Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old May 2nd, 2016, 11:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Yellowstone Throwdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Is there a PDF version of this map?
Not until it's gone through testing. The PDF is like the card for Figures.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 12:47 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Is there a PDF version of this map?
Not until it's gone through testing. The PDF is like the card for Figures.
Yup, the VS file is easy to build from should you want to run a test for us Tiranx and let us know what you think of the map. If you don't have Virtualscape already downloaded, it is somewhere around here on this site and easy to install.
Old May 16th, 2016, 07:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

No one from the map group wants to give this one a spin?
Old May 16th, 2016, 09:14 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Sadly I can't. Requirements are too high for me. I only have one of both sets.
Old June 16th, 2016, 10:16 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Yellowstone Throwdown Map

Overall Look: It looks neat. Lots of line of sight blockers, and all of the rocks and trees, along with the water, give a nice thematic aesthetic.

Stability: It holds together quite well. It's not a brick, but things stay together and can be slid around as 1 piece.

Build difficulty: I'd say it's relatively easy to put together. There's not a whole lot of layers to it, being 3 at max it appears. The VS file was easy to follow for the most part.

Size: It's medium-large. It doesn't take up too much space, so I'd say it's pretty average.

Unit types positively affected: I'd say water units, those who benefit from shadow, and those who benefit from having trees around are definitely going to play well on this map.

Unit types negatively affected: Those who require clear sight for turn activations may have a slight difficulty, but not much.

Key areas on the Map: The roads on the side are tempting to get to the fight quicker. The battle seems to want to center around the height near the water in the middle.

Areas not used much or at all: None, the map seems pretty well rounded, and with a lot of destructible objects, it helps close off the openness of it.

Game 1
Map: Yellowstone Throwdown Map
Units:
Chun-Li(140), Invisible Woman(215), Star-Lord(250) (605)
vs.
Wrecker(230), Piledriver(190), Bulldozer(190) (610)
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Units:
Chun-Li(140), Dum Dum Dugan(90), Cecil Stedman(180), Gorilla-Man(160) (570)
vs.
Hush(220), Killer Croc(200), Wizard(140) (560)
Spoiler Alert!

Final Thoughts: Overall, it plays quite well. Feels really balanced, and it flows nicely from start to finish. I don't feel there's any problematic areas, and I find that each area could host a battle and go smoothly. Looks good, plays well, no complaints here.
Old June 17th, 2016, 01:38 AM
C3G Landlord

Awesome, so happy to see someone trying it out and having a good time with it. I tried to rep you but couldn't so someone else from the map department should hit him up with some love for me.
Old June 17th, 2016, 09:22 PM

Gutudak knows what's in an order marker Gutudak knows what's in an order marker

Yellowstone Throwdown Map

Overall Look: I think it looks pretty rad. I like the inclusion of shadow tiles and rocks, it's not something you see quite often. Lots of trees to break line of sight. Nice inclusion of water and elevation.

Stability: Pretty solid. You can almost move it all in one piece.

Build difficulty: N/A (refer to Arkham as he built it)

Size: Good size for moderate sized teams.

Unit types positively affected: Helps water units, but there is height next to the water to keep them at bay as per usual. The shadow tiles definitely help characters like Batman.

Unit types negatively affected: Anyone who heavily relies on line of sight. Characters that have low movement, as there's a lot of elevation everywhere.

Key areas on the Map: Fights tend to gravitate towards the center. It's easy to step up and get height on somebody.

Areas not used much or at all: Didn't really use the road, but I can see it being used.

Game 1
Units:
Man-Bat(170), Frankenstein(320), Ursa Major(320) (810)
vs.
Wrecking Crew(800)
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2
Units:
Man-Bat(170), Frankenstein(320), Mr. Hyde(260) (750)
vs.
Hush(220), Killer Croc(200), Black Tarantula(300) (750)
Spoiler Alert!

Final Thoughts: Nice size. Nice for playtesting as it fits on a table and can be moved around easy. It'd be a good base to build off of if you decided to expand to 3-4 players. Overall it is aesthetically pleasing.
Old June 18th, 2016, 12:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks! I'll link your tests now. Interesting to see how well the Wrecking Crew has performed on this map as they are ground pounders for the most part.
Old February 24th, 2017, 08:45 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I played a couple of games on this map here:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=169

I really liked it with one possible exception: ground pounders with no range are at a bit of a disadvantage with all the water and rocks in the middle with no easy way to get around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 25th, 2017, 12:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks! If you think you can throw those results in to an official map PT report I'll wait on it. If not, I'll just link those games as is.

Ground pounders certainly have the most to be concerned about if they are facing down ranged fliers as they could try to bounce back and forth across the water and never stay put long enough to catch up to. I know it was one of my initial concerns with the map but after having played several games on it it never really seemed to take place. I found most of my armies started out with a mixture of ranged and non-ranged units, and/or a mixture of units with and without any special movement powers, then a final unbalanced showdown never materialized. I'm sure it could happen but that could happen on lots of maps, particularly any that use the castle set. The road tiles along the edges are there in part to help the ground pounders out by giving them an avenue to quickly engage opponent in or near their start zone. You just have to lead your attack with the ground pounders in your army rather than hold them in reserve, which is good advise in most games.

All in all I am personally not overly concerned about those units, just don't draft an army with all ground pounders and nothing else and you should be fine. If other members of the map department are still concerned though we can talk about maybe adding a couple of boomtube glyphs to the map. Perhaps on the hex adj. to the large tree, a water tile, and two road tiles?
Old February 26th, 2017, 08:30 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

i think if the 2 3-space mountains/outcrops were to be rotated around to have 2 sides adjoining the single water space. This will allow 2 paths around them for ground pounders & should help a bit.
Old February 27th, 2017, 02:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Looking at the VS file now and rotating the 3 hex outcrops is easier said then done as they are locked into place by the location of some 7 hex tiles on level 2. However, I can easily create a secondary path around them by rearranging the tiles on level 3.

This is what I came up with but other configurations are also possible.

Yellowstone 2

Everyone should feel free to play around with the VS file themselves to see if they can find something they like better.

Last edited by quozl; March 5th, 2017 at 07:27 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios