Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:55 PM

CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby!
HS-aholic free heroscape iOS app

HS-aholic finally got added to the AppStore today. It's designed for the iPhone/iPod but works fine on the iPad (in the emulator window).

Current features include collection management, army creation (manual or generated for up to 6 players), and an area for managing custom units.

Check out the iTunes page for more info:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hs-ah...418774549?mt=8

Note: By default there are no Marvel units included because Apple has apparently gotten a lot of grief from them involving other apps. So unless I get direct permission from them I cannot include them. However, they should be simple enough to add manually with the Custom Unit menu.
Also I replaced the areas where Marvel units would have been in the original interface with a a Custom Valkyrie container to help incorporate units that use a non-standard Valkyrie. Potentially a superior feature anyway.

We're already working on the next version. So let me know if you find any bugs on have a feature request. I can't add every feature but I'll definitely think over any suggestions and implement what I can.

Upcoming Fixes:
1. Fix occasional issue where the Custom Unit Creation form is missing some delete buttons on the Rule cells.

Upcoming Features:
1. Donation button (just in case anyone feels generous )
2. Dice rolling (likely no cool 3D animations, but functional once I find out more about the dice since I do not personally own any Flagbearers).

"Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon."
--Epigrams on Programming by Alan Perlis
Old March 3rd, 2011, 11:48 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HS-aholic free heroscape iOS app

Amazing app. I left you a five star review. Hope it gets posted soon!

Could you add the unit bios to the app or would that violate the copyright agreement? Just a thought. They would be a pretty neat addition.

Old March 4th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh my god. After all these years, finally a reason to get an iPhone. And you from Pittsburgh no less.

Bravo, CiananBrage.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 4th, 2011, 08:11 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Very cool indeed.
Old March 4th, 2011, 11:52 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Sweet app. Any chance of making it for the Android? I'm sure you and every other Apple iOS developer gets asked that.
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:10 PM

CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby! CiananBrage rolls all skulls baby!

Glad you guys like it . It took far longer to make than I expected. Originally this was just a crappy hta with some csvs on my pc. After I ordered a ton of stuff at the housemouse xmas sale I needed to update it for the new units and figured why not just make it into an iphone app. (I've been coding for iOS for ~3yrs now as an independent contractor).

@Chardar
Thanks for the review they are surprisingly hard to get for apps.
Adding bios for the Marvel chars would definitely not be possible, but I'll definitely look into adding them for the other official units. And even adding the ability to write bios for custom units.
Key things I'd need to do would be to find a good source for the bios (I assume they would be on this site somewhere but I don't know my way around too well yet) and to find a good place in the interface to stick the button for displaying the bio text.
--->I assume the info I see at this post would be the sort of bio info your thinking of? Although I see that many of the bios are missing, namely those for any of the later units. Where can they be found?

Since I don't have direct permission from Wizards/Hasbro the more official material I use the more likely they are to crack the whip and make me remove it, but I think I'm fairly safe to add whatever I want since the app doesn't do anything on its own. If you don't buy their official products the app isn't of any use.

@Dad Scaper
When I was first asked to develop for the iphone I didn't even know what an iphone was . I grew up in farm country and cell phone were 100% useless there (still ~70% useless now in those areas). It's a pretty cool device though. I generally think of it as a gameboy with a cellular receiver. I've got a BS in CompSci and a strong c/c++ background though so the iOS SDK was easy to learn.
I'm trying to figure out if you like or dislike Pittsburgh? But I'm not sure I personally find it to be far to noisy and dirty and intend to leave when I can.

@lefton4ya
I've considered learning the Android SDK, but I'm really not a java guy.
A couple of my clients have mentioned doing releases on both platforms, but they've never followed through. If I ever get pushed into it I'll definitely use it as an opportunity to port all my apps.

Old March 4th, 2011, 04:15 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

This is a great app, and it shows some wonderful polish for being version 1.0. There are still a few things missing that I'd like to see though.

First of all, some errors:
- The Obsidian Guards are listed under Ullar, and not Utgar.
- Samuel Brown is missing.

And some feature requests:
- The ability text should probably be put where the rest of the stats are displayed. The pictures don't show quite well enough to make out the smaller text.
- I'd love if, in addition to a total point count and unit count of your collection, we could get a total figure count.

This is an awesome app, and you did a wonderful job on it. I look forward to updates!
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
Good catches. Data entry slip on the U's and I have seen the name Samuel Brown around the forums, but never realized he was an official unit. I checked my list against the Mythacle Battleplan site for correctness in the end and they didn't have him either. I found him on the heroscape wiki though.

Quote:
And some feature requests:
- The ability text should probably be put where the rest of the stats are displayed. The pictures don't show quite well enough to make out the smaller text.
- I'd love if, in addition to a total point count and unit count of your collection, we could get a total figure count.
Thanks for the praise and feedback. Adding the total figures into the stats area should be doable. The ability text would likely clutter up the preview pane, but I definitely think putting the full Ability text into the same area as the Bio text area requested by Chardar would work nicely. Likely some sort of extended character info popup.

Old March 4th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiananBrage View Post
@Dad Scaper
I'm trying to figure out if you like or dislike Pittsburgh? But I'm not sure I personally find it to be far to noisy and dirty and intend to leave when I can.
I was there once for business and it wasn't as awful as I was expecting. But it's a football thing, as the reg'lars around here know. Don't mind me and thanks for supporting the community. If my kid would find his iPod I'd have him get this app right away, it looks great.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Good catches. Data entry slip on the U's and I have seen the name Samuel Brown around the forums, but never realized he was an official unit. I checked my list against the Mythacle Battleplan site for correctness in the end and they didn't have him either. I found him on the heroscape wiki though.
See truths post that was on the front page awhile ago: Forever Valiant. He is considered just as official as the other promotional releases such as Agent Skahen and Master Woo.
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
Quote:
See truths post that was on the front page awhile ago: Forever Valiant. He is considered just as official as the other promotional releases such as Agent Skahen and Master Woo.
LOL. I should have thought the info had to be here.

Now if only some of the cool unreleased units I've seen rumors about online would also turn out to be true.

Old March 4th, 2011, 08:54 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

That would be awesome is they were classic scape!

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software