Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 25th, 2020, 03:50 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Venom (Symbiote) (VOTE for Public Testing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
These look like interesting games. How did he feel in general? Did venomozing your own figures feel better than your opponent? Or vice verse? Curious what the actual optimal strategy is here.

Yea either way. More info will come the more testing is done!
Bonding with enemy figures is a bigger deal, but it's a lot harder to pull off and leverage.

The army I was running in the last couple tests was designed with the intent being to bond with one or two enemy figures, but then have a couple good friendly choices to fall back on afterward - which almost panned out in game two, but Rogers got dropped fast after bonding with Venom, so nothing really came of having the friendly fallback.

I'm not sure I totally nailed an optimal strategy, since Venom's army lost pretty bad in the game where he performed well. I had fun, though.
Old May 25th, 2020, 06:18 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Still need one more vote here. I know it hasn't actually been that long, just worried about him falling off the first page, at the speed we're moving.
Old May 25th, 2020, 06:21 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

yea
Old May 25th, 2020, 06:24 PM
Symbiotic

Thanks Ark. This passes.
Old May 26th, 2020, 09:59 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Venom (Symbiote) (Public Testing)

At first I was going to do 2 games, one where I give him to allies, and one try to infect enemies. Then I figured that one game wouldn't be enough of a feel, so I did two allied games, and I hammed up the boost as much as I could figure.

Even though Crime Master can't pick Venom as the symbiote, he can pick a savage figure who is the symbiote's host! Having a monster of a figure running amok is pretty strong. Doesn't seem broken though.

So after I run some other tests if you would like I can swing back this way and get a feel for Venom infecting opponent's characters, now that I know the other side. Up to you!

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Venom

Army Test
Summary: Mister Hyde with the boosts is extremely nasty. Obviously his defense still lacks, so that’s why I have Cap in the mix. +3 attack and +1 defense is huge. Unfortunately Cap died extremely early, but even still this ended up being a very close game.
Map: Custom
Units: Venom, Crime Master, Mister Hyde, Captain America, Beat Cops (900)

Vs.

Wrecking Crew + Ragdoll

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Summary: I was banking on Weapon X’s big multi attacks, but the FF just shot him from range. His defense wasn’t big enough to make full use of the boost. That said, when Thing engaged him, dealing a few sounds, X completely destroyed Thing in a single turn. Beast Man and the Man Bats with Crime Master’s boost is one of my current favorite combos, and they picked apart the FF real easily.
Units: Venom, Crime Master, Beast Man, Man Bat Assassins, Weapon X (995)
Vs.

Fantastic Four (1000)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Summary:
Units: ..............

Spoiler Alert!

[B]THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Obviously I went completely into the friendly boost in these games. First game was real balanced as you can see, the second was rough, but the Man Bats are great at tearing apart the FF, so without them it might have swung the other way more. Paying 175 for an attack and a move point seems pretty hefty, but Crime Master essentially does the same at 160, so I feel like we’re in the right ballpark, considering Venom doesn’t have a figure and stats to fall back on once his host goes down.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
The boost is cool. The Crime Master, Cap, and Venom combo is huge. For 1005 points you could have those 3, Beast Man and Man Bats, which might be something. Beast Man is really strong, but you lose out on the multi attacks from Mr Hyde or Weapon X. Boost units are always fun, and this guy is a bit of a weird one.
Old May 26th, 2020, 11:20 AM
Symbiotic

Thanks LP! Quick turn around on those.

I've never turned down extra games, but don't feel obligated.

Definitely feeling like the "boost a friendly" strategy is looking okay, balance-wise. He's real easy to stack with other boosts and doesn't come with a lot of conditions, but his price tag (and the fact that he does nothing else for you once you bond him to a friendly) seem to keep it in check pretty well.
Old May 26th, 2020, 11:24 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah multi attackers is nasty with it (Like Hyde who seriously cleaned house), but putting all your eggs in a single basket is a bit of a risky proposition.

Throwing him on a few bigger heavy hitters might be interesting. Mine were mid-level since I wanted to cash in with Crime Master also.

(Kids stayed sleeping last night, haha)
Old May 26th, 2020, 11:27 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Would love to see a Punisher Venom. May have to try that out myself.
Old May 26th, 2020, 11:28 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Would love to see a Punisher Venom. May have to try that out myself.
Yep, Punisher, Bane, John Stewart, and Cap might be absolutely killer.
Old May 26th, 2020, 11:44 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

This design looks like a ton of fun, but I'm trying to focus on initials to fill up playtesting more before the contest goes live or I would snap this up.
Old May 26th, 2020, 12:52 PM
Symbiotic

Cool to hear! No rush, though. Only been in testing a day.

I'm more concerned with exploring the "try to bond with enemies" stuff in further testing - I think that's where there might be more need for tweaks. The "bond with a figure you control" strategy feels like a pretty known quantity.
Old May 26th, 2020, 12:53 PM
...has moist legs

I'm wondering if it'd be more interesting to have your figures fight for control also, so it's not just a static boost all the time. Then there's a chance for him to hop off and on someone else throughout the whole match.

Just a thought.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library