Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 17th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Competitive C3G Map In Progress: Swamp Lab

Taking A3n's post into consideration, I propose that we finalize the map design and proceed into final editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 17th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Yea.

Old December 17th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Taking A3n's post into consideration, I propose that we finalize the map design and proceed into final editing.
Didn't you just propose that create Final Editing? Nay. We need to discuss A3n's concerns and our standards, and there is NO rush to hurry and finalize this or any map. Or is there?
Old December 17th, 2010, 12:05 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I did. I thought it was reasonable. However, I'd like to hear your concerns in the C3G Map Discussion thread.

Quote:
Old December 17th, 2010, 02:32 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Somebody likes crackers and Mountain Dew.
The crackers are for the kids, it kept them out of Daddy's scape project, and the Dew is for me, how do you guys think I can knock out so many playtests in one day? I managed to keep the Mt. Dew I.V. out of the picture though

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I don't believe there are any battlements between the road and the sand 7-hex pieces.
Well they were marked there on the build instructions I got from quozl's link. I'm not at a comp that can open VS files right now so I can't double check it.
The pics look very cool!

The battlements are supposed to be open at the road hexes and at the glyph in the front. Also, there's supposed to be supposed to be 2 1-hex pieces on the castle top at the back.

Thanks for building it and taking pics! How do you like it?
Sorry, I forgot to add those last two pieces somehow. I knew they were supposed to be there but somehow forgot. As for the battlements, I thought I had them all in the right spots but I was working with black and white build instructions, so I may have thought that a line seperating the tiles was a battlement. As for the Glyphs, my 4 year old had goten into my Scape and all my Glyphs are currently MIA, though I've covered a little over half the house, so I should be able to find them soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
When I built it the only asymmetric pieces were the grass and sand two-hex pieces in the startzone. Hidicul seems to have replaced the grass one with swamp, and substituted grass spaces for swamp spaces in some situations.

I don't think there is any way to change the startzone pieces without changing the actual layout of the map.

EDIT: Also, Quozl, do you think you could link the PDF to the first post?
With the black and white copy I transposed a swamp and grass 2 hex piece by mistake. I noticed it when I saw the VS picture while I was posting the pics up. Thankfully that's just a cosmetic mistake. As for the map being symetrical, I don't really see a problem with it. We are working with a lab that has been clamed by Nature. Since that is what is happening here, Nature rarely reclaims ruins in a symetrical way. I don't think the map needs to be changed, and if it is changed, I think the only way to make it work is to add another set. Right now it is a pretty simple build, as long as you don't move it. When I started moving it, so my wife could have her table back, the back wall and water section came lose very easily and rather quickly.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I had to use a grass 3-hex piece because some how I'm missing a swamp 3-hex so I had to proxy that one in there. I really need another SoftM set now
Old December 31st, 2010, 06:15 PM

Now that we have our new map process finalized, where are we at on this?

Does AYP's games on this map count as the required playtests?

Quote:
Old December 31st, 2010, 06:44 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I will post this in the playtesting thread in hopes of getting you the additional tests you need.
Old December 31st, 2010, 06:45 PM

Also keep this in mind:
  • Competitive Map Design: 2 Playtesters are required. Each playtester should build the map then complete three army tests and give feedback. Playtested Competitive Map Designs must be approved by a majority C3G Map Maker vote to move to the Final Editing Phase.
Old December 31st, 2010, 11:13 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Finished setting up this map.Here are some Pictures
Spoiler Alert!
The Problem is the ladder on the front of Picture 3 are not attached to anything.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old December 31st, 2010, 11:27 PM

Are you talking about the points at the top of this pic?

If so, you should know that is common, commonly accepted, and even done "legally" in the Castle Rule Book.
Old January 1st, 2011, 12:09 AM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Are you talking about the points at the top of this pic?

If so, you should know that is common, commonly accepted, and even done "legally" in the Castle Rule Book.
It's not the fact that it is not legal. It's that Switching them with the corner pieces saves alot of time while playing. You don't have to keep fixing the ladder every time you take some one off of it. It's nothing that really makes or breaks the map. So far I like the way this way map plays.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old January 1st, 2011, 12:54 AM

I think I see now. You are saying that if the ladder is not snapped into the wall on each rung then it is less user friendly than it could be if we used corner walls there instead. Correct?

Well we do that a lot around here honestly, as it is legal (a ladder must sit flush on a non-water hex and its top rung must be connected to the side of a hex), but we usually do it out of convenience or necessity with a demanding map. Do we have two corner walls to spare on this map, or could we move some wall around perhaps so that we can get some corner pieces here?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library