Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 1st, 2020, 01:07 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Venom (Symbiote) (Public Testing)

Substantial win in the first game, but looks to me like that had a lot to do with Omega Red acing Cable and Cyclops in one turn apiece, and less to do with Venomized Ock on clean-up duty (though that obviously didn't hurt).

The scissory application didn't really pay off against the Turtles, looks like, but they don't strike me as the most vulnerable to those shenanigans, so I don't want to be too quick to beef him up. Data point to keep in mind, though.
Old June 1st, 2020, 01:08 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Look like really solid tests from a first time tester.
Yeah, real solid first outing! Hopefully redstang signs up for more.

I actually ran the revised wording past him to see if that read more cleanly to him, but haven't heard back yet.
Old June 1st, 2020, 01:11 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

He already signed up for Iceman. Definitely hope they keep it going.
Old June 1st, 2020, 09:37 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
The scissory application didn't really pay off against the Turtles, looks like, but they don't strike me as the most vulnerable to those shenanigans, so I don't want to be too quick to beef him up. Data point to keep in mind, though.
Looks like he didn't really go after Leo (who really would be the target by denying Turtle Power).

But regardless, losing that game is actually very concerning. Because Venom's team had 100 points extra over the turtles. Turtles plus Splinter is 930. Not 1030.
Old June 1st, 2020, 09:47 AM
Symbiotic

Ha, true. Didn't catch the point discrepancy on first glance.

I'm not concerned, though. Like I get what he was going for with the Fate/Venom build, but it doesn't look super impressive to me and it sounds like he had some rough luck with it on top of that. (Emma dropping fast and Sinister not hitting his d20 rolls)

My takeaway was more that the wheels just fell off the wagon, not that there was something to be worried about on Venom's end.
Old June 1st, 2020, 09:50 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I've been starting to add point totals each time I get tests in now.

But yeah definitely doesn't feel like the best build for Venom.
Old June 1st, 2020, 12:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I've been starting to add point totals each time I get tests in now.

But yeah definitely doesn't feel like the best build for Venom.
Some of us appreciate that.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 1st, 2020, 12:25 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Ha, true. Didn't catch the point discrepancy on first glance.

I'm not concerned, though. Like I get what he was going for with the Fate/Venom build, but it doesn't look super impressive to me and it sounds like he had some rough luck with it on top of that. (Emma dropping fast and Sinister not hitting his d20 rolls)

My takeaway was more that the wheels just fell off the wagon, not that there was something to be worried about on Venom's end.
Yeah I don't think my brain was thinking too much about individual pieces yet at that point. Turtles are probably one of the least susceptible to scissors we have due to the spread and all in nature of them. Armies in his first game seemed fairly comparable, but definitely a discrepancy in synergy and efficiency on the second pair. Still not a bad start as a tester!

Depending on how fast this moves, I may try and run a quick Indigo-1 cart game, as I think she may be the best bet if trying a scissors application here. Can't promise it, but I think it would be good to see it in practice at least once.
Old June 1st, 2020, 05:03 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Still not a bad start as a tester!
Oh yeah, I still think it's a really solid first effort. The "Fate SZ bombing with Venom" and "Sinister hanging back and trying to boost up Mutants" halves of the army are just a little bit at odds with each other, I think.

Quote:
Depending on how fast this moves, I may try and run a quick Indigo-1 cart game, as I think she may be the best bet if trying a scissors application here. Can't promise it, but I think it would be good to see it in practice at least once.
I'd be comfortable waiting a bit for that. I'd love to see it, and I'm not in a rush.
Old June 6th, 2020, 03:11 PM
Book Wyrm

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Venom Symbiote

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Venom Symbiote (170), Captain Marvel, Billy Batson, Indigo-I (930) vs Xavier, Wolverine, Deadpool, Blink (930)
Unit Summary
Damage: Hosts dealt 4 damage.
Abilities: 2 different hosts used.
Spoiler Alert!

Unit Summary
Damage: 4 wounds dealt by hosts.
Abilities: 2 hosts.
Spoiler Alert!

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
I wouldn't be terribly alarmed. This is intended as a strong matchup for the tribe/symbiote. It looks like a relatively decent sized win, but the D20 could have shifted this at any moment.
Old June 7th, 2020, 02:55 PM
Symbiotic

Thanks LV!

Looking over the results, I'm feeling pretty good about where we're at here. Bonding with a friendly is more-so the 'easy mode' for playing it and it can feel worth its cost that way. Some nasty scissors applications, but they're not that easy to pull off.

Open to thoughts on cost before moving forward.
Old June 7th, 2020, 07:53 PM
Symbiotic

Let's send this to editing

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library