Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 8th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Hostage Holdout Scenario - Design Phase

I'll be off all week, but there's whole set playtesting coming along to keep the Allies busy and I'm sure other playtesters beyond you and I can peck away at other needed initial playtests as available.
This one's been around for a bit now, so I'm sure the map department appreciates you making it top priority.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 8th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Why is there a wall on the side walk next to the road? And why was there a need to change the dirt at the end of the road to a couple of pavement pieces? (I understand the change to pavement for all the other positions as it will assist the thugs )

Now what about some feedback for the Map guys on why the scenario changes were required.

Cheers
  • I thought the wall and cops looked like a cool barricade.
  • Dirt on the ends of the road looked terrible once built, where as some "walk ways" looks much more urban.
  • The scenario didn't work. And it wasn't fun. You could position Street Thugs in a way at the beginning of the game so that on turn one, you could kill all 4 Civilians in one turn, thus winning the game. There were many other reasons as well, most of which I can't even recall, but that was the biggest, Oh, and without "drafting" one player could get a ranged flier and do a lot of perching on extreme height and dominate... which is still a bit of an issue due to the building design, but at least now you can counter draft your opponent.
Old August 8th, 2010, 04:47 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
"After both players have placed their figures, they may Draft an additional 400-points of all Unique Hero's."

It should read "Heroes" there.

Looks good otherwise. I don't have Virtualscape currently to download the map and build it (nor do I have the time or space to build maps right now - I'm out of town starting tomorrow).
I am sure someone other than me can fix that.
Old August 8th, 2010, 04:47 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I can work on building this and trying it out a few times. But as I have a ton of stuff going on with painting my sister's house as well as remodeling my office and other projects in my spare time, I will only be able to work on this and nothing else testing related.

Edit: Okay, I just got done building the map, which looks awesome by the way.

I have to head out for the day and likely won't be around until later tonight, if then. I'll try to work on this scenario during the week as time permits.
Thanx Hahma.
Old August 8th, 2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I can work on building this and trying it out a few times. But as I have a ton of stuff going on with painting my sister's house as well as remodeling my office and other projects in my spare time, I will only be able to work on this and nothing else testing related.

Edit: Okay, I just got done building the map, which looks awesome by the way.

I have to head out for the day and likely won't be around until later tonight, if then. I'll try to work on this scenario during the week as time permits.
Thanks. The only thing I can suggest is to remember how important drafting and counter drafting is. If one player has ranged fliers and the other doesn't, that could decide the game before it starts.
Old August 9th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Okay, after setting up the base figures on the map, I'm thinking that the only way this is going to work is if we drop the "draft" aspect of the Unique Heroes. We should just pick set heroes for both sides and run it like that. There are way too many variables for a draft type scenario and it can no way account for future figures. As it is, there are hundreds if not more of varieties of units that can be used and I'm not going to do hundreds of test on this thing.

Scenarios should run x figures vs. y figures. Then it's a matter of where you can position the figures and then maybe when reinforcements can come in.

Perhaps you can have the same base set-up with Batman and Robin joining in in the second round. With the bad guys maybe having Penguin and Catwoman or something along those lines. The scenario can have ongoing modifications maybe with different set combinations of Heroes that are currently available and ones that will come out later. I think it has possibilities but not in the 400 point draft set up.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; August 9th, 2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:37 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That could help balance out the ranged flier aspect as well - by avoiding them.
Btw, should we be voting to move this to playtesting or something?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 9th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
That could help balance out the ranged flier aspect as well - by avoiding them.
Btw, should we be voting to move this to playtesting or something?

Yeah, I think we can avoid a ranged flier, at least at this point.

By voting to move to playtesting, I'm guessing you mean initial playtesting as it is still in development/design phase where the right combination of Unique Heroes, their placement and timing of availability still needs to be determined. I've got it set up and can mess with different combinations of Unique Heroes and such. So are you wanting to have a vote to determine if as a group we want me to do this or not? Or that it should be put on hold or what?

Old August 9th, 2010, 11:53 AM

Uh ... no, I guess I thought that Griff had the initial playtest covered, but it sounds like we're still viewing this as in the design phase.
My bad, carry on, nothing to see here.

Old August 9th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Uh ... no, I guess I thought that Griff had the initial playtest covered, but it sounds like we're still viewing this as in the design phase.
My bad, carry on, nothing to see here.

Griff basically said it was a big mess and had spent enough time tweaking and trying to get it to work out right. So after A3n stood up for the Map Crew and said we should maybe try more of a group effort to get it done considering it has been out there in limbo for quite a while and such. So I offered my services/time to try my hand at working on it.

I got the map built yesterday and this morning dug out the Thugs/Cops/Civilians and Two-Face and put them in Starting Zones. I immediately saw too much of a problem with the rules in allowing for 400 points worth of draftable Unique Heroes, with the bad guys getting them immediately and having full access to the building, and the good guys getting their Heroes in round two. There were too many options and possibilities from having draftable portions of your army for a scenario.

Seeing that problem, I immediately brought up the idea of having all units in the scenario being pre-determined. That way it can be tested right and find a way to make it as balanced as possible. I don't see how it's possible to make it balanced with random army builds.

I figured that after the scenario was tweeked with the pre-determined units, then it can go to playtesting. I also figured that perhaps the same scenario can later be re-vamped with the same core of Thugs/Civs/Cops/TF, the Unique Heroes can be changed and find a balance and tested. That way the same map/basice scenario can be used with some other units that would be fun. I mean I can at some point totally see Colossus throwing Wolverine onto the top level of the building and have him take care of business and jump down to another lever (wound/heal) and keep going nuts. That would be fun sometime, but for now, I may try some others to see how it goes.

Old August 9th, 2010, 12:40 PM

Keep up the good work, Hambone!

Old August 9th, 2010, 04:09 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Hey do we need to come up with a different playtest sheet for scenarios? I can't see the current formula working with the HH test, Squad test, & Army tests

@ Hahma, a question I have got to ask, is there anything really happening in the first 2 rounds to warrant the delayed insertion of player 1's heroes?

Cheers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library