Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old March 4th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Maryland 360 Tournament. April 18th NEW DATE

Hot on the heels of the most successful Maryland tournament yet, comes....................another tournament. Don't worry, you still have 5 and half weeks to recover from the last one and get ready for this one.

Date: April 18th
Time: 1:00 start time. Try to check in by 12:30.
Place: Renissance Games
2315 A-6 Belair Rd.
Fallston Md. 21047
Store Phone 410-877-7600
(Yes, they've promised more space this time)
NEW DATE: Due to a scheduling conflict, Renissance Games has asked that I change the Date. The new date is April 18th, one week later than originally planned. Sorry for any inconvenience, hope eveyone can still make it.

Format: As the name suggests, this will be a 360 point tournament. You have 360 points to build the best unrestricted army you can come up with.
Why 360, isn't that a small amount of points? Yes it is, the reasons are twofold. First, smaller points makes the games go faster. Second, its a challenge.
Unrestricted?? What does that mean. That means we've cast off the shackles, make what ever kind of army you like, and yes, I'm throwing open the floodgates, Marvel will be allowed!
Of course, no customs, re-paints are ok, and your army must still fit the 24 hex starting zone. (Ok, so there are some restrictions)
We'll duke it out for 5 rounds, and then crown a champion.
Prizes: What I'd like to do is get a $5.00 donation from everyone, and use this towards buying a selection of prizes, from Renissance Games. As most of us have all the available heroscape merchandise out there, I think offering up some different prizes would be fun. Renissance Games has also hinted at making a donation towards our prize pool, and of course, I'll be making a few donations of my own. This means everyone won't leave with something, but we don't play just to win stuff right?
Maps: As everyone knows, help with maps is greatly appreciated. If you can help with a map, let me know, and please offer suggestions on what maps you'd like to see.

Renissance Games has given us more space to play this time, so we will not be cramed in like sardines. We had 25 players last time, lets blow the roof of the place this time!

Players (Confirmed)
1. Clancampbell
2. Tom
3. Technomagus
4. Aerindane
5. Lizard King
6. Lizard King's Brother
7. Wk4c
8. Wk4c's Dad
9. Drewcula
10. Tony
11. Spidysox
12. Daughter of Spidysox
13. Arcus
14. Copperpot
15. Vydar is the man
16. Nightswipe
17. Ben
18. Shaugville

Players (Possible)
Peteparkerh
Sleeper

Maps
Sandbar - by Tom
Swamp Infestation - by Vydar is the Man
Secret map of Doom - by Clancampbell
Fire River - by Clancampbell
Forgotten Highway - by Clancampbell
Melee Mixer - by Copperpot
High Point - by Tom

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Last edited by clancampbell; April 16th, 2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old March 4th, 2009, 04:31 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Maryland 360 Tournament. April 11th.

Well, I'm in! As ususal I will provide some maps. Thanks for running this and I hope we get another huge turnout! See you all in April!
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:02 PM

Technomagus has disabled reputation

Hehe. Should be fun! Count me in.
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:05 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, you sure don't waste any time! I cannot commit just yet, but I will work on coming down again (hopefully with Peterparkerh and The Sleeper).

edit: 800th post, uggh... I think I do this too much.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Well, I'm in! As ususal I will provide some maps. Thanks for running this and I hope we get another huge turnout! See you all in April!
Awesome. Thanks again for helping with maps, I can always count on you. Any suggestions for maps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomagus View Post
Hehe. Should be fun! Count me in.
Glad to have you back, bring your friend again, I promise him a spot this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Wow, you sure don't waste any time! I cannot commit just yet, but I will work on coming down again (hopefully with Peterparkerh and The Sleeper).

edit: 800th post, uggh... I think I do this too much.
I wanted to give enough notice so we could generate another crowd. Hopefully all you guys can make it again, besides, you have to defend your title.

Old March 5th, 2009, 11:54 AM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Put me on the "Possible" list. I don't know about this one. I'm not a big fan of mixing the two. We'll see how much play testing I can get in and go from there.
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:21 PM

lizardking is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

me and my little brother will also be here
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
Put me on the "Possible" list. I don't know about this one. I'm not a big fan of mixing the two. We'll see how much play testing I can get in and go from there.
Gotcha, I'm not a huge fan of mixing in marvel either, but with such a low points value, I'm not sure we'll see too many of the marvel guys. Besides, it may be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking View Post
me and my little brother will also be here
Awesome, I'll see you guys there.

Old March 5th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

NERVtastic!

Why not up the limit to 370pts? It seems like a natural cut-off given that that is the price of the most expensive unit. An army of just the Hulk might be entertaining.
Old March 5th, 2009, 01:48 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Not my event, but I agree with ollie.

At 360 pts, you actually have a restriction in your no restriction event.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 5th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
NERVtastic!

Why not up the limit to 370pts? It seems like a natural cut-off given that that is the price of the most expensive unit. An army of just the Hulk might be entertaining.
I had originally come up with the points before allowing marvel. I relize this cuts of the Hulk, but I doubt anyone would just go with Hulk as their army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Not my event, but I agree with ollie.

At 360 pts, you actually have a restriction in your no restriction event.
Well yeah, but I had to cut the points off somewhere.

Old March 5th, 2009, 04:07 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I might be in, I might not. We'll see.

I do feel like 360 is a little low. Did you consider possibly dropping it down to 350 and making it a team event? Team tournaments are popping up all over the place, and they sound like they would be pretty fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events