Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old April 21st, 2009, 04:27 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
The Untouchables

Let's pretend that before Marvelscape was released, you were given the opportunity to fine tune any of the figures. What changes would you have made?

I probably would've made changes to every figure except Capt America, but I'll only bore you with my Iron Man changes. I would've added another attack that attacked at a range and damaged the target and all adjacent figures. Probably Attack 3. Range 6. I would've left everything else the same.

What changes, if any, would you make?
Old April 21st, 2009, 05:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Untouchables

I'm moving this to the Marvel Discussion forum, where I feel it fits better, since this isn't pertaining to any specific customs and seems to be more of an "open to discussion" type feel.
That said, I really like Captain America as is. I like Spidey thematically, though I might up his power a bit as he feels a bit weak now. Iron Man could use more of an arsenal. Hulk I think is sweet and complete. Silver Surfer as well - I couldn't ask for anything more from him.
Red Skull - love the powers and the theme, but sometimes I wish he were less delicate. Still, I think he's best as is. Venom I wouldn't mind seeing something more related to the symbiote and something to differentiate him more from Spidey. I do like, though, how despite how similar they seem, how differently they play. Thanos I like very much as is. Abomination is OK as is, but I don't think he's that exciting a character anyway, so I don't think there's much more to be done. Dr. Doom I think is great, but I'd like him to have another power in there, b/c I feel like Dr. Doom is so much bigger and nastier than that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 21st, 2009, 06:25 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I'd do some point adjusting and give them some powers that can deal with squads more.

Hulk - Maybe price him at 340 pts?
Thanos - Maybe price him at 330 pts?
Silver Surfer - Fine as is.
Abomination - Fine as is.
Dr. Doom - Allow his to mind swap with any unique army card, hero OR squad.
Iron Man - Maybe an Overextend Attack (like Alastair and Eldgrim) to represent his heart condition, and to show his resourcefulness in a pinch.
Captain America - Lower his attack to 4 or 5, lower price to 200 or 210 pts.
Red Skull - Allow him to give orders to unique squads as well as unique heroes.
Spider-man - Fine as is.
Venom - Price him at 160 pts.
Old April 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

First and foremost, I would give them equal stats and point values with existing Heroscape characters (Hulk=Jotun, Spiderman=Ninjas of the Northern Wind, etc.), so that they "fit" with Classic Scape better. Overall, I love the special powers and abilities given to each character, so I suppose I would simply tone down their base stats to trim down their point values and maybe get rid of some of the lesser specials attacks/abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old April 21st, 2009, 09:30 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would be sad to see any of them taken down any in power.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; April 23rd, 2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:28 PM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart

They are perfect how they are. Marvel Universe > Heroscape Universe as far as power. I remember the developers of Marvel Heroscape saying that the main point of the game was to roll a lot of Dice. They accomplished that.

As far as changing special abilities and powers:

I would have liked more of a leap from Venom either higher (more than 40) or longer (5 or 6).

Spiderman attack of 5. He seems so weak for 160 points, even though %50 of the time he avoids attacks. Plus you give up 1 attack die for his webbing to get -1 defense. Only way it's useful is if he can't get adjacent.

Ironman sucks as far as being thematic, but I don't know what I would do with him. Plus why only 4 life? Even with 6 Defense he just doesn't last that long in the game it seems for him to be worth 240.

Doctor Doom's special only works %20 of the time and while it is game changing (especially according to the Battlefield) but Doom needs some more spice. I'd just give him some kind of avoid death ability like he had a doombot there or something. Also see Ironman with only 4 life.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 12:30 AM

Spidey's special attack is also useful for getting around powers like Thorian Speed and Counterstrike. Never underestimate the usefulness of a special attack.

Old April 26th, 2009, 04:28 PM

I'd love to see more thoughts from people on this issue! Once we get the ball rolling, there's always the possibility that the C3G will explore a makeover of the Marvel Masterset.

Old April 26th, 2009, 04:44 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wish Hulk had his sonic clap. Short range OM removing power.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old April 26th, 2009, 04:50 PM

I could totally see that for Hulk! Cool idea. Anyone have any ideas on powers for Iron Man? I really think he could use more flavor. An explosive attack would be OK, but I'd love some sort of repulsor ray type of power. No idea what the possible mechanics for that would be, though.
I also wouldn't mind seeing Spidey with an offensive power that was more thematic feeling than just a -1 on defense. I love spidey sense and his web swinging, but not in love with his special attack right now.

Old April 26th, 2009, 05:35 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have an idea for IM, I'll share laterz.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old April 26th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would like to see Abomination with a special similar to Hulk's Rage Smash. It makes no sense to give it to one and not the other. Obviously, this would bump up Abom's points, but I think the two should be closer equals.

Also, Iron Man needs something else. I don't know what, perhaps some sort of Mechanical Repair that gives him life back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion