Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 1st, 2011, 01:38 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Competitive C3G Map In Progress: Swamp Lab

I just connect all the ladders together and add them on after I finish building the map. I have no problem with the ladders simply hanging off the top - actually I prefer it as the ladders are easily to put on and remove. If there is any way to change the map so that they do not hang off the sides without changing the map's actual layout, fine, but I don't want to way the map actually plays to be changed based purely on a minor personal preference.

I don't have a vote here though, so ultimately it's up to you guys. Just thought I'd voice my opinion.

EDIT: The location of the ladders means that the corner sections would have to not connect to the rest of the wall in order to connect to the ladders.
Old January 1st, 2011, 09:39 AM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I think I see now. You are saying that if the ladder is not snapped into the wall on each rung then it is less user friendly than it could be if we used corner walls there instead. Correct?

Well we do that a lot around here honestly, as it is legal (a ladder must sit flush on a non-water hex and its top rung must be connected to the side of a hex), but we usually do it out of convenience or necessity with a demanding map. Do we have two corner walls to spare on this map, or could we move some wall around perhaps so that we can get some corner pieces here?
Yep. Also there are 10 corner pieces in the set. This map only uses 3. But switching out the pieces with corner does this.
Spoiler Alert!

You could trun them around so that they faced the front like the ladder did. But it would not be attached to anything. I think for this reason the ladders should stay the same.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old January 1st, 2011, 11:26 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

That is not an attractive option at all, and I don't think it is legal either. I think it is time to move on with the LD's design without that change.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:26 AM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
That is not an attractive option at all, and I don't think it is legal either. I think it is time to move on with the LD's design without that change.
Sounds good. I don't have internet connection til I don't know when. I am on my freinds computer right now. I have the sheet done on a note pad waiting to be put on the form.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:34 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Right now playtesting on maps is very informal. Just post what you have as there is no format for it currently.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Swamp Lab army tests (Snore Alert, pretty wordy):

TEST 1
TEAM GRAAARRRH! (Hulk, Solomon Grundy, Swamp Thing) 895
VS.
SINESTRO CORPS (Sinestro, Arkillo, Soldier x 2) 870

Spoiler Alert!

Game 2:
VIGILANTES! OMG! (Punisher, Daredevil, Batman, Terry) 710
VS.
CRIMINALS! CRIKEY! (Thugs x 3, Black Mask, Ridler, Penguin, Two Face) 725
Spoiler Alert!

Game 3:
TEAM AMERICA: Captain America, SHIELD AGENTS x4 (660)
VS.
TEAM INSANITY: Joker, Harley Quinn, Deadpool, Bob (630)
Spoiler Alert!

I assume it's okay to just post this? Anyway, I had a lot of fun on this map (especially cuz I was trying out a lot of wave 4 figs!), however, I am concerned it favors ranged flyers a bit too much and I think there's an easy fix: remove one or two battlements from the "side walls" of the lab, making it easier for walkers to get into the lab (and gain some height).

As it is, walkers almost have to enter by the roadway, and by the time they do that they might as well run down the road and try to get the enemy's start zone (which is good too). Just my minor 2 cents, all in all I think it's a great map and very aesthetically pleasing! Double win!

Quozl! Everybody should rep him, he does a lot for this group (IMHO) with his fun, practical, easy-build maps!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:04 PM

Great job, great feedback, and great suggestion. I agree, some of the battlements should come off of the sides.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 10:14 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks, Margloth!

A couple of questions:

Did you use the glyphs on the map?

Did you ever climb over the battlements?

Thanks again for running those tests!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:24 AM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Thanks, Margloth!

A couple of questions:

Did you use the glyphs on the map?

Did you ever climb over the battlements?

Thanks again for running those tests!
Answers: Honestly, no, I didn't use the glyphs, cuz I forgot to download them, but I tried to consider them while playing. The glyphs add an element, but I don't know that they change the map much. The Superspeed glyph could make the map a little easier for non-flyers, but given its location I found it was often more tempting to just use the road bonus (although grabbing it could have helped with the battlements). The other glyph in the back seemed a little out of the way (honestly none of my playing ever really used that area of the map, probably because I never really had flyers v. flyers). In my experience, there's just a lot more incentive for players to either a) grab the height of the "outer wall" and try to snipe, or b) take off down the road and try to bomb the other start zone. One of the things I loved about this map is that even though it's pretty long, it doesn't feel long because the road really picks up the pace.

Also, I actually climbed over battlements several times. I don't think the map is broken with them, I just think it could be better with one gone near each startzone. I wish I had pictures, but non-flyers kinda have a big disadvantage in the start zone, as they first (often) have to step down into the swamp water at the end of the start zone, which often leaves them with not enough move to climb over a battlement. I personally think freeing up one battlement would allow for more fluid movement without making the "lab" too accessible.

Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll take out a few battlements and see how that plays.

In my playing, the superspeed glyph did help non-flyers a lot and the time bomb glyph really scared those on top of the castle walls. So I think the glyphs are pretty important.

Your swamp water comment confuses me though. There isn't any swamp water between the startzones and the battlements. There's just swamp water in front of the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; January 3rd, 2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 02:25 PM

Well... maybe I built it a little wrong... I have a hard time on VirtualScape distinguishing swamp hexes from single sand hexes... it's possible I placed one instead of the other.

In that case things would be easier, and I agree the Superspeed glyph would help... it's just a question of whether or not you want to allow your opponent to grab height while you scramble for it. In my playing it often seemed more beneficial to just take the road.

Seems now my playtests may have been somewhat flawed. Sorry about that!

Old January 3rd, 2011, 02:30 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I have a hard time on VirtualScape distinguishing swamp hexes from single sand hexes... it's possible I placed one instead of the other.
I've done that before as well so don't feel bad.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library