Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old November 4th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
More or Less

This is not an earth-shattering find, chiefly because I found exactly what one would expect to find.

Basically, the purpose of my calculations was to figure out if the defender will be wounded more in a situation when both the attacker and defender have an extra die.

I used my handy-dandy roll-calculating spreadsheet to crank out this table:

Basically what each value in the table is is a percentage expressing how much more wounded the defender will be if both the attacker and defender have an extra die. The headers for both the columns and the rows are:
[original amount of dice] -> [original + extra die]
So, the value under 4->5 atk and 2->3 def shows, proportionately, how much more wounding an attack with extra dice would be as opposed to the original amount of dice for both the attacker and defender.

To make this easier to visualize, I made this graph using the data from the above table.

As you can see, no line ever dips below the x-axis. Furthermore, each data set decays exponentially, with the x-axis being the asymptote.

Therefore, it is always in the interest of the attacker to seek an extra die, even if the defender gets one as well.
Old November 9th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: El_T's Dice Probability (Updated 11/4/2013)

Since I've finally got around to learning certain commands in Excel, my Queglix gun calculations are looking a lot more feasible. I will keep you all updated, and will most likely have data posted by the end of the week.
Old November 10th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Bugger

Queglix Gun SA: Attacking a Lone Hero

This post is under construction.

Last edited by El T; November 25th, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old November 11th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Bugger

Queglix Gun SA: Attacking Multiple Squad Figures

This post is under construction.

Last edited by El T; November 13th, 2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old November 12th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Bugger

Re: El_T's Dice Probability (Updated 11/11/2013)

Breakthough. Just realized that the key to boiling down the data for attacking squad figures is to find the probabilities of killing one, two, three figures, etc. It'll be kind of like rolling a die. I just have to alter the dice equations to fit the variables I'm using.

Look for an update coming soon. Also, data for rolling against a defender with counter strike.

EDIT: It took me a while to realize that nobody would ever be rolling counter strike against Queglix, since it only works against normal attacks.

Last edited by El T; November 16th, 2013 at 06:11 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles