Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 27th, 2007, 10:14 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation
"Untapped Power" - Random Ability Idea

I suppose this belongs here as opposed to "Other Customs". I was just sitting around the other day and though of a random ability to give to a figure. I may use it eventually, but feel free to try it out on one of your customs if you like.

Untapped Power: When [unit] rolls blanks count those blanks as additional skulls, if attacking. Or additional shields, if defending.

It seems that this would go to an elf wizard in my mind, but use how you want to.

Please give some feed back!
Old October 27th, 2007, 10:17 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
If what I'm reading is correct, why roll the dice in the first place since you always get skulls and shields?

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old October 27th, 2007, 10:19 PM

Well, it would just be for the one figure, not for everyone. Most likely a 3/2 unit or something that wouldn't break the game. It doesn't turn shield to skulls or anything.
Old October 27th, 2007, 10:21 PM

Nos13 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-fi Messiah
Well, it would just be for the one figure, not for everyone. Most likely a 3/2 unit or something that wouldn't break the game. It doesn't turn shield to skulls or anything.
Yes, but with different synergies, auras, height advantage, gyphs...

Even little guys can get to become pretty powerful...

Nos13 is a judge...
For the TNT Customs!
Customs!
Old October 27th, 2007, 10:26 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su_Nan
If what I'm reading is correct, why roll the dice in the first place since you always get skulls and shields?
He's using it with white dice, not red'n'blues. So it's really just doing what HamTaro and Ornak's auras do at the same time.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 27th, 2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
He's using it with white dice, not red'n'blues. So it's really just doing what HamTaro and Ornak's auras do at the same time.
Oh yeah, I didn't even think how this would affect red and blue dice. I completely forgot. My bad. Probably a bad ability when you put it that way.
Old October 27th, 2007, 10:38 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
I always use red and blue all the time, so the way I read it is that when you roll a red dice you either get a skull or a blank which means everytime its a skull. Now if you wanted it to work, all you have to do is make a statement that says you have to roll white dice when making the attack or defending.

Old October 27th, 2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I always use red and blue all the time, so the way I read it is that when you roll a red dice you either get a skull or a blank which means everytime its a skull. Now if you wanted it to work, all you have to do is make a statement that says you have to roll white dice when making the attack or defending.
I don't even have any red and blues, just the whites, which have faded from their respective faces and are now red and blue squares via my Sharpie collection. I suppose it would work well for me making a custom to play with friends and such. But as a universal ability I can see its failure.
Old October 27th, 2007, 10:53 PM

ReqMan is surprisingly tart
Or, you could change it to read..

Untapped Power: When attacking or defending, [unit] may use Valkyrie dice. Each Valkyrie symbol rolled counts as an additional skull when attacking, or shield when defending.

Of course it assumes you have the Valkyrie dice... (are the white ones the same but with a blank side rather than a symbol?)
Old October 27th, 2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReqMan
Or, you could change it to read..

Untapped Power: When attacking or defending, [unit] may use Valkyrie dice. Each Valkyrie symbol rolled counts as an additional skull when attacking, or shield when defending.

Of course it assumes you have the Valkyrie dice... (are the white ones the same but with a blank side rather than a symbol?)
Nope, don't have any Valkyrie dice either. And yes you are correct, three skulls, two shields and one blank.
Old October 27th, 2007, 11:03 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
They can be referred to as "combat dice." Red dice are "attack dice" and blue dice are "defense dice."

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 27th, 2007, 11:04 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
How about this version:

Untapped Power: When attacking and defending, if you roll all blanks, each blank counts for an additional hit or an additional block.

Basically its a twisted verions of maul. Instead of rolling all skulls for maul to activate, you roll all blanks for Untapped Power to activate. Now Untapped Power doesn't go through defense like Maul does, but you get the idea.

It really makes the blue dice that much more effective than the red dice and vice versa, but it also has the same effect when using white dice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards