Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 21st, 2019, 10:22 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Glyph of Darkfield

I would prefer a simpler tagline. It doesn't need to tell you everything the Glyph is doing.
Old October 21st, 2019, 11:15 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I would prefer a simpler tagline. It doesn't need to tell you everything the Glyph is doing.
If you're writing a paragraph, that's pretty far removed from the established glyph aesthetic. It should convey the theme of the main mechanic.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 23rd, 2019, 06:28 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Cleared

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 24th, 2019, 01:20 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

how about for the effect description just: Negative Combat Attributes
Old October 24th, 2019, 01:35 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
how about for the effect description just: Negative Combat Attributes
Sounds great to me!
Old October 24th, 2019, 08:33 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Clear Sight Denial seems to be the bigger deal and bigger theme to me. If we're truly trying to be inclusive, I might go with Negative Combat Attributes and Clear Sight Denial.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 24th, 2019, 09:23 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Clear Sight Denial seems to be the bigger deal and bigger theme to me. If we're truly trying to be inclusive, I might go with Negative Combat Attributes and Clear Sight Denial.
That's not much shorter than: "Negative Attack & Defense & No Clear Sight Targeting".

The objective is to shorten the description. It is supposed to be a reminder of the effect it has. That's why I didn't think "Unnatural Darkness" would be suitable. I believe that (maybe with a stretch of understanding) the "Clear Sight Denial" is covered by "Negative Combat Attributes" as it is part of the combat.
Old October 24th, 2019, 09:29 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Negative Combat Attributes feels ungainly and tells me almost nothing about the actual effects. Unnatural Darkness actually sounds better to me on almost every level - it gives more of an indication of what the effect might be, IMO (a debuff and clear sight denial, whereas NCA just sounds like a debuff), is more elegant, thematically richer, etc. - I'd be massively in favour of that.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 24th, 2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Negative Combat Attributes feels ungainly and tells me almost nothing about the actual effects. Unnatural Darkness actually sounds better to me on almost every level - it gives more of an indication of what the effect might be, IMO (a debuff and clear sight denial, whereas NCA just sounds like a debuff), is more elegant, thematically richer, etc. - I'd be massively in favour of that.
That has just confused the total $#%@ out of me. How does Unnatural Darkness indicate any effect in the game? The subtitle on a glyph is about game effects not theme or elegance. Darkness has no bearing on any game mechanics & deriving "clear sight denial" from that is a large stretch.

What we are trying to convey here is:
  • Negative attack attribute
  • Negative defense attribute
  • No clear sight (& this is were I said stretch of understanding) attribute
  • Shadow spaces that don't provide defense boost

As mentioned we don't have to list all of the effects but we do need to convey the bulk of them.
In HS combat you have to check for line of sight (if they aren't adjacent). You roll attack dice up to your attack value. And you roll defense dice up to your defense value. So "Combat" basically covers the first 3 points. So if you want to come up with something else with combat in it then you might have a solution.

Negative Combat Effects
Combat Debuff
Combat Weakness

If it's short like those last 2 we could possibly add "Shadow Space &..." as a prefix.
Old October 24th, 2019, 10:01 AM
Hard as ice

I don't see how Negative Combat Attributes conveys that any more clearly. At least Unnatural Darkness feels like it has more connection to what's going on. It may not state an in-game effect, but neither does NCE, and Unnatural Darkness gives me more of an idea of what to expect. Either way, it's honestly a poor reference, but you're not really getting around that.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 24th, 2019, 11:36 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just wanted to remind everyone that 1st Heroscape master set had two complicated glyphs that they simply wrote "wind" and "thorian" on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 24th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I have to agree that “negative combat attributes” feels kind of meaningless to me, mainly because I don’t think the term “combat attribute” is really intuitive or explanatory.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library