Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 5th, 2020, 09:00 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Here's one I may back, it's called Ulaya Chronicles.

I love The Drowned Earth miniatures game by the same designer, which I had backed a few years ago. Unlike The Drowned Earth which is 2 player vs game, this one is solo/co-op.

Also, this game uses a paper mat to play on and 2D terrain pieces and standees in order to keep the cost down. There are upgrades for miniatures for those that want them.

I did 6 playtests a few weeks ago, and used minis and 3D terrain to play, because that's my preference. It was fun. The AI system is cool and it has a great setting and a narrative campaign where there is level up system.

Worth checking out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...bxwa4eGiMBWQ-k

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 9th, 2020, 09:54 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I ended up late pledging for the Anhk gods of egypt game. After thinking it over for a bit I decided for as much as I love and am intrigued with ancienct egyptian mythology I would kick myself for not getting the full gameplay set for 220. Ive never late backed a game before. Its weird because it doesnt show up the same as my other projects in my kickstarter account. Im excited none the less.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 9th, 2020, 12:11 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

T-Rex,

Good for you. I late backed a couple of things last year when I found out about them after the KS. They worked out fine!
Old May 22nd, 2020, 09:50 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Being a nut for all of Richard Borg's Commands & Colors games, the KS is now up for Commands & Colors Tricorne: Jacobite Rising

I've been going back and forth on this one, but now that I got to see the rules, which includes the scenarios and photos of most of the graphics, it looks like a really sweet package! Its a simple offering that saves you money on the MSRP, probably even with shipping to the USA. (Edit: I backed and saved $9).

The Scottish Rebellion of 1745 is something of a cult topic-- +1 if you're of Scots or English descent, or a history buff or TV's Outlander fan!

Last edited by chas; May 25th, 2020 at 10:31 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 09:55 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I backed Tiny Epic Pirates on day one. I was pretty impressed with Tiny Epic Tactics and Tiny Epic Galaxies and I thought Tiny Epic Defenders was also good, so Gamelyn Games has a good track record with me and the mechanics and theme looked neat.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 25th, 2020, 12:44 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I backed Tiny Epic Pirates on day one. I was pretty impressed with Tiny Epic Tactics and Tiny Epic Galaxies and I thought Tiny Epic Defenders was also good, so Gamelyn Games has a good track record with me and the mechanics and theme looked neat.
I backed it also, but then later realised how much it costs with the exchange rate & international postage & had to cancel my pledge. TEP does look nice & I will keep my eye out for it when it hits my shores.

Sadly I can buy a large box game locally for the same price & I'm trying not to spend any more money on games. (Trying be the operative word ) I do like the Tiny Epic games & it is a shame that I have had to miss out on the Dinosaurs & Pirates because of price.
Old May 25th, 2020, 03:31 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I backed it also, but then later realised how much it costs with the exchange rate & international postage & had to cancel my pledge. TEP does look nice & I will keep my eye out for it when it hits my shores.

Sadly I can buy a large box game locally for the same price & I'm trying not to spend any more money on games. (Trying be the operative word ) I do like the Tiny Epic games & it is a shame that I have had to miss out on the Dinosaurs & Pirates because of price.
Yeesh! At least it's not a kickstarter exclusive, really, so you can still pick it up later. Not much later than when I'll actually get my KS copy, I imagine?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 26th, 2020, 09:22 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Hel The Last Saga. Less than 5 hours to go and just over $2 million. Same company that made my beloved Joan of Arc.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 26th, 2020, 11:50 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Another update from Hyperspace says that their factory is still completely silent. And they found a news story saying that millions more factory workers in china have been laid off again. Really was looking forward to this game the end of this year, but I'm assuming it'll be delayed at least a year by this point. Obviously it sucks more for the workers over there, but it IS a warning to other kickstarters. I'm not backing any other bigger games until I hear a good report from Hyperspace, since this could happen to anything else.
Old May 26th, 2020, 02:33 PM

Doop knows what's in an order marker Doop knows what's in an order marker

Any idea who they were using as their manufacturer?
Old May 26th, 2020, 02:53 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doop View Post
Any idea who they were using as their manufacturer?
I'd have to dig it up, but it's scary. It's Peterson Games too, a company I know and trust, so definitely know it's not just BS.
Old May 26th, 2020, 07:29 PM

Doop knows what's in an order marker Doop knows what's in an order marker

I was just curious since every other KS I've backed has had updates from their factories in the past couple of months (between white boxes to digital proofs, etc.) So it's odd that they hit this issue, so I was wondering if maybe they used some small factory most other companies don't use.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games