Red Wyrmling 16 40.00%
Black Wyrmling 11 27.50%
Blue Wyrmling 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:40 PM
p-o'd exaderater

LeviofDoom is surprisingly tart
best wyrmling?

who do you guys think is the best wyrmling? im leaning more towards white, but red could be very useful too...

My 2011 tourney record: 7-7
My 2010 tourney record: 7-9
Old August 23rd, 2010, 07:26 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker
Re: best wyrmling?

Im going with black or red. I voted red but they are pretty close to me. Defense is big in this game and both have great attacks to totally ignore/nerf it. I'de say red is better on low defense squads and black on high defense/Raelin units. I like all 4 though, and can't wait to play all of them.

Coolest ability goes to blue, hands down.

Dustin

Let freedom ring with the shotgun blast
Old August 23rd, 2010, 07:58 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I voted red, just because of them all, he seems to be the one "guaranteed" a kill. Highest special attack, plus -2 defense against squads. Sure, it's only 1 attack, as opposed to the 2 attacks offered by White & Blue, but attacks of 2 seem dicey (pun intended) to me.

Ultimately, the one attack per OM might have been more of an issue if it weren't for Wyrmling bonding. Two almost guaranteed kills (against squads) for 60 points ain't bad.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:02 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

I think White are the Best. The difference between 4 Defense and 3 Defense is huge. I could see a Huge White army do well but doubt a Huge Black or Red army would be that effective.

Black and Red are good but mainly as niche pieces to help an army whereas White and Maybe Blue can be a core themselves.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:36 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I don't see Whites utility at all. A possible two attacks of two isn't enough offensive output and its normal attack isn't better either. It has the 4 defense, but I can easily use Raelin with the others to make up for it. The Black has the best chance to wound heroes albeit they have to be small of medium and a 50% chance to kill a sqaddie. The Red has about a 75% chance to kill a common squaddie. The Blue has a slightly more effective version of the Whites special and a higher normal attack. I have to say Red or Black as the best depending on what your playing against.

@Devil's Advocate
I don't see why you'd want to form an army around these guys. They seem to fit better as 60-105 points of counter for something the bulk of your army will suffer against than a unit you would want to mass. Even when I have played a massive Wyrmling army you're better off taking a mixture than massing one kind for the toolbox effect.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:56 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Wyrmlings-who's your favorite?

Of course this thread could be considered different than the above simply because of the "best wyrmling" vs "favorite wyrmling" poll question.

Whatever.

I'll vote red.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:19 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

I think a 10x or 12x or whatever White Wyrmiling army is interesting. You can be getting 4 special attacks per turn and with Raelin each will be rolling 6 Defense. The army would play a little like 4th Mass where you just try to overwhelm with tons of attacks. Yeah they lose WTF but you gain better defense (6 each if boosted by Raelin), special attacks, and superior mobility.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:28 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Now that I've played with them, I think Red is the best.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:32 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Gotta go with blue on this one.

The two attacks of two gives them some anti-squad pop, and has the longest range of the wyrmling brood. The extra range is even more important when you consider these bad boys can also fly (like all the little wyrms). On top of that they have the highest base attack at 4. Two attacks of 4 is a nice counter to a decently high defense figure, and can be a good hero dropper in its own right.

Now that I think about it these guys are pretty powerful...
...Ranged SA with flying + two attacks of base 4.

I think I finally understand what that extra five points are for!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units