Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 12th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hostage Holdout Scenario - Design Phase

I ran 3 full tests myself, so if you do that many (give or take) I think we are fine. When I designed the World's Finest Scenarios, I would run them about 2 or 3 times and then send it to you and Bats to run a couple more, that should suffice I think.
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

We'll see how the next one comes out.

I think the difference with this one and others is that you said are draft scenarios is that those don't seem to have the other things such as you do with the Civillians/Execution rules nor the extreme height availability for the one team. So there just seems to be more variables with this one, at least to me there is.

I don't mind giving it a couple more tests, as I want to be at least familiar enough with it to feel confident that it's doable with different armies as well as being able to answer questions about it when/if the time comes up.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 14th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just finished 3rd test. WW/Toad for good guys. Iron Man and Spiderman for bad guys.

Spidey made good use of his swinging to take care of executing the hard to reach Civs early in the game. Unfortunately, there weren't enough Thugs on the ground floor to stop 1 Civ from escaping through the window when the Cops threw flashbangs in and stormed in. So that Civ running across the street was a pain in the ass for the bad guys. Toad went to help defend that Civ when Iron Man later came out to try to end the round adjacent to that Civ to execute him at the start of the next round, but between Toad and the Cops behind the warehouse, they kept Iron Man busy and every time I.M. attacked Toad and Cops, the Civ Panicked further way and closer to WW. WW had gone initially to warehouse roof, then to top rung of ladder next to castle door and lassoed Two-Face to ladder below her and eventually killed him. She was in a good spot because there was a Civilian between her and any adjacent same level spot. Spidey messed up by ending round adjacent to one of those Civs (he wouldn't have been able to get adjacent to WW) so he could execute them in the next round, but after that, WW Lassoed Spidey below her and even though he put a couple wounds on her and he couldn't disengage, she eventually killed him.

Iron Man was in a pickle as he had no way of ending a round adjacent to Civ to execute them because WW had the last turn that round. So he tried to attack her and missed both attacks. She moved and Lassoed him and put final 3 wounds on him. So it looked bad for the bad guys with no heroes left to execute the Civs. So they made feeble attempts to attack WW, who had gotten back onto building by now. Amazingly, the last 3 Thugs were able to destroy WW by getting two 2/0 attacks on her when she had height and not adjacent. So with her down, there was 3 Thugs vs. 2 Civs above door, 1 Civ behind ruin across from door and 1 Cop behind warehouse. If I ended the game there, it looked like Thugs had point advantage of 56.25 to 55.41 (if I did my math right). So the Civs decided to fight for their lives and took down 1 Thug before both Civs above door died. As the last two Thugs made their way down the ladder, the Cop killed one. Then the last Thug killed the last Cop with turn 1 of R9 and since Cop had OM 1 and 2, they missed those turns while the Thug closed in on last Civ. Thug couldn't get a shot off as the Civ was well hidden, but the Civ surprised the Thug and took a fire ax to the Thug's chest and killed him with a 1/0 attack.

I guess once the Thugs killed the 2 Civs above the door, they had enough points to sit back on second floor of building and wait for the last Civ and Cop to come to them, but the Thugs were cocky. So really it could have gone the other way.

I am convinced that this scenario is good to go Griff. The last two games (once I learned some stuff from the first game) were very close. The reason I was thinking about changing the format initially and why I thought I needed so many tests for the current version was because you kept saying that it was a mess. I initially believed that you were tired of messing with this thing and wanted someone else to take over and I offered as I thought it was still needing fixing. But finally, you let me know that you tested it 3 times and felt it was balanced. Had I known that initially, I would never have thought to change it or have to run so many tests on it as is. So with that all said, I want to say that Griff did a fantastic job in tweaking this scenario to become a fun and balanced one. I never tried the original version, so I have no comparison, but I can say that this was really fun and challenging.

Pass

Quote:
vBulletin Message You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Griffin again.

Old August 14th, 2010, 09:26 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Great report Hahma.

Now is this going to the ERB or not?
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Great report Hahma.

I think we sorta skipped the ERB already. I mean I adjusted the design and did the initial tests, then Hahma platested it through to completion.
Old August 14th, 2010, 05:48 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Great report Hahma.

I think we sorta skipped the ERB already. I mean I adjusted the design and did the initial tests, then Hahma platested it through to completion.
I kind of thought yours was just the design phase & Hahma's the initial test. I'm happy to skip ERB with scenarios if you want.

Should I propose to move it to public playtesting then?

Cheers
Old August 14th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Great report Hahma.

I kind of thought yours was just the design phase & Hahma's the initial test. I'm happy to skip ERB with scenarios if you want.

Should I propose to move it to public playtesting then?

Cheers
I don't think we need to send it out to the public to test. Griff said he had tested it a few times as it was when he finished it and I tested it 3 times. So that's 6 tests and enough to allow it to be good to go IMO.

And here's a treat for you A3n, as I couldn't quite stay out of C3G business for too long. While I have the map up, I took some pix just in case they needed to be included in the PDF or whatever. Now the Virtualscape 3D rendering is quite good, so real pix might not be even necessary, but as I have the bitter memory of testing scenarios for World's Finest and we hadn't thought about pix at that time until later and I had to rebuild all the maps to get pix, I figured better safe than sorry.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...tmappix001.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...tmappix002.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...tmappix003.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...tmappix004.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...tmappix005.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...tmappix006.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...tmappix007.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...tmappix008.jpg

Old August 15th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great work, guys!
In the rules, we specified no ERB for non-unit designs, and never voted to change that. This has fulfilled the required number of tests for playtests. Since there's no true lead designer here, I'm going to propose we move this to the Final Editing Phase.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 15th, 2010, 10:56 PM

Re: Hostage Holdout Scenario - VOTE Final Editing Phase

Yea
Old August 15th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Prickly Cactus

yea

Old August 15th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Yea

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:13 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Yea. And hats off to Griff, Hahma, and A3N for seeing this badboy through.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library