Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 13th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of the Hostage Holdout Scenario

My group was able to play 2 games a few nights ago with this scenario, switching it to a 2 vs 2 battle. I'll give a quick battle report from what I remember. We went with 720 point armies and kept to the scenarios 8 rounds and 2 squads of civilians. One thing I should note is that this is the 1st time my group has used the majority of the troops so there was certainly some missed opportunities, esp. with Team 4's many bonding options.

Game 1:

Good Guys
Team 1my team)

Black Canary 190
Green Arrow 150
Robin 120
Batman 200 (660 total)

Good Guys
Team 2:

Flash 250
Luke Cage 190
Spider man 160
Beat Cops x2 130 (730 total)

Bad Guys
Team 3:

Predator x3 720

Bad Guys
Team 4:

Joker 190
Firefly 120
Harley Quinn 130
Two Face 130
Street Thugs x2 150 (720 total)

Game one started out with a shootout between the Thugs and the Cops. The Cops didn't fare very well at all. Losing 5 by the end of the round to only one Thug. I moved Canary and Robin out to try to get closer to the Preds to engage them and moved Green Arrow out to take Advantage of his range. The Preds spread out some to jockey for good position and took down another cop. Round two had some real chaos. Canary was able to move in to engage one Predator and gave it two wounds, Robin moved closer to set up a bat grapple for his next move. All good in theory, until Harley Quinn comes in and throws a bomb, rolls 6 skulls. Canary and Robin roll 1 shield between them and die, along with her teammates Predator. End of round two sees Black Canary, Robin and all the Cops dead for the Good Guys, 1 dead Predator and two dead Thugs for the Bad Guys. Things are not going to plan for my side at this point. Round 3 final comes for my teammate who can finally activate his heroes, and he starts his assault with Spidy, Cage and Flash. The Bad Guys move around to better position themselves but decide to stay inside the (safety?) of the building. This is the point where Batman becomes a single handed wrecking crew. Over the next few rounds Batman takes down a Pred, Joker, Two-Face and a couple of Thugs. One thing the bad guys really griped about was the Evasive Strike 15; a. the didn't like the fact that it had a range of 5, b. the fact that I rolled successfully with it at least 6 times in that game didn't help either. Spidy (whose spider sense was equally on fire) was able to take down Firefly quickly and the bad guys conceded by round 5. We ended up saving 4 civilians in game one, I had 2 wounds on Batman and 1 on Green Arrow. Flash and Luke Cage were full health and Spider Man had 2 or 3 wounds. It was a fun and interesting game with the bad guys dominating the 1st 2 rounds and Batman winning the MVP award and steamrolling the bad guys the rest of the game.

Game 2

Teams were the same except team 3 which switched to:

Bad Guys
Team 3

Kingpin 220
Elite League Assassins 150
Bullseye 175 (to try and counter Batman and Spidy)
Merlyn 160

This game was similar to the 1st. Thugs and Cops started with a shootout again, but this time the cops do better, 1 cop down vs 3 dead thugs. Again I move Canary and Robin out with Green Arrow in support, with unfortunately the same result. Canary went down to the Assassins in one turn without ever getting an attack off. Robin went down a round later. Harley Quinn whiffed on her bomb attempt and died fast to Batman. Spidy took down Merlyn in one attack and Cage put the hurt on Two Face. The Assassins were a challenge to deal with, killing Flash and they put 3 wounds Batman before he and Green Arrow could put them down. Bullseye and Batman squared off and Bulleyes counter to Evasive Strike worked twice but was never able to to put Batman away. The Bad guys finally conceded (partly for time reasons) they had Kingpin with 2 wounds, Joker with 3 wounds and 2 Thugs left. We had Batman 3 wounds, Green Arrow 1 wound, full Cage and 4 Beat Cops.

Another fun game. Really enjoyed the scenario.

A few observations:

1. Batman(200 pt version) is strong. My opponents would say overpowered, but I think I was just having one of those hot d20 days. But he certainly more than covered his points.

2. Elite League Assassins are tough to kill, they lasted a long time and did some major damage. A fun squad for sure.

3. I think for the bad guys to win, you have to have a hero hanging out just to stay engaged to the civilians to be able to kill one at the beginning of each round. It doesn't make any sense for the civilians to leave engagement. We moved them with the panic ability whenever possible. Winning in eight rounds is hard for the bad guys.

4. The good guys purposely didn't have any flyers, but did have Batman, Robin and Spiderman who have some form of leaping abilities which was important for victory. Flying I think would negate some of the strategy of the building. But having to only climb ladders would be pretty tough for non-range figures.

Quick question that we didn't know the answer to. If a Predator self destructs, does the explosion only happen on the level he is on? For example if the Predator is on the ground floor and Batman is standing directly above him on the second floor of a building would Batman take damage from the explosion?
Old July 13th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I believe Batman would take damage. I do not think there is a level restriction on explosions.
Just play Batman a few more times and see how your luck holds out. I have used him quite a few times and do not think I have ever had that kind of luck with him. He usually gets crushed with one or two attacks.

Sounds like fun was had. Great report and analysis!!
We could really use that insight for playtesting if you are interested.
Old July 13th, 2018, 03:23 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

When Batman was initially tested, he had some rare luck. It caused an extensive amount of testing to be done to prove he is balanced at 200. I can assure you that Batman is well costed and well balanced at exactly that price.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 13th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
When Batman was initially tested, he had some rare luck. It caused an extensive amount of testing to be done to prove he is balanced at 200. I can assure you that Batman is well costed and well balanced at exactly that price.
Certainly not implying that Batman is OP. Only that it feels that way when it totally dominates your team. I think that can be said about most units when you are on the wrong end of a butt kicking! I thought he was great. And I'm looking forward to using him again.
Old July 14th, 2018, 04:45 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

My response was aimed more to back you up with your friends than at you. Initially, testers felt just like your friends when playing with or against Batman, but LOTS of testing bore out the final costing result. I don't mind sharing that Batman is the most tested unit we've ever put out. At one point, he alone was holding up the World's Finest release. (And secretly almost sunk this ship before it ever left port.)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 17th, 2018, 09:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Batman is probably the most tested figure in our history.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library