Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old October 15th, 2007, 09:52 PM

brunakor has disabled reputation
Grimnak vs Tornak again

Well you are right about that. Chomp is well effective. And tornak needs warriors. But I have extremely bad luck when I defend my Grimnak from my brothers' armies. Tornak is usually the longer lasting one, and harder to beat. But chomp really does a good job at taking down your enemy's squads. So that's another advantage to look for when drafting Grimnak!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ic.php?t=16850

My scenario! Warcraft fans unite!!!! A new way to play Warcraft and Heroscape!!!
Old October 28th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Don't forget that Grimnak has Chomp and still gets to attack, so that's two potential attacks per turn - especially if it's against squads.

I just found the booster pack containing Tornak yesterday and can't wait to try him out :banana:

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old November 29th, 2007, 02:43 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Tornak is a must have HS figure specially if you like orcs. For instance, it is worth the same as Marcus DG, but has more movement, more attack and more defense (it does have less lives). Additionally, its enhancement ability can influence more units given its larger size and includes defense and attack enhancement and not just attack. Everytime I play orcs I choose Tornak. Not using Tornak with Blade and Heavy Gruts would be worse than playing the Roman Legionaires without Marcus DG. They were made for each other. If you take Tornak and Heavy Gruts vs. Marcus DG and the Roman Legionaires, it comes down to tactics and the roll of the dice but the disengaging ability gives the Orcs a little edge and partially explains the point diferential between the Heavy Gruts and the Legionaires. You can move and take position more freely, retreat and regroup. I would bet that the orcs would win more than 50% of the time. For instance, if you surround Marcus DG or a Legionaire, he would risk leaving engagement attacks, while you can move Tornak and the orcs more freely to gain some advantage, mitigate a risk, etc. In other words: Tornak + Blade/Heavy Gruts = trouble. Sneaky SOBs those are.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
When they say Tornak is a lesser leader, what is that in comparison to? Is he lesser than Grimnak? Maybe thats the case since he gets the tiny dinosaur. But his skills make him appear equal. Does this mean that both Grimnak and Tornak are minor leaders, and there are greater leaders to come?

This is kind of a pointless rant, sorry if it doesn't belong in the books, but I didn't think it needed a new thread.
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:41 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Tornak

This guy is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to Wave 1 Re-release.
Was anyone every tried him with a viking spirit? His stats look like if one were just put over the edge, he'd be on Grimnaks level.
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Tornak is best as a mid to late game figure in my experience, running around and mopping up the remnants of the enemy forces. Grimnak is a good first wave, especially backed up by Nerak and some Heavies.

I very rarely design my strategies around viking spirits. Especially in this case, drafting a viking usually comes along with some Knights of Weston or MacDirks, and those units would be pretty redundant in an army with Blades or Heavies already in it.

One of my favorite 500/550 point armies to play in casual games is 4x Heavy Gruts, Grimnak, and Tornak. Add in Nerak if it bumps up to 550. All of that bonding and disengage give you a lot of options, and I don't feel too bad playing it because it's all melee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 11th, 2010, 08:36 PM

chispito is surprisingly tart

Tornak was key in a three-for-all "steal the bacon" I played about a year ago. Because we had a rule in which fliers were grounded if they picked up the bacon, Tornak sprinted in and out with it with ease. Winning army was:

heavies x2 140
blades x3 120
grimnak 120
tornak 100
480 points, 24 spaces

Consider also how effortlessly he can bypass Gladiatrons. His low HP is his only real vulnerability.
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:28 PM

Red Drake is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Having not many figures i anticipate my army suggestions will not be good...

tornak 100
grimnak 120
blade gruts x3 120
Deathreavers x2 80
finn 80

this army has been good and i have won the only 2 times i have used it but i expect it would not fare so well against a heavy ranged squad on height
Old May 31st, 2018, 10:33 PM

UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker UberQ9 knows what's in an order marker

As a figure with a tricky personality, Tornak can allow Otonashi to use her Tricky Speed 4 power.
Old December 16th, 2019, 04:25 PM

Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker Blubberguy22 knows what's in an order marker

C3V and SoV custom synergies missing, and typo for synergy benefits offered.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - ORC WARRIOR ENHANCEMENT : Orc Warrior Units
    * Blade Gruts
    * Heavy Gruts

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units