Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 31st, 2018, 01:24 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sub-Zero (Public Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Lazy said she thought he felt more in the 210 range after the recent updates, and you were playing him at 230, so was it possible you just felt he was underwhelming for the point investment at 230?
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
because I'd hate to see him become 100% gamble on everything he does, when the benefits from each are something others don't even have to gamble for.
This is my issue, he's had some big nerfs during play-testing and now there are a bunch of figures right around where he should be coming in that do very similar things to him except they're either doing them guaranteed (which is a huge difference), doing them better, or both. Black Manta is another one I didn't mention but operates in a lot of the same territory but is just generally better at it. Right now the only thing Subs really has as his own niche is he can screw with D-20 defense powers better than Katana usually can, but 'Spider-Man counterdraft' seems like a weird place for him to get his value from.

Wasn't there a version of Ice Clone that was basically the Forcefield X power with an auto wound attached if the attacker was adjacent to him? That would be the first change I'd try. It's hardly outside the power level of a 200 and something point figure (Wizard gets Forcefield X at 140), and it gives him a more unique feel. Feels a touch closer to how the clone works in the game too to me.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 31st, 2018, 02:16 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I actually think the defensive ability is fine as-is, it’s the offensive side that feels like he’s outmatched by other figures with similar mechanics. If we were to upgrade or rework something, let it be his offensive effectiveness imo. The guaranteed stop an attack and auto-wound leads to more negative experience than interesting dynamic.
Old May 31st, 2018, 02:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Maybe take a look at making the slide power have more of a role to play. Soundwarp seemed to consider it an afterthought, do lets make it something that stands out a bit more.
Old May 31st, 2018, 02:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

SLIDE 3
After moving normally with Sub-Zero, Sub-Zero may use Slide. Move Sub-Zero up to 3 spaces in a straight line. When using Slide, Sub-Zero may move through all figures and never takes leaving engagement attacks. When attacking a figure without the flying special power Sub-Zero moved through this turn, you may count all blanks rolled as skulls.

How does something like that look? After moving so he can use it more often, only terrain elevation changes and obstacles can keep him form sliding through anyone he encounters. All blanks = skulls so it has a bigger impact, that makes his 4 attack dice hit at a 66% rate. Flying figures just hop over him though without being effected so it does have a counter.
Old May 31st, 2018, 04:08 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
SLIDE 3
After moving normally with Sub-Zero, Sub-Zero may use Slide. Move Sub-Zero up to 3 spaces in a straight line. When using Slide, Sub-Zero may move through all figures and never takes leaving engagement attacks. When attacking a figure without the flying special power Sub-Zero moved through this turn, you may count all blanks rolled as skulls.

How does something like that look? After moving so he can use it more often, only terrain elevation changes and obstacles can keep him form sliding through anyone he encounters. All blanks = skulls so it has a bigger impact, that makes his 4 attack dice hit at a 66% rate. Flying figures just hop over him though without being effected so it does have a counter.
I like this. It keeps that strategic movement element in tact while giving him a lot more viability. He might need a movement drop to compensate, or a restriction on using this version of the power once per round.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 31st, 2018, 08:53 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Perhaps we need to double down on defense disruption instead of adding attack power. I like the idea that Sub's focus is on getting around or denying his opponents a full defense. It feels more like a Cryomancer Assassin.

Maybe make the Slide have a defense reduction of 1? You freeze and slide netting you a -3. Or you may just end up with -1 or -2 if you don't get both? Idk. Maybe a re-roll all shields mechanic for the Slide and have it take place right after you attack?
Old June 1st, 2018, 04:17 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Perhaps we need to double down on defense disruption instead of adding attack power. I like the idea that Sub's focus is on getting around or denying his opponents a full defense. It feels more like a Cryomancer Assassin.

Maybe make the Slide have a defense reduction of 1? You freeze and slide netting you a -3. Or you may just end up with -1 or -2 if you don't get both? Idk. Maybe a re-roll all shields mechanic for the Slide and have it take place right after you attack?
How about something like subtract 1 shield from whatever is rolled?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 1st, 2018, 08:54 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

That's more powerful than -1 to defense.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 1st, 2018, 09:18 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

That's more powerful than -1 to defense.
I'm aware of that, but he was also suggesting a 're-roll all shields' mechanic, which I'd argue it's (probably - there's a major factor of randomness) less powerful than. Honestly, I'm just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 1st, 2018, 10:19 AM

Those all may be a bit drastic, but I ultimately agree with Soundwarp in that everything he does feels like it has a limitation/gamble/failure chance in it, yet the results are all things others get without the gamble factor.

Personally, the Ice Clone works for me as-is, as he has 5 defense with 5 life which is standard for the point level he's slotted for, so the Ice Clone doesn't need to be the guarantee to me. I could do without the "X" reveal, but that's been included simply for Scorpion's thing, which meh, but we've crossed that bridge already.

Ice Blast and Slide are the things I'd polish up a bit to make them better. Either take the gamble factor out, or up the ultimate result for pulling them off to make the benefit greater than what others are getting by default.

Simple small tweaks would be preferred, to not have to redo testing all over again. If we make a small enough tweak, one more set should be sufficient.
Old June 1st, 2018, 10:28 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Those all may be a bit drastic, but I ultimately agree with Soundwarp in that everything he does feels like it has a limitation/gamble/failure chance in it, yet the results are all things others get without the gamble factor.

Personally, the Ice Clone works for me as-is, as he has 5 defense with 5 life which is standard for the point level he's slotted for, so the Ice Clone doesn't need to be the guarantee to me. I could do without the "X" reveal, but that's been included simply for Scorpion's thing, which meh, but we've crossed that bridge already.

Ice Blast and Slide are the things I'd polish up a bit to make them better. Either take the gamble factor out, or up the ultimate result for pulling them off to make the benefit greater than what others are getting by default.

Simple small tweaks would be preferred, to not have to redo testing all over again. If we make a small enough tweak, one more set should be sufficient.
I prefer the idea of boosting the reward rather than removing the gamble - the fact that you have to actively do things and they aren't guaranteed to work feels more fitting for a fighting game character, to me.
Honestly, I'd still be in favour of just boosting his Attack to 5, letting his powers stand as is and make him feel a bit deadlier when his Ice Blast and/or Slide pay off, and a little less disappointing when they don't.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 1st, 2018, 10:41 AM

I wouldn't be opposed to that. Another avenue is to make Slide add an auto-skull rather than a blank = skull.

A -2 to your opponent's defense + an attack of 4 + auto-skull would be worth the setup IMO.

If we feel the setup for Slide is too much(I didn't find it that hard to setup in my games), we could change it to an after moving thing that was suggested before and drop his regular move to 4.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library