Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:20 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Tornak

The Book of Tornak
Malliddon's Prophecy - Collection 1 - "Heroes of Bleakwoode"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: A lesser leader on the world of Grut, Tornak has earned the respect of allies and enemies alike on the war-torn battlefields of Valhalla. As with all Orc leaders, Tornak is fierce, tricky, unpredictable and mean, and is never above fighting dirty to win a battle. Tornak's aggressive battlefield tactics never fail to whip his troops into a frenzy and spur them on to even more vicious attacks and even
greater violence against their enemies.
(Hasbro)

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • BLADE GRUTS / HEAVY GRUTS : Orc Champion Bonding
    As an Orc champion, Tornak may benefit from Blade Gruts and Heavy Gruts ORC CHAMPION BONDING activation bonus.
  • ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Tornak may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
  • NERAK THE GLACIAN SWOG RIDER : Orc Defensive Aura 1
    As an Orc, Tornak may benefit from Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider’s ORC DEFENSIVE AURA 1 defense bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • ORC WARRIOR ENHANCEMENT : Orc Warrior Units
    • Blade Gruts
    • Heavy Gruts
  • Otonashi: As a figure with a tricky personality, Tornak can allow Otonashi to use her Tricky Speed 4 power.

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Tornak- Though easy to kill, a melee fight with Heavy Gruts and Tornak is nothing to laugh at. C+

Tornak
Purposes? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=898
Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by lefton4ya; September 24th, 2020 at 10:15 AM.
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:04 PM

riledguy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
I personally feel that tornak's five defense is somehow much better than my samurai's five defence. Not sure why.
Maybe because with that crazy good movement he is often at height so that 5 def becomes 6.

Three life with 6 defense is going to take a few shots to take down.
Old May 24th, 2007, 02:52 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Finally got this guy and I think he's pretty cool. Send out your first wave of orcs with Grimnak to do as much chomping as possible, then Tornak fills the gap when Chompy goes down. With his 7 move, your front line shouldn't be left without their bonus for long. Currenly I've got this army:

140 Heavy Gruts x2
120 Grimnak
100 Tornak
140 4th Mass. Line x2

It might seem a bit mixed up, but it's fun to play.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:08 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by riledguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
I personally feel that tornak's five defense is somehow much better than my samurai's five defence. Not sure why.
Maybe because with that crazy good movement he is often at height so that 5 def becomes 6.

Three life with 6 defense is going to take a few shots to take down.
Its only one more move than the Samurai. Few people seem to realize this, but the Samurai actually have 6 move.

I've always leaned towards Chompy Jr. with the Blade Gruts. His move of 7 allows him to keep up with them much better than the big dino, especially over hilly terrain. I seem to get a more reliable bonus with more options for positioning. Now that the Heavy Gruts exist, I tend to make a clear cut on this. Blades go with Tornak, Heavies are for Grimnak.
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:10 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I think Tornak and his 5 defense and 7 movement make him a great figure to have, team him up with Nerak and you have then got a 6 defense disengagement machine!!!
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Finally got this guy and I think he's pretty cool. Send out your first wave of orcs with Grimnak to do as much chomping as possible, then Tornak fills the gap when...
Yeah, Tornak's a high-octane head pounder.
I tend to think I'm too aggressive with him. Just hard to resist with those types of stats not to get into the action with the Orc Champion.
Also feels reassuring to all orcs involved when the warriors move up adjacent to him in order to attack, and protect both themselves and Tornak with the Aura and the bodies shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Its only one more move than the Samurai. Few people seem to realize this, but the Samurai actually have 6 move.
Really? Where and when was this discovery made?
Old May 28th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Tornak has some great stats and he's a double-spaced figure with disengage which can make you get away from the feeling that he's going to get killed quickly because of his 3 life. He can also work with orc warriors well and is also very fast - 7 move. I always liked Tornak and thought he was great, but I never really use him because I don't play with an orc army that often.
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishop
On the "hit-zone" symbol on Tornak's card the extra little blades go up on his spear, however on my Tornak figure, the blades point down. Is everyone's like this or was the figure changed at some point along the way?
His spear probably got twisted. My Kelda and Raelin are rather messed up.

Also, Tornak is cool. He probably isn't quite worth 100 points most of the time, but it's pretty fun to have him scampering around the battlefield stabbing people from height.

Like Eclipse, I tend to think he's better suited to leading Blade Gruts, and Heavy Gruts are slow enough for Grimnak to keep up. The Heavy Gruts coming out so lo late (6 waves after Grimnak in RotV) allow me to cling onto the hope that they might release the Dreadguls in wave 9 or 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 10th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834
just a question, who do you prefer for an orc army Grimnak or Tornak?
Not sure if this question was directed toward me, but I'll bite.

I like them both, but it largely depends on what else I and my opponent have.

Blade Gruts? Likely Tornak.

Heavy Gruts? Likely Grimnak.

Does my opponent have expensive unique squads or medium heroes, or will my other units have trouble with these types? Likely Grimnak.

A more range-heavy opponent? Likely Tornak.

Then when all is said and done, I look at how many points I've got left and am probably forced into something I don't want anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 15th, 2007, 09:41 PM

brunakor has disabled reputation
Weeird...

What's strange is that Tornak is stronger than grimnak! When you thik about it, it's weird because grimnak came first, but he has lower defense and attack than tornak. And he's a huge t-rex riding ork! compared to a swift cool raptor rider, I think it's unfair. I'd love to hear what anyone else has to say about this. I'd make a new topic, but I don't think I'm allowed to do that.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ic.php?t=16850

My scenario! Warcraft fans unite!!!! A new way to play Warcraft and Heroscape!!!
Old October 15th, 2007, 09:46 PM

brunakor has disabled reputation
Grimnak vs Tornak

Well I know grimnak has chomp. It's a real good move, but what if you're up against unique heroes instead of squad figures? You'd have to roll alot for chomp, while the only rolling you need for tornak is his attack dice. Also, I believe Tornak has disengage, giving him another advantage over your opponent. So I think Tornak beat Grimnak again.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ic.php?t=16850

My scenario! Warcraft fans unite!!!! A new way to play Warcraft and Heroscape!!!
Old October 15th, 2007, 09:49 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Well, Grimnak is good against the thing that is more common nowadays... squads. Tornak, without multi-kill capability like Grimnak, does fairly poorly if he isn't next to his Gruts.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units