Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 20th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
The Book of Chase Stein

The Book of Chase Stein

C3G MARVEL WAVE 27
YOUNG MARVELS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figures used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the Hammer of Thor set.
Its model number and name is #019 / Chase Stein.

Character Bio - Expectations are high for any teenager - to get good grades, to get a good job, to succeed. Chase Stein could never live up to these standards, and the fact his parents were super-scientists, and abusive, and actually planning on bringing out the apocalypse as members of the villainous Pride, didn't help. As the oldest, toughest, and street-smartest of the Runaways, Chase's support has proved invaluable to the team time and time again - as has the technology stolen from his parents' lab, including x-ray goggles and the handheld arsenals called the Fistigons.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Chase rolls 1 additional attack die when engaged and adjacent to a Runaway you control, and other Runaways you control cannot be attacked by figures engaged with Chase. Current Runaways.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:14 PM. Reason: png
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Chase Stein (Design Phase)

NAME = CHASE STEIN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RUNAWAY
PERSONALITY = BRASH

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 120

X-RAY VISION

Before moving, if Chase is not engaged, you may look at the power side of any one Glyph that is Symbol Side up.

FISTIGON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3 + Special. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. If Chase did not move this turn, you may also choose 2 spaces in a straight line from the targeted figure. If you do, all figures on those spaces are also affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Figures with the Fire Weakness special power and figures occupying a water space roll 1 fewer defense die against this special attack.

RUNAWAY GUARDIAN
If Chase is adjacent to another Runaway you control and is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 1 to his normal attack and subtract 1 from his defense. Figures engaged with Chase cannot attack Runaways without the Runaway Guardian special power.

Last edited by johnny139; March 21st, 2018 at 08:31 PM.
Never CoN a CoN man

Comic Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 20th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Another piece falls into place! To explain theme off the bat: Chase is the "big brother" character, often taking hits for the rest of the team, out of a combination of showing off and legitimately doing his best to protect them. He's armed with Fistigons, which are fancy super science gloves that shoot fire, blasts of electricity, and missiles.

He also gets jet boots later on down the line. I didn't include them here, but if we think it necessary, I wouldn't be against adding Leap 12 or something along those lines. EDIT: Oh, and he also has x-ray goggles, but that didn't seem important enough to include either.

I tried to put the synergy together as per our new guidelines... but I'll let the experts judge if I did a good enough job.
Old November 20th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
RUNAWAY GUARDIAN
If Chase is adjacent to another Runaway you control and is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 1 to his normal attack and subtract 1 from his defense. Figures engaged with Chase cannot attack Runaways without the Runaway Decoy special power.
I assume you meant Runaway Guardian here. Also, should it be Runaway Hero you control?
Old November 20th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I was going to say that Runaway Guardian (which says Decoy in the text, by the way) doesn't work with Daring Decoy, but on second thought it works fine. I really like how you worked that power. to the whole write-up from me. I think you really captured the character perfectly.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 20th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
RUNAWAY GUARDIAN
If Chase is adjacent to another Runaway you control and is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 1 to his normal attack and subtract 1 from his defense. Figures engaged with Chase cannot attack Runaways without the Runaway Decoy special power.
I assume you meant Runaway Guardian here. Also, should it be Runaway Hero you control?
That's a good question - I originally had "Unique Runaway Hero" in this power (among others), but since I severely doubt we'll ever be releasing any Runaways outside of the actual team members, I figured I'd trim text a bit.

Do we think that's wise? There's nothing about these powers that would break with a hypothetical Common Runaway Squad, but it's definitely a departure from our norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I was going to say that Runaway Guardian (which says Decoy in the text, by the way) doesn't work with Daring Decoy, but on second thought it works fine. I really like how you worked that power. to the whole write-up from me. I think you really captured the character perfectly.
Thanks - I actually have a PM from you like three or four years ago saved in my inbox with a bunch of tweaks and suggestions about my Runaway write-ups, so the Fistigon Special Attack is actually half yours.

And yeah, with Runaway Guardian, it's really just a matter of being vigilant with future Runaways. It's such a small group that I don't think it'll be an issue.
Old November 20th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Thanks - I actually have a PM from you like three or four years ago saved in my inbox with a bunch of tweaks and suggestions about my Runaway write-ups, so the Fistigon Special Attack is actually half yours.
Heh, I remember that PM, but I don't remember most of the tweaks I suggested. It was just after I first read Runaways and I was excited to see that someone higher ranked than me (I think I was an Ally and you were a Sidekick at the time) had an interest in the Runaways. I've been waiting a long time for these guys!

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old November 20th, 2015, 08:00 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Don't know the character well, but looks good.

Quote:
I tried to put the synergy together as per our new guidelines... but I'll let the experts judge if I did a good enough job.
You only missed a few things: the "Current Runaways" links should include current (even though we can't link to anything yet), as a figure with a SA weakness, and the benefit against Fire Weakness, otherwise good job.

Quote:

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old November 20th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Love it! Very thematic, very cool.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old November 20th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
RUNAWAY GUARDIAN
That's a good question - I originally had "Unique Runaway Hero" in this power (among others), but since I severely doubt we'll ever be releasing any Runaways outside of the actual team members, I figured I'd trim text a bit.

Do we think that's wise? There's nothing about these powers that would break with a hypothetical Common Runaway Squad, but it's definitely a departure from our norm.
I could go either way on the hero thing, but I think you missed my initial question which was: did you intend for the red words to be the power title or as they read?
Old November 20th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Oh, yeah, it should be "Guardian" all the way through. Changed the title as Decoy seemed a bit off thematically. Will update when the breathing period is up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library