Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old October 3rd, 2016, 01:28 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
There can be only one

If you were stranded on a desert island with a few buddies, and only had one game to pass the time, what would you want it to be? It can be any board or miniatures game. Other than Heroscape please, as it went down with the ship.
-
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; October 3rd, 2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2016, 01:46 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!
Re: There can be only one

Robinson Crusoe, of course!!

Now seriously, my game would be Pandemic or perhaps Space Hulk. Depending on who I'm with.
Old October 3rd, 2016, 05:01 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

While I love a great many games, if I had to truly just have one to play, I'd probably pick Agricola, and hope it includes a healthy number of extra decks as expansions.

With several decks, Agricola has easily over several hundred occupations and minor improvements. In a draft setting, this makes every game just a little bit different while remaining highly competitive and captivating for me. I love playing on the app and getting to try to make new combos with various cards. I suspect I would grow tired with it, but it probably would be the thing that could keep me going the longest.

I also contemplated just saying Chess as I do continue to really enjoy Chess, but it can be tough to find opponents at the correct skill level to really make it worthwhile.

Summoner Wars briefly crossed my mind for a ton of variability, but I don't think that would do it for me.

Finally, Lord of the Rings LCG could potentially do it for me. Deckbuilding to take on a myriad of different quests offers a lot of reputability assuming I actually have all the expansions and options available to me.

Those were the ones that came to my mind. I guess the general idea is that the game play needs to be fairly in depth with complex, meaningful decisions and also tons of variability present to make each game feel different or to allow exploration of new and different strategies.

I would quickly tire or bore of stuff like Pandemic where the game basically plays out the same, and the moves to take are pretty much the same. Essentially if I could eventually build up an algorithm to play for me, and be reasonably competent like that, I will tire of playing. There needs to be interesting strategic decisions to evaluate or else I will tire of it.

Those are my thoughts at least. Will be interesting to see what others here post.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old October 3rd, 2016, 06:02 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I presume that we have access to all figures needed/wanted in the case of a miniature board game. So I shall say Warhammer 40k, it is by far my favorite miniature game (even over Heroscape).

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old October 3rd, 2016, 11:54 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Well if Heroscape is not an option... Probably Dungeons and Dragons!!

H E R O S C A P E
Old October 6th, 2016, 02:38 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

At the moment, as my collection is currently small and growing, Star Trek Catan was the first game to cross my mind, not only are the pieces durable and will last a long time, but it has more replayability than traditional Catan because of the introduction of character assist cards, but after 15 plays on an island, it might get boring. So then I thought harder and BattleCON: War of Indines came to mind. BattleCON has a lot more replayability than Star Trek Catan, and I really like the game, but none of my friends (That have played it.) or family like it. So then I figured Uno or Monopoly or just a standard deck of cards would do nicely. It would depend on who I'm with I suppose.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old October 6th, 2016, 10:53 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd say a standard deck of cards. You'd get the most bang for your buck. Of course I've see a list of all the games you could play with a deck of Rage cards including regular games so I'm going to change my answer to Rage just for the fact that I can play a ton of games with that deck.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 8th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Give me a set of dice and a Star Wars Saga Edition RPG Core Rulebook. I love playing in the SW universe and the d20 system was easy enough to pick up quickly and deep enough to enjoy several playthroughs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games