Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 12th, 2010, 03:21 PM

Marro Divider #4 is surprisingly tart
Blastaton/Warforged army?

I know that gladiatrons are the PERFECT fit for the Blastatrons. the only problem with that is that Gladiatrons are from wave 5. (I think) They are expensive on ebay and are hard to find in stores. Now that a new vydar squad is out, I think that it would be a good idea to use the Warforged soldiers with the blastatrons.

Blastatrons x2- 120
Warforged soldiers x3- 360
DW9000- 500

In a larger battle (550 pts as an example) I would use a 4th squad to make 12 warforged soldiers (equal to 3 squads of gladiatrons)

Blastatrons x2- 120
ws x4- 440
iron golem- 540
otonashi- 550 (for the vydar theme)

Any thoughts?

Tournament record 3-0

Check out my Customs
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Blastaton/Warforged army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro Divider #4 View Post
I know that gladiatrons are the PERFECT fit for the Blastatrons. the only problem with that is that Gladiatrons are from wave 5. (I think) They are expensive on ebay and are hard to find in stores. Now that a new vydar squad is out, I think that it would be a good idea to use the Warforged soldiers with the blastatrons.

Blastatrons x2- 120
Warforged soldiers x3- 360
DW9000- 500

In a larger battle (550 pts as an example) I would use a 4th squad to make 12 warforged soldiers (equal to 3 squads of gladiatrons)

Blastatrons x2- 120
ws x4- 440
iron golem- 540
otonashi- 550 (for the vydar theme)

Any thoughts?
It sucks that you don't have any glada's ... but I'm unconvinced that this army build is very good. The glada's do so much for the blasta's that the warforged just cannot. They are only a squad of 3, they don't move-bond, they don't offer +1 attack for adjacency and they can't stop disengagers from running past them and into the blasta's.

While the WFS are a very cool and powerful new unit, I don't see them fitting with a blasta based army very well. (unless that army also features some glada's).

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:35 PM

ChessNinja is surprisingly tart

The Blasts don't get their attack bonus from the Warforged, making them almost worthless...
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:35 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

It WOULD be a good idea...if the warforged were soulborgs...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion