Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old May 11th, 2009, 01:28 AM

C.L. has disabled reputation
Re: The Untouchables

The only change I would make would be to IM, that would be to give him a life of 6.

Old May 11th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I kinda like how all the humans who are completely human (I consider Cap "enhanced") have 4 for life. Iron Man gets lots of defense from his suit, but it shouldn't give him any extra life if you get past those defenses, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2009, 01:44 AM

Well then his point should be a little lower, because all after one bad roll and he's gone...

Old May 11th, 2009, 01:47 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

4 Life and 6 defense isn't much different than Q9 in terms of survivability ... in fact, factor in his flying and he'll often have height advantage (7 defense) and that and his increased mobility likely gives him more survivability than Q9 against normal attacks.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

One bad roll against the HULK and he may be a goner. But Iron Man is not meant to go toe to toe with a Heavy Hitter in all out Melee combat, he should be graceful yet powerful at a distance. I would however like to see a defense ability like "Tough" giving him an automatic shield against all attacks.
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
4 Life and 6 defense isn't much different than Q9 in terms of survivability ... in fact, factor in his flying and he'll often have height advantage (7 defense) and that and his increased mobility likely gives him more survivability than Q9 against normal attacks.
You’ve have a good point there, I guess I need to rethink my strategies

Old May 11th, 2009, 09:55 AM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
The symbiote provides Eddie Brock with various abilities similar to Spider-Man, its former host, including superhuman strength, agility, and reflexes, webbing creation, and the ability to adhere to walls. It does inherit the spider-sense, and it allows him to bypass Spider-Man's own senses. In addition, the alien could also neutralize Peter's spider-sense, which left Peter vulnerable to Venom's attacks. Due to Eddie Brock's muscular physique and natural physical strength from weight training, his strength as Venom is superior to Spider-Man's tenfold. Venom's webbing is very similar to that of Spider-Man, albeit from the back of the host's hand instead of the wrist. The webbing is created from the symbiote itself, so it is much stronger. This also creates an upper limit for the webbing, as overuse can significantly weaken the symbiote, as evidenced by the manner of Venom's defeat in Amazing Spider-Man (vol. 1) #300. It can also create tentacles and tendrils to grab enemies in addition to producing the standard webbing. Venom also has claws on his fingers which can be used as weapons to stab or cut open his foes.
Venom's body is highly resistant to physical injury, and it can help its host survive in hostile environments by filtering air. It can also heal any injury or illness Brock suffers much more quickly than human medical care, and allowed him to survive indefinitely with terminal cancer. The symbiote is very susceptible to high-pitched sonic frequencies and fire. The Venom symbiote contains a small 'dimensional aperture', allowing Brock to carry items without adding mass to the costume, and it is able to transform to mimic any human or become camouflaged with its surroundings. The symbiote shares all of its knowledge with Brock, and projects its own desires into his mind. It is also capable of psychically detecting its offspring; however, this ability can be blocked.
The symbiote cannot be detected by Spider-Man's spider-senses, due to its former bond with the hero. As a result, Brock proved able to keep up with the more experienced Spider-Man in combat, while also being able to stalk Peter Parker without his realizing it.
After divesting himself of the symbiote, Eddie Brock's lingering symbiote cells are charged with the mystical energies of Mister Negative. The cells bond with Eddie's leukocytes, forming a new symbiote, the Anti-Venom. As the chalk-white Anti-Venom, Brock has all the abilities and powers of Venom, plus the ability to "cleanse" human bodies of foreign influences, such as symbiotes, certain people's super powers, sickness, and drugs. He also lacks the main weaknesses of the symbiote race, as extreme heat and sonic waves no longer have any effect on him. Anti-Venom also cuts out all Spider-man's powers if they get too close to each othe
From Wikipedia

I don't know what to do to differentiate Venom from Spider-Man as they both pretty much have the same powers

Maybe add a rage type attack?

Quote:
Maybe ... Long Range Rocket Special Attack?
Range 8 Attack 2
Iron Man may use this special attack 4 times in the same turn. Iron Man may target the same figure or a different figure with each attack.

Or you could lower the numbers of attacks from that power to two, keep it at attack 2, and give it an explosive effect.
I like the idea in bold

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old May 11th, 2009, 03:54 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lots of good ideas on both Iron Man AND Venom. I'll update that Iron Man in the next day or two, and if nobody else starts a Venom card, I'll start one for him too.
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Ahhhh! How did I miss this. I've been so focused on C3G, I missed that my thread took off.

Dr. Doom

Still missing something. His electo shock special attack isn't necessary because I believe it is represented with his normal attack. I'd like to see something like this.

Mastermind
If Dr. Doom has not been destroyed, at the beginning of your turn before revealing an order marker, you may switch any two of your order markers. (This would represent everything always seeming to go as planned for Dr. Doom)

Iron Man
We really need to reduce his life to 3. He has a weak heart and the only thing that protects him is his suit. That being said, we should up his Defense. We could do this either with an ability or naturally. His suit offers him forcefields so I wouldn't mind seeing an automatic shield. Here's what I think.

Double Attack
Flying
Super Strength
Force Field
-When Iron Man rolls defense, you may add one automatic shield
Repulser Beam Special Attack
-Attack 3 Range 5
-Damages all adjacent figures
Lower Life to 3
Lower his Defense to 5

Spiderman
He shouldn't do alot of damage, but should be really hard to hit him. Up his Defense to 6.

Last edited by Balantai; May 12th, 2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old May 12th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really think Spider-Man and Venom are different enough. Their stats don't separate them much on paper, but the reasons for drafting them and the best ways to play them diverge. Venom is a heavy hitter who wants to get lots of order markers and use them to savage enemy forces. Spider-Man wants to attack less often, but make a nuisance of himself by engagement and forcing wasted attacks. I'm satisfied with that.
Old May 12th, 2009, 03:04 PM

Monk has disabled reputation

I like all the figures. I think they were well thought out.
That being said, I use a different Iron Man than the one that came in the game. I don't mind that he has 4 life. I mean, he does have a bad heart and a drinking problem, but to keep him around longer and make him stand with the heavy hitters, I added a special ranged attack, which goes with the comics. I also played around with his defense till I settled on a Defense of 5 ( wait , here me out). 5 with 1 automatic shield, for his forcefield makes him 25% stronger on defense. He works out great if you play him smart and know when to leave an engagement to set up the big shot.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...08/IronMan.jpg
Old May 12th, 2009, 03:08 PM

That Iron Man is waaaaay under priced. An 7 range Special Attack with a potential for EIGHT attack dice, should raise his cost by more than 15 by itself. Then add in an auto shield AND an extra defense die, and you're more than increasing his survivability by 25% (probably should increase his cost by about that much with those changes too - so 60 points up right there). I think 320 is probably about right for him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion