Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old October 17th, 2012, 12:40 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun
Official Site Question Dump

Hey all,

Since so many of us out there have questions dealing with the site, and since the Official FAQ Question Dump isn't exactly the appropriate place to ask those questions, I(we) thought it would be a good idea to make an Official Site Question Dump!

In this thread you would ask any question dealing with the site, whether it be: how to work the search functions, what's a site supporter, or any other question dealing with the site.

Just like the Official FAQ Question Dump, grammar and spelling can be lax, but please, try and make your post as clear as possible.

Also, just like in the Official FAQ Question Dump anyone is free to answer questions.

I'll start this off with my question.

Porkachu's Customs
by kolakoski
I've always wondered why when I try to click a user name (in this case kolakoski), it will bring me to an entirely different profile. Any idea's?

Thanks!

~JS

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; October 17th, 2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old October 17th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Official Site Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Porkachu's Customs
by kolakoski
I've always wondered why when I try to click a user name (in this case kolakoski), it will bring me to an entirely different profile. Any idea's?
I don't know where you got your link from, but it looks like it simply points to the wrong URL. For example:
kolakoski is right, but kolakoski is wrong. When you hover your pointer over the link, you probably will see in the lower corner (or somewhere, depending on the browser) the entire URL that the link goes to. You can see that they are different in my two examples. Whoever created the link that you got may have just put the wrong URL in.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:04 PM

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Porkachu's Customs
by kolakoski
I don't know where you got your link from, but it looks like it simply points to the wrong URL. For example:
kolakoski is right, but kolakoski is wrong. When you hover your pointer over the link, you probably will see in the lower corner (or somewhere, depending on the browser) the entire URL that the link goes to. You can see that they are different in my two examples. Whoever created the link that you got may have just put the wrong URL in.

Thanks!
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I'm afraid that people will use this as the normal Question Dump by accident. Any way we could mix up the title a little bit? When I saw the title I thought someone started up the Question Dump again, when we already have one.
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I'm afraid that people will use this as the normal Question Dump by accident. Any way we could mix up the title a little bit? When I saw the title I thought someone started up the Question Dump again, when we already have one.
Any idea for a new title? And how would I edit the title?
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure at the moment.

I guess this is maybe the best title that can be made. You'll still have to watch out for people wanting to ask questions that belong in the normal Question Dump.

EDIT: You can edit a title by clicking on Edit, Go Advanced.
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess this is maybe the best title that can be made. You'll still have to watch out for people wanting to ask questions that belong in the normal Question Dump.
Right then, thanks for the warning.

EDIT: Thanks!
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think that even with the possible confusion in titles, if widely used this thread would be useful as a clearinghouse for site questions. Comparing the two titles, the bigger problem is with the other thread's title--it would be better described as the "Official Rules Question Dump."

Barring generating a FAQ for the site itself, this thread could become a "one stop shop" for answering most newbie questions, and even some harder ones (e.g., Joseph's first example). The trick is getting it widely used, so everybody, start asking your questions about the site and answering those you know too!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; October 17th, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old October 17th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

EDIT: You can edit a title by going to the first post in the thread and clicking on Edit, Go Advanced.
Made that a bit more thorough for you.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 29th, 2012, 09:01 AM

EDIT: NVM, I managed to fix it. Thanks anyhow.

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; November 29th, 2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:55 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart

I have a question. What is the definitive list of all the badges that one can earn in the HS community? I know of site supporter, but what are the others?

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:33 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by onibaku06 View Post
I have a question. What is the definitive list of all the badges that one can earn in the HS community? I know of site supporter, but what are the others?
I believe this is all of them, but I might have forgot a couple.
  • Site Supporter
  • Administrator
  • C3V Customs
  • C3V Outer Sanctum
  • C3V Emeritus
  • C3G Customs
  • SoV Judge
  • SoV Emeritus
  • BoV Judge
  • BoV Emeritus
  • Online HS
  • Unit Strategy Review
  • Rules Team
  • Codex Staff
  • BoM Judge
  • WotC Staff Member
Edit: I forgot Scenario Writers, oh well 17/18 isn't bad.

Edit: I also forgot Contributor,Week@HSers and Event Planner, I guess there was more then I thought.

Last edited by infectedsloth; December 2nd, 2012 at 11:45 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online