Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 16th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Weapons not yet in HeroScape

I was thinking about this today for some reason. What are the weapons not (yet) found in HeroScape?

There are, obviously, lots of little fiddly bits, such as various knives or throwing stars or things. But what are the major categories missing?

For instance, there are, I think, no crossbows in HeroScape to date.

There are no bazookas, either, although we have hand grenades.

Of course there is no artillery, because we are talking about weapons that one person (giant, dragon, big ugly guy) can carry. So, no anti-ballistic missile defense, and no ballistic missiles either.

There are no maces, although the Sentinels have war hammers.

There are plenty of swords, lances, cleavers, axes, arrows, and stuff like that. (Someone should make a "definitive list" of the weapons.)

So, what, aside from bare hands, dragon swoops, and magical spells, am I missing? What weapons does HeroScape need?
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:45 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Excellent topic Rev.

One weapon I would like to see that has not been implemented yet would be a Flame Thrower. I guess you can say Mimring has the closest thing to one, but it would be pretty cool to have some futuristic robots/aliens with some heat.

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Argent has disabled reputation
Crossbows and maces would be great. The Knights need crossbowmen, and another squad of knights could have men with maces, or maybe a squad of egyptians.

I wouldn't mind seeing staves. We have spears and magic staves, but how about just a regular bo staff? Would be cool for a squad of monks, maybe.

I had also thought about spiked shields, like the targ. something to cause damage on a "Sheild Bash" or charge type of move. Or maybe add some risk to attacking that figure. Like counterstrike.

Argent is Alexander Ravenhurst, Librarian, in The Menagerie.
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
Ones, that I have seen lack of.

Nunchuks
Slingshots
Pellet guns
BB guns
Sling
swiss army knife
tazzer
boomerang
blow gun

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:46 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
Excellent topic Rev.

One weapon I would like to see that has not been implemented yet would be a Flame Thrower. I guess you can say Mimring has the closest thing to one, but it would be pretty cool to have some futuristic robots/aliens with some heat.
I agree, and that could be the perfect excuse for a Range 2 unit.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Squad support weapons-Tripod mounted weapon teams would be cool.

Flying Guillotines!! (any remember that martial arts classic?)

Mines and Minelayers of some type (not including glyphs).

Newb.
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:48 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
GENTLEMEN...

Flaming arrows.

Dr. Weirdscaper is Kahn the Fire Death Knight in: World of WEIRDSCAPER.
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Wow! Such quick responses. And we should remember that the Yo-Yo was originally a weapon as well.
<laughing at the thought of a Yo-You squad in the jungle trees.>
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:51 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
What about the fabled Shillelagh, or bolas? Both of these are totally feasible.

DWARVES!
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland
What about the fabled Shillelagh, or bolas? Both of these are totally feasible.
I like both of these, too, Roland. Nicely done. The folks over at Hasbro are going to have to thank us for brain-storming this.
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:56 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
GENTLEMEN...

Chainsaw.

Dr. Weirdscaper is Kahn the Fire Death Knight in: World of WEIRDSCAPER.
Old October 16th, 2007, 02:02 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
Excellent topic Rev.

I agree, and that could be the perfect excuse for a Range 2 unit.
Range 2? He didn't say a bic lighter and a can of hairspray.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion