Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old November 23rd, 2018, 01:12 PM

wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Kick Butt Armies for: Elementals and Wyrmlings

Alright everyone!! UPDATE

I put these armies on the board:
Wyrmings 500pts.
4x BW
2x RW
1X WW
Eltahale
Q10

*3 player battle against a vampire/anubian wolves army and a death chaster/ogre warhulk and pulvizer army. Death chasers zoomed across the board and got first turn; they swarmed Q10 and I rolled a terrible set of defense dice... Q10 went down with order markers 1,2 on it AHHHHHH!!!! I was about to concede right there. We continued on.

Ultimately Elthale and Isamu killed everything else. And I took the win. If Q10 would have stayed alive it might have been an even more decisive victory. Great army list!!

Elementals 500pts
Kurrok
Fire x3
Air x3
Water x2
Krava maga
Isamu
Otonashi (495)

*They came out strong on a semi favorable map. Sent Krava maga out first to take down his Knights of weston. I was only able to regrenerate 2 out of 6 chances with Kurrok. ultimately after a long-hard fought battle the Elementals were overtaken.
Old November 23rd, 2018, 06:08 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamingaddict87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I don't like running Elementals in competitive play, but, they're not unplayable. For 500pt.:

Kurrok 120
Fire x3 105
Earth x3 105
Phantom Knights x2 140

For your last 30 points you can do a number of things: Water x1, Guilty McCreech, Eldgrim, Marcu+ninja, Air x1. I think I like either Water Elemental or Guilty best, but I'd have to see what the map/glyph pool is like.

I always thought Air Elementals could make an interesting screen for Q9:

Kurrok 120
Air x3 90
Q9 180
Raelin 80
Water x1 30 (another Air would be ideal)

If you want all the Elementals, maybe:

Kurrok 120
Fire x3 105
Water x2 60
Earth x1 35
Air x1 30
Syvarris 100
Marro Warriors 50

I wouldn't run Elementals in a 400pt. setting.

Wyrmlings are a lot more versatile and likeable to me. You could do:

Black x2 60
White x3 90
Charos 210
Greenscales x2 120
Marcu 20

or how about

Black x2 60
Blue x2 70
Red x2 60
White x2 60
Krug 120
Hydra 120
Ninja 10

That would be a fun one, I think.

Can't go wrong with adding on to the classic Knight base:

Gilbert 105
Knights x3 210
Black x4 120
White x1 30
Blue x1 35

For 400pt.:
Cyprien 150
Sonya 45
Black x3 90
Blue x1 35
Zetacron 60
Marcu 20

That could be a very mean army in certain matchups. The more solid choice:

Cyprien 150
Black x3 90
Red x2 60
Krav 100

Another one:

Sentinels x2 220
White x4 120
Marro Warriors 50
Ninja 10

One more:

Venocs x4 160
Hydra 120
Black x4 120

I agree that Blue Wyrmling is the worst, but it's still not bad imo.
WOW! Thanks for all the army lists.
No problem man. Was thinking of some more for you earlier today:

Kurrok 120
Fire Elemental x3 105
Earth Elemental x1 35 (another Fire would be ideal, maybe your opponent(s) will let you proxy)
Air Elemental x2 60
Raelin RotV 80
Krav 100

Basically, with this one your main ways on killing things is the magnificant combo of Krav/Raelin (which you'll soon learn is a very strong combo in the game, if you haven't already), and you have an Elemental screen to protect them. You could swamp out the two Air elementals for two Water Elementals for some more firepower when enemies hit the screen, but Krav/Raelin is (very) strong enough. Whichever you prefer, Water Elementals are a fun unit. Also, you could always put in Zetacron and drop down to only the four Fire/Earth as a screen, that would work too. But I assume you want to play more Elementals rather than less.

Another Wyrmling build:

Grimnak 120
Blade Gruts x4 160
Raelin 80
Nerak 50
Black Wyrmling x3 90

Black Wyrmlings can help out with pesky high defense squads and heroes that are positioned away from Grimnak. Reds are an option too. You can also swap Nerak for another Wyrmling + Marcu too of course. I think @OrcElfArmyOne will like this one

I don't think I've ever seen Dwarves and Wyrmlings before but:

Axegrinders x3 210
Migol Ironwill 110
White Wyrmling x6 180

I like it.
Old November 23rd, 2018, 10:01 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Dwarf Star

I know dok has run dwerrow and Wyrmlings together in online scape and I know I've brought the combo somewhere as well. They're good counterparts since Wyrms are really good against small/medium figures and the dwarves do better against large/huge. Darrak is the best dwarf for this kind of army.

I also like running them with hydras. Wyrmlings are one of my favorite armies to play and can be really nasty in Raelin's aura. As long as there's something to take care of the large/huge figures it'll go swimmingly. I like the eltahale build a lot.

~Dysole, who took way too long to comment on this thread
Old November 27th, 2018, 01:35 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamingaddict87 View Post
Quote:
I don't like running Elementals in competitive play, but, they're not unplayable. For 500pt.:

Kurrok 120
Fire x3 105
Earth x3 105
Phantom Knights x2 140

For your last 30 points you can do a number of things: Water x1, Guilty McCreech, Eldgrim, Marcu+ninja, Air x1. I think I like either Water Elemental or Guilty best, but I'd have to see what the map/glyph pool is like.

I always thought Air Elementals could make an interesting screen for Q9:

Kurrok 120
Air x3 90
Q9 180
Raelin 80
Water x1 30 (another Air would be ideal)

If you want all the Elementals, maybe:

Kurrok 120
Fire x3 105
Water x2 60
Earth x1 35
Air x1 30
Syvarris 100
Marro Warriors 50

I wouldn't run Elementals in a 400pt. setting.

Wyrmlings are a lot more versatile and likeable to me. You could do:

Black x2 60
White x3 90
Charos 210
Greenscales x2 120
Marcu 20

or how about

Black x2 60
Blue x2 70
Red x2 60
White x2 60
Krug 120
Hydra 120
Ninja 10

That would be a fun one, I think.

Can't go wrong with adding on to the classic Knight base:

Gilbert 105
Knights x3 210
Black x4 120
White x1 30
Blue x1 35

For 400pt.:
Cyprien 150
Sonya 45
Black x3 90
Blue x1 35
Zetacron 60
Marcu 20

That could be a very mean army in certain matchups. The more solid choice:

Cyprien 150
Black x3 90
Red x2 60
Krav 100

Another one:

Sentinels x2 220
White x4 120
Marro Warriors 50
Ninja 10

One more:

Venocs x4 160
Hydra 120
Black x4 120

I agree that Blue Wyrmling is the worst, but it's still not bad imo.
WOW! Thanks for all the army lists.
No problem man. Was thinking of some more for you earlier today:

Kurrok 120
Fire Elemental x3 105
Earth Elemental x1 35 (another Fire would be ideal, maybe your opponent(s) will let you proxy)
Air Elemental x2 60
Raelin RotV 80
Krav 100

Basically, with this one your main ways on killing things is the magnificant combo of Krav/Raelin (which you'll soon learn is a very strong combo in the game, if you haven't already), and you have an Elemental screen to protect them. You could swamp out the two Air elementals for two Water Elementals for some more firepower when enemies hit the screen, but Krav/Raelin is (very) strong enough. Whichever you prefer, Water Elementals are a fun unit. Also, you could always put in Zetacron and drop down to only the four Fire/Earth as a screen, that would work too. But I assume you want to play more Elementals rather than less.

Another Wyrmling build:

Grimnak 120
Blade Gruts x4 160
Raelin 80
Nerak 50
Black Wyrmling x3 90

Black Wyrmlings can help out with pesky high defense squads and heroes that are positioned away from Grimnak. Reds are an option too. You can also swap Nerak for another Wyrmling + Marcu too of course. I think @OrcElfArmyOne will like this one

I don't think I've ever seen Dwarves and Wyrmlings before but:

Axegrinders x3 210
Migol Ironwill 110
White Wyrmling x6 180

I like it.
Nah, Gruts don't need range or Raelin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion