Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: Did you find this article useful and/or informative?
Yes. 391 93.32%
No. 28 6.68%
Voters: 419. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 19th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: What's in an Order Marker?

So... more previews.

I'm thinking that Sujoah is either a shark or cleanup figure, but the spiders are giving me trouble. On the one hand, they seem to be designed to tie down enemy figures with engagement and their special, and they have low attack, but they also have low defense and high movement. They also seem too cheap to be Menacers, and they don't have enough bonding options to be Bread and Butter. Could they be the first common cleanup squad?

Although fun, a lot of the elves seem pretty gimmicky (niche) or flimsy.

Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Well, to be really effective, I think they need the order markers (i.e. warm colors). I'm unsure of calling them bread and butter, but they may well be (in time, hopefully they will be the new Arrow Gruts or at least Aquila's version).

I have trouble making them clean-up--what are they doing with that bonding and how are they using SJ--that is a lot of points of clean-up.

For now they seem like a kind of shark (and in conjunction with SJ, perhaps an effective one), but I hope they grow up into B&B.
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Oh, and on the elves, I'm waiting to play them. The options seem to wide to call yet. They are definitely gimmicky (that is exactly the word for it), but all together they may work.

Seem a bit like Sharks and Cheerleaders in a relationship made possible by the gimmicks...
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Your comments here, and Eclipse's comments elsewhere have made me decide that the spiders should be sharks after all, Sujoah too. That should do for now. I like the idea of the insectoid arrow gruts though. A few intresting bonding options for these guys would be incredible.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old May 19th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

-I would say that the Spiders are a mix of Defenders, and Sharks!

-Sujoah, is a shark, and is born to be one, but the fact that you also want to keep him aside to just pick off certain units makes me think else wise!

Maybe it's time to create a new Protector class, which feature units that can be Sharks, but also need to be used carefully!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:37 PM

Doey08 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The new spiders are probably only good for their special power, but that can be hard to work with. They could be glyph grabbers, with their move of 7. They feature bonding, but only for one figure I think-that new Aquilla Bug.

Knights, Cavalry, Minutemen-What's better than that?
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doey08 View Post
The new spiders are probably only good for their special power, but that can be hard to work with. They could be glyph grabbers, with their move of 7. They feature bonding, but only for one figure I think-that new Aquilla Bug.
That we know of so far, There will be more Predators! They are good at a lot of think, because of how mobile, and how they work. The can incapacitate an opponents figure very easily!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Maybe it's time to create a new Protector class, which feature units that can be Sharks, but also need to be used carefully!
If anything, I've been thinking about decreasing the number of categories, but they'll probably stay put for awhile. At its core, there are units that attack, units that restrict, and units that support. There are units that can't reliably do any of the above, and units that are perhaps too reliable, and these mess with the basic 3 categories.

Quote:
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:54 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Oh, and on the elves, I'm waiting to play them. The options seem to wide to call yet. They are definitely gimmicky (that is exactly the word for it), but all together they may work.

Seem a bit like Sharks and Cheerleaders in a relationship made possible by the gimmicks...
I definitely agree on the elves. Emiroon, for instance, comes off to me a lot like Sir Gilbert. He exists to get guys like Arkmer, who has high attack and low defense--shark!--into a position to be more effective. So that makes me lean cheerleader with Emiroon.

Sujoah is a shark, the move and offensive power definitely make her come off that way. I'm a little baffled with where the spiders fit in. I really think I'm going to have to play them to see what works best. They obviously compare somewhat to Nagrubs, who are defenders, but that's as much because the Nagrubs can be chomped up for life, whereas the spiders are more offensive. I honestly have no idea... I really want to play them to see whether they work best as aggressive units or in support or whatnot.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old May 19th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Adrian Monk

I'm afraid the spiders are just too weak (what I called "squishable" elsewhere ...) to be much of a defender class unit. Like Sharks, they can be wicked, if they are kept in motion, loaded with unit markers, I think these guys will work. (And, someday, more big bugs will come to town to play with them...happy day...)
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well, Sujoh definitely needs to attack - which makes him more of a shark, IMO. He's kind of like Zetacron, though - hero killer more than anything. The bonding helps him with swarms though, as the spiders can tie them up some while he targets someone bigger.
Problem with making Emiroon a cheerleader is that no one benefits from him just being around - his benefits only come when he takes a turn and moves people around. That means he actually *needs* order markers to be effective. Of course, if you have an Ulginesh army with the elf wizards, it's all moot, since as long as he's alive he's getting all the order markers. Though, you still need to decide when to move who so it's a good idea to define these guys.
Arkmer seems on the defensive side, but needs a lot of help with that. Jorhdawn is the big attacker, but clearly needs a lot of help there as well. With such specific synergies, they're a difficult bunch to fit into the preexisting categories for sure.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 20th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Adrian Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Well, Sujoh definitely needs to attack - which makes him more of a shark, IMO. He's kind of like Zetacron, though - hero killer more than anything. The bonding helps him with swarms though, as the spiders can tie them up some while he targets someone bigger.
Problem with making Emiroon a cheerleader is that no one benefits from him just being around - his benefits only come when he takes a turn and moves people around. That means he actually *needs* order markers to be effective. Of course, if you have an Ulginesh army with the elf wizards, it's all moot, since as long as he's alive he's getting all the order markers. Though, you still need to decide when to move who so it's a good idea to define these guys.
Arkmer seems on the defensive side, but needs a lot of help with that. Jorhdawn is the big attacker, but clearly needs a lot of help there as well. With such specific synergies, they're a difficult bunch to fit into the preexisting categories for sure.
I agree with everything you say here (and esp. that last sentence). Like Saylind, Emiroon is really a niche unit (I believe). It is Ulgy who opens up that niche and gives the Elves a fighting chance.

So, is Ulgy a Shark or a new kind of Bread & Butter Hero (?!)? Arkmer has a good ranged attack, but I think he is more clean-up than anything. Jorhdawn strikes me a Shark.

These guys may change the categories a bit--but the basic idea of where the Order Makers go is, if he is alive, Ulgy.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles