Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 17th, 2019, 02:57 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Official Site Question Dump

Well as long as this thread is seeing some action, I might as well throw my hat into the ring.

I've had a weird bug for probably at least a year now, if not longer. When I type posts, I hit the enter key twice to start a new paragraph. I like the extra line. But for the longest time now, when I hit post, there are two extra lines between paragraphs, for a total of three blank lines. You can see this in this very post.

I asked this question long ago, and someone suggested clearing the cache, which I have done several times since then, but that's never changed anything.

The extra lines aren't particularly in the way of anything, but they are annoying to deal with. Here are the details I've observed:

• This all began after I used a bulleted list once. Before the bulleted list, everything was fine. After the list, text had two extra spaces, and it's been that way ever since. I could probably find the exact post again after an hour or two of searching.
  • When typing, the post looks perfectly fine and normal. The extra spaces only appear when I hit post, or when I turn off the WYSIWYG editor (at which point I can backspace them out).
  • This bug happens everywhere, including when creating threads, blogs, and PMs. The only place it does not happen is on comments on blogs. I can also turn off the WYSIWYG editor on anything and type normally, and the extra spaces do not come through.
  • There has never been any weird code or anything I've sense which could cause this.
  • As I said, clearing the cache does nothing.
  • This bug is only on HSers.
  • This bug is only on Firefox. Chrome does not have this issue.
I realize probably the first thing anyone is going to say is: move to Chrome. That won't work. I can't read HSers on Chrome, because the text is too thin, and the WYSIWYG editor does not exist for some reason. It also has some other problems.

(I realize that the fact it works on chrome and that chrome doesn't have the WYSIWYG editor, and that blog comments are the only thing on HSers also without the editor, probably indicate that the problem is with the WYSIWYG editor. I just don't know what to do about it.)

Does anyone know why this has been happening? And if there's anything I can do about it?

~TGRF.

Last edited by TGRF; October 17th, 2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: The extra spaces... it's sickening...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online