Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 18th, 2015, 10:10 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of City Park - Design Phase

This passes to playtesting.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old June 18th, 2015, 05:31 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of City Park - Playtesting Phase

PDF file doesn't want to load for me.
Old June 18th, 2015, 05:56 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
That's because there isn't a PDF for it yet, I only left it in the OP to make it easier on the Art guys when it's in final editing.

My SuperScape Maps
Old June 19th, 2015, 03:55 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
That's because there isn't a PDF for it yet, I only left it in the OP to make it easier on the Art guys when it's in final editing.
And I thank you for it.
Old June 20th, 2015, 11:40 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST MAP: City Park Map

Overall Look:
I dig the way the map looks, and I think it captures the theme of a park really well. I also enjoy the use of road, water, and trees so close together. It will make the map a nice addition for a lot of figures.

Stability:
The map is quite solid. No issues at all.

Build difficulty:
It was a little confusing and time consuming, but no more than usual. No concerns.

Size:
The size is Small/Medium. You engage the enemy quickly, which is nice, and things feel open, yet close. A nice balance.

Unit types positively affected:
Any figure that benefits from trees, water, asphalt, or road.

Unit types negatively affected:
Nobody feels at a disadvantage on this map. the only spot that could be abusable is the middle of the fountain, because it is raised, will give ranged fighters a height advantage against only melee characters, but this is not a big concern. It's nice that it is a water space.

Key areas on the Map:
The fountain, and the road going from the sides of the bases to the other, and down the middle.

Areas not used much or at all:
The side water areas, and the road that goes towards it was seldom used.

Game 1:
Units:
Hourman, Liberty Belle, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Bane (1000)
vs.
Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2:
Units:
Hourman, Liberty Belle, Invisible Woman, Darkseid (955)
vs.
Magneto, Destiny, Gorgon, Venom (960)
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3:
Units:
Mera, Aquaman I, Tempest, Hydro-Man, Oracle (940)
vs.
Gamora, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Bane (950)
Spoiler Alert!

Game 4:
Units:
Mera, Aquaman I, Hydro-man, Tiger Shark, Oracle (970)
vs.
Magneto, Destiny, Gorgon, Venom (960)
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD MAP PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE MAP TESTED (City Park)

- OVERALL LOOK/THEME TEST/ Let us know if the map’s theme comes across effectively or not, how visually appealing it is or is not to you, etc.
Pass, love how it looks! The theme really comes across well and it is visually stimulating.
- STABILITYTEST/Any issues you find with the map’s ability to hold together during game play and/or the feasibility to moving the map around from table to floor or from car to event.
Pass, no issues.
- BUILD DIFFICUTLY/ Was it hard to follow the directions or figure out where pieces go?
No issues.
- SIZE IMPACT/ How big is the map when fully assembled in comparison to other maps you enjoy playing on? Does the map’s size have any negative or positive ramifications?
Small, center of the board is quickly claimed and becomes the focal point.
- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the map was fun to play on.
Pass
- COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the map would best be a competitive, casual, or scenario based map (more than one option can be listed). Please explain why you feel that way.
Not sure how competitive it was in my games. The 3 single hexes of ultimate high ground were quickly taken by one team in each of my games and then that team generally won as a result. The road tiles leading directly from one start zone to the other start zone while also giving the attacking figure high ground on the opponents start zone seemed like a significant competitive advantage to whichever team was best able to take advantage of them.
- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the map offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
No? Strategy seemed to be the same every time, take the high ground in the center of the board, run up and down the road tiles.
-Unit types positively affected:
Units that make good use of water tiles, any figure that can move from the start zone directly onto one of the 3 single hex high ground tiles, units that benefit from road tiles, units that can use the trees effectively.
-Unit types negatively affected:
Slower moving units, single activation units.
-Key areas on the Map:
Fountain in the center of the board and the road tiles surrounding it. Road tiles connecting each Start Zone to the center of the board. Used the grassy hills close to the other key sections a few times too.
-Areas not used much or at all:
Didn’t use the duck ponds at all until the last game when I had a bunch of figures with water based powers, but even then I only moved there once. The road tiles running off to the sides were not used at all.
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Not sure, was testing a new figure at the same time and I think a combination of the new figures powers and the map selection lead to too big wins. Hard to determine how much of the win was attributable to the map and how much to the new figure.
Units: ****** ****** 175, Black Cat 135, Living Laser 190, Wizard 140, Gambit 210, Rhino 220, Mocking Bird 130 (1200) vs. Red Skull 220, Hydra Agents x3 240, Madam Hydra 140, Baron Von Strucker 210, Baron Zemo 200, Joker 190 (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

- Does it pass, Yes or No? Not sure, was testing a new figure at the same time and I think a combination of the new figures powers and the map selection lead to too big wins. Hard to determine how much of the win was attributable to the map and how much to the new figure.
Units: ****** ****** 175, Hydro-Man 190, King Shark 220, Electro 135, Killer Croc 200, SHIELD Agents x3 330 (1250) vs. Poison Ivy 165, Floronic Man 135, Sub-Mariner 250, Abe Sapien 150, Aquaman 330, Flash 220 (1250)
Spoiler Alert!

FINAL THOUGHTS - If the desire is to make this a water friendly map, the two duck pnds are too far out of the way to be useful. I noticed that Hydro-Man (Water Tunneling – same level), Abe Sapien (Submerged), Killer Croc (Swamp Creature – same level), Aquaman II (Submerged) all have water tile based powers that let move 5 spaces away to anther water tile but the duck ponds were too far away from the fountain to use them. Namor has a water based power that reaches out 8 spaces that I tried to use, but it required clear sight and a tree is sitting right in front of the forward most water space in the duck pond blocking off LOS to the fountain, the pond was also so far away that the 8 range only covered part of the fountain area. I think the map would be better if the duck ponds were moved up such that the forward most water tile was only 5 spaces away from the fountain edge. Then the water based powers could be used to pop back and forth between the 3 different pools of water on the board.
I’m not generally against the idea of having start zones lower than the rest of the board, but when combined with the road tiles connecting the two start zones together it seems to have led to an increased number of high ground attacks on figures still in their start zone.
It may have just been bad dice rolls, but in my games whoever grabbed the three single hexes of high ground never gave them up and their team generally dominated the board as a result. I think dropping them down to even level with the surrounding hexes would make the board more competitive and less about a race to grab those spots.
Old June 7th, 2016, 02:33 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Used this map for a couple of the army test for my ongoing initial. I liked it. It did tend to always bottle up at the center. Once I get the write-ups done I'll post them up. I may do all the initial on this map so I should have some valuable info for this. Although I do like YK's idea of moving the duck ponds a little so water units could bounce around. It could make more of the map usable. Although a glyph in a couple of those low lying areas at the sides could work as well. Give up height to get on a Glyph but if the center is taken it gives you the option of a second objective.

Regardless it's going on my list of maps to use for campaign/scenarios. It's perfect for a couple of my WIPs.

For reference...the area I meant for the Duck Ponds would be to just slide them over to the location of the tree just to the left of the lower pond. Then that tree could be bumped over 2 spaces next to the road.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 13th, 2018, 11:18 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Coming back to this, after reading through the playtests again and some thought, I came up with a couple options:

Current:

Option 1: Duck pond moved closer to center and made bigger, one of the trees moved (old change idea, so I can't remember all of the changes).

Option 2: Duck pond moved slightly, road next to pond raised, and height next to pond moved and raise to create new highest height exactly 8 spaces away from both teams.

I was looking at trying create a new map for Ericth, but thought it best to finish this one first.

My SuperScape Maps
Old August 13th, 2018, 11:37 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the pond locations for option 1. Having all the water within 5 space links allow for more water based figures to be playable.

Aquaman II...
SUBMERGE 11
If Aquaman is attacked while on a water space, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, Aquaman takes no damage and you may place him on any unoccupied water space within 5 spaces of Aquaman that is no more than 3 levels above or below Aquaman's base. If Aquaman is placed adjacent to the attacking figure, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure. When Aquaman moves with Submerge, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

And Hydro-Man
WATER TUNNEL
If Hydro-Man ends his normal movement on a water space, you may immediately place him on any empty same-level water space within 5 spaces. When Hydro-Man starts to Water Tunnel, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 13th, 2018, 12:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It's great to see some activity here, we haven't added a new map in quite some time. I like trying to put water tiles 5 hexes apart for just that reason so the larger duck ponds appeal to me as well. I seem to recall being concerned about how easy it was to quickly have high ground on the opponent start zone due to the road tiles running straight across the board. I'd consider taking out the straight line of 5 road hexes leading to the middle of each start zone. The road hexes running off to the corners are fine IMO.
Old August 13th, 2018, 01:50 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Okay, option 1 pond change look like what I'll go with. What do people think on moving the two-hex next to the duck ponds next to the road and adding a one-hex on top to make it the highest height similar to option 2?

My SuperScape Maps
Old August 13th, 2018, 02:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Having the highest ground tiles not in the middle seems like a good idea.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library