could even say that you can't leave engagement.

Glad you like them!
Old November 3rd, 2017, 02:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post

Map 1

Spoiler Alert!

Map 2

Spoiler Alert!

Map 3

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Map 5

Spoiler Alert!

I suddenly can't see any of the maps here. Is it something on my end, the HS website, or did you pull them?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios