Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old August 20th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Unit Strategy Review - Zombies of Morindan

I think another figure who goes pretty well with the zombies is Morsbane. Because he has that "Shoot me!" pose that an be used to cover up a zombie, is protected by the horde and works wonders against those super strong heroes like Q9 Not attack-wise, but if he is being shot at by Q9, and is also supported by Raelin, the Zombies stat alive longer and your opponent may lose Queglix or other unique support.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 27th, 2010, 07:01 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dok again.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice write up Dok. Zombies are my favorite figures in all of scape. My biggest difficulty with them is pulling off the Onslaught. Smart players will position their figures in a place where I can not get 3 adjacent on the same level. The same level restriction can be brutal especially against heroes. This may have something to do with the maps we play on. I still shudder when I think about a match vs. Captain America. I ate so many shield throws it was not funny. Anyway great article, lots to munch on....Brains...brains...peace
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

To help you throw 6 dice per attack, I suggest Carr. His Ghostwalking lets him move through zombie engagements and to prime targets.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:42 PM

in2bator has disabled reputation

Just got 4 more squads of zombies today - looking forward to getting a massive hoard out on the board on Friday! Thanks for the light reading beforehand!

Good trades with SirGalahad, Nano*22, delphic, Talyn, Tartandoc, langfordrocks.
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:00 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I think another figure who goes pretty well with the zombies is Morsbane. Because he has that "Shoot me!" pose that an be used to cover up a zombie, is protected by the horde and works wonders against those super strong heroes like Q9 Not attack-wise, but if he is being shot at by Q9, and is also supported by Raelin, the Zombies stat alive longer and your opponent may lose Queglix or other unique support.
Morsbane is a nice option against the large/huge multiple attacking heroes, although he doesn't help much in the other bad matchups for the zombies.

Another, new option is the Fen Hydra. The Hydra is also nice because it also helps not only against the big multiple attacking heroes, but against tough melee squads and PKs (and Death Knights?). You're still hurting against WTF squads and probably the 'trons, but you could mitigate that by going with something like ratsx2, zombiesx4, Raelin, Hydra at 520.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
My biggest difficulty with them is pulling off the Onslaught. Smart players will position their figures in a place where I can not get 3 adjacent on the same level. The same level restriction can be brutal especially against heroes. This may have something to do with the maps we play on.
Yeah, onslaught denial is very map-dependent. I personally hate it - it feels like a bug that they fixed when they designed the encircle attack for the Ashigaru.

I love the zombies (and Tor-Kul-Na, who has similar issues with bumpy terrain), so I always take great care when designing maps to make them onslaught-friendly. On Hard Eight, for instance, there aren't any onslaught-proof hexes except a few on the edges that give up height advantage.

All of that said, remember that it's often to your advantage to use the zombies' normal attack, particularly if you can get height advantage.

Last edited by dok; September 1st, 2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:48 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Agreed. I once made a map that was all level one road with some jungle sprinkled in. No hexes safe from onslaught for one single hexed figure. No one would play me on it though. I am still hoping the DKs will have undead bonding or some other ability to boost the zombies. Long live (unlive?) the hoard. peace

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; October 14th, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:45 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I added Exoskeleton to the list of powers that make you use onslaught. If you use normal attacks, Exoskeleton is pretty brutal for zombies, because it accelerates zombie attrition. If you can use onslaught consistently the Mezzodemons are no problem at all, but if your opponent gets a couple Mezzodemons on onslaught-immune spots on relative high ground and you are forced to grind through the markers, it's a bad situation.

I also added Death Knights to the "problem figures" section, in the same entry as the Phantom Knights. To add insult to injury, the Death Knights bond with the Dumutef, who is also immune to zombies rise again.

Bugbears have a very very slight advantage on flat ground against un-boosted zombies - this is covered in the "very tough melee" entry. Adding goblin cutters to the mix doesn't help the bugbears at all, because the zombies can get a ton of adjacencies with horde movement to counter scurry and easily turn the cutters into more zombies. Similarly, Death Chasers are just zombies that haven't risen quite yet.
Old November 24th, 2010, 11:12 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Great article dok!

I totally agree with the whole "you need 4 squads at the minimum" thing.

My main issue with the zombies is... They're nearly impossible to find. We were able to trade for two squads. But now getting them without losing an arm is pretty tough. I recently saw a pack go for about $50 on ebay. I guess it could be worse.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old November 24th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
Great article dok!

My main issue with the zombies is... They're nearly impossible to find. We were able to trade for two squads. But now getting them without losing an arm is pretty tough. I recently saw a pack go for about $50 on ebay. I guess it could be worse.
If you have a bunch of Drones, Drudge, or any other kind of Marro, you can proxy them. You can even use the new Orc squads or Ashigaru, or pretty much anything you want.

Old November 24th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
Great article dok!

If you have a bunch of Drones, Drudge, or any other kind of Marro, you can proxy them. You can even use the new Orc squads or Ashigaru, or pretty much anything you want.
Great Idea! I might even make a custom Zombie Marro squad and make it have the same stats/abilities as Zombies of Moridian.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old November 27th, 2010, 02:19 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post

Great Idea! I might even make a custom Zombie Marro squad and make it have the same stats/abilities as Zombies of Moridian.
Yeah. I think M Drudge would be a decent substitute. It's just not the same though.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles