Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old April 21st, 2016, 02:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
The Book of Yellowstone Throwdown - On Hold

The Book of Yellowstone Throwdown

A C3G Competitive Map

Download the PDF - VS file

Required Sets: Battle for the Underdark Master Set x2,
Road to the Forgotten Forest Expansion Set x2

Map Bio:

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by tcglkn; April 21st, 2022 at 08:48 AM.
Old April 21st, 2016, 03:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Yellowstone National Park

This is what I was going for with this map, that's an actual picture from one small section of Yellowstone that I visited a few years back. The grey dungeon tiles represent the sulfur and calcium covered landscape while the road tiles are the park constructed pathways used for the tourist foot traffic. The water is the hot springs themselves but I never played with any special rules. I figured they were hot but not so hot as to wound any of our heroes since I was trying to encourage the use of water based units rather then discourage them, plus superheroes are pretty tough.

Is everyone okay with the map name as is, or do you want a more generic Hot Sulfur Springs or something? I'll work on a bio once we have agreed on a name, a real place location or a generic could be anywhere name.
Old April 21st, 2016, 06:32 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was thinking more Jellystone Park...hey Boo, Boo. It looks like a solid map though. I only have one BftU set of terrain but I did make some trees recently so I may be able to proxy something resembling this.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 21st, 2016, 06:58 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yellowstone is fine. If be super curious about what villainous plot has made it into a battle ground!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 21st, 2016, 10:36 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Like the map. My concern here is how it fairs with ground pounders as opposed to the flyers, swingers, leapers & swimmers.
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:53 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Yellowstone is fine. If be super curious about what villainous plot has made it into a battle ground!
Actually this made me think about the difference of us having a map dept as opposed to what the BOV do.

Our 1. goal of this group is "To have a collection of archetypal maps that are designed for competition, fun, and/or casual game play with Super Heroes, and each map should have a Super Hero theme."

How does Yellowstone fit this?
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:58 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Actually this made me think about the difference of us having a map dept as opposed to what the BOV do.

Our 1. goal of this group is "To have a collection of archetypal maps that are designed for competition, fun, and/or casual game play with Super Heroes, and each map should have a Super Hero theme."

How does Yellowstone fit this?
A super villain is trying to trigger an eruption in the park. And the heroes have to stop it.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:09 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Not impossible to write a "superheroes go to Yellowstone" situation, but it's definitely not archetypal or iconic as a spot for super-throwdowns. I'd err on the generic side for the name.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 07:47 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Guardians of Yellowstone

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 22nd, 2016, 09:00 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm fine with the Yellowstone name, but not with the full title - I mean, the entire park isn't represented on this map alone. "Yellowstone Throwdown" or something, that suggests a small venue within that setting, would be better.

Wolverine spends like 6 months out of the year fighting dudes in the woods, so I'm fine with it being superheroic.

Map looks fine but we'd have to see how it plays naturally.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Lobo, one of nature’s most zealous defenders.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 10:05 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks good to me, and I do agree with johnny, I would go with a name that would represents something smaller.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios